PDA

View Full Version : whats wrong with my gun!?!?!

kramernator
03-30-2008, 02:39 PM
i have a rodeo with a torpedo reg, trinity font block, ND valve spring kit and polished internals and i use c02
it keeps on burping!!! i want to run it low pressure, i have everything i need, but it refuses to recock. i have tried running it at everything from 300-500 psi it will shoot fine for the first 10 shots or so then it will burp, but instead of the burp getting progressively shorter until it stops, like when low on air, it goes like i am just shooting really fast, then it will catch, and do it a couple shots later.

now that i think about it, it may be that the pin on my trigger is bad and is not catching the striker, but i don't know, if it makes any difference, it is about 45* outside.

it worked fine a few weeks ago, but the psi was at like 600 or something. i don't know why it won't run at low pressure. my main spring is the lightest i have (however it doesn't feel much lighter that the stock spring). should i put a heavier one in, should i put i different valve spring in?

i don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hossy
03-30-2008, 02:47 PM
I think your not either getting enough pressure, especially because its cold, and your PSI needs to be higher, LP aint workin for ya.
Maybe try the new springs. It wont hurt.

druid
03-30-2008, 10:14 PM
i have a rodeo with a torpedo reg,

1. trinity font block,
2. ND valve spring kit and
3. polished internals
4. and i use c02

it keeps on burping!!! i want to run it low pressure,

5. i have everything i need,

but it refuses to recock.

6. i have tried running it at everything from 300-500 psi it will shoot fine for the first 10 shots or so then it will burp,

7. but instead of the burp getting progressively shorter until it stops, like when low on air, it goes like i am just shooting really fast, then it will catch, and do it a couple shots later.

8. now that i think about it, it may be that the pin on my trigger is bad and is not catching the striker, but i don't know,

9. if it makes any difference, it is about 45* outside.

it worked fine a few weeks ago, but the psi was at like 600 or something. i don't know why it won't run at low pressure. my main spring is the lightest i have (however it doesn't feel much lighter that the stock spring). should i put a heavier one in, should i put i different valve spring in?

i don't know what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Is the Trinity drilled out to be higher flowing? It should be...
2. What about the actual valve? You need a higher flowing valve than stock...not just a new spring on the stock valve. I've had my best results with Maddman Rocket Valves.
3. Mkay
4. Mkay
5. Apparently not. Have you plugged the exhaust port in the bottom tube? Have you dished (ottermodded) the face of the striker? Have you removed the CO2 screen from the marker (or made sure they are all out)?
6. Because it's not getting the volume of air and incrementally getting less and less, causing the recocking failure. 10-1 if you shoot slowly...like 1 ball every 2 seconds, it would work fine but anything faster, you get what is happening already...right?
7. It's called jackhammering and or shortstroking. It's because there's either not enough gas to properly recock the striker or the recoil spring is too stiff. I suspect what's happening is that when it's catching, there is a CO2 spike that adds enough "umph" to make it catch. Using a stiffer spring will only make it worse...this is not the issue.
8. I'd more say that it would be the sear spring failing to push the sear up all the way.
9. That temp will definitely affect CO2 usage. Attempt it inside where it's warmer and see if it stops.

Click the Bible link in my sig. Look through Project LP and see what I mean.

STRIKEFIRST
03-31-2008, 05:10 PM
c02 is freezing her up.

go anti siphoned c02 and make sure yuor reg is lubed correctly with dow 33 or 55.

kramernator
04-01-2008, 01:28 PM
Yeag, it must have been the temp, i cleaned everything and then tried it out in the house......everything was perfect.
thanks

kramernator
04-03-2008, 02:06 PM
Have you plugged the exhaust port in the bottom tube? Have you dished (ottermodded) the face of the striker?

one quick question, what exactly do those two things do?, what is the purpose

druid
04-14-2008, 11:05 PM
plugging the port allows a lower operating pressure because less is needed to recock the striker. Otherwise, it will bleed the air out the port...

and

dishing the striker "catches" the air used to recock it [better]. Click the Spyder Bible link in my sig and read about it in further detail