PDA

View Full Version : Help with gun

ace._
03-30-2008, 11:03 AM
hi my gun is really chopping paint like crazy and i wanted to know what was wrong with it and its stock i was wondering if this was the problem because i lost the screw to the hopper frame here is a pic http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g261/midnight202/ECP_00001.jpg

DFSniper
03-30-2008, 11:05 AM
its possible. if your feedneck is loose, itll mess up your feeding. i had that problem and the ball would break and get stuck AROUND the bolt and it took 2 people to unjam it. get a new screw, then go to autozone and pick up some blue (medium) thread sealant to keep the screw in place.

ace._
03-30-2008, 12:30 PM
the gun came with a new screw and when i tried screwing it messed up the thread in the feedneck (the one in the picture ^ where its missing) so i was wondering what i can do about that please help:(

bigred76
03-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Call up Kingman tomorrow and talk to them about it. Their reps are good people and will be able to help you get a new screw if that's all it needs, or if it's more they'll ask you to send in your gun for a warantee repair (given it's under warantee... right?)

DFSniper
03-30-2008, 12:58 PM
lern 2 spel tim... its "warranty" :p

if you didnt send the warranty card in, do so immediately in case they actually check (which i doubt).

slim and shady
03-30-2008, 02:10 PM
My question would be what condition are your detents in? if you are double feeding it will mess up alot of paint. That would be my guess take the feedneck off and look at your detents. I dont think losing 1 of the three screws to your neck would cause a problem like that although it is worth it to get it fixed.

ace._
03-30-2008, 02:31 PM
the feedneck is really tight on i think the problem was probly that i dint put the elbow on right it was probly too looose. Also do you guys think if i put an electronic loader it will work better (because i recently bought a rocking trigger and im not going to use it till i get my qloader)? and if not how can i fix it so the screw can actually fit in the messed up thread

crecsky
03-30-2008, 10:38 PM
The exact same thing happened to me and I have no problems with ball breaks.

Quick_2
03-31-2008, 11:39 AM
well if your shooting with the rocking trigger frame and using a crappy hopper that cant keep up YES you most definatly will chop!.. no doubt about it... i would reccomend doing a small test to bug out a few possibilities..

first get your gun cleaned, oiled nice and ready. Get fresh paint without dimples.
make sure the feedneck is on tight. Take off hopper and feed one ball at a time. Make sure the temperature is about 70degrees or so and shoot one ball at a time VERY slowly.. if you chop (not barrel break) then record this.. then try other paints. If you chop in the barrel clean it and check to see that your paint is easily blown through with your mouth or that it rolls through..

just use common scence please and narrow down the possibilties.. you get the idea

SpyderMan723
03-31-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm missing the same screw.. no probs for me :D

slim and shady
03-31-2008, 06:30 PM
Did you look at your detents? though if your just using a gravity hopper that probably wouldnt be the problem.

ace._
03-31-2008, 08:30 PM
Will it help if i just get a ACP bolt ? and also what is the difference between the low blow ACP bolt and the the normal one ?

irishwarrior
04-01-2008, 02:09 AM
ace., please answer shady's question. If the detents are faulty it's imperative that they are replaced.

SpyderMan723
04-01-2008, 04:51 AM
the chopping might have to do with the quality/size of the paint he is using.

what kind of paint are you shooting?

crecsky
04-01-2008, 11:51 AM
I shoot with ****ty Canadian Tire paint, no problems with the lame paint, nor the missing screw. So it's probably something other than that which would solve this gentlemans problem.

ace._
04-01-2008, 01:57 PM
where can i find these detents you guys are talking about ? sorry im new to this sport and thanks for all your guys help...oh and im shooting premium paintballs

irishwarrior
04-01-2008, 04:20 PM
You can probably find them at your local pro shop, and if not, do a google search.

PS: The detent is that black rubber thing right under your feedneck.

ace._
04-01-2008, 05:13 PM
rubber? i dont have rubber under my feedneck

ace._
04-01-2008, 05:33 PM
guys i cleaned my gun really good so i tried it out twice today and now i noticed that it only barrel breaks so im wondering what can i do about that please help guys

N_Dub_Spyder
04-01-2008, 05:50 PM
You need to find good detents, use good paint, keep your gun oiled, and make sure that you a feeding the marker good enough. If your hopper is popcorning your rounds you can have breach/barrell breaks. Keep the paint out of the barrell after a break to prevent further breaks. Very important that your gun is being fed correctly though. Good luck.

slim and shady
04-01-2008, 07:56 PM
If you take off your feedneck you will see your detent under there just pull it out if the detent doesnt have a long rubber finger protruding out of it, then it was sheared off. If the finger is ripped or torn replace it anyway.

irishwarrior
04-02-2008, 02:09 AM
rubber? i dont have rubber under my feedneck

What I meant by that was if you take the feedneck off there should be a small black thing, which is the detent.

deano 177
04-02-2008, 09:20 AM
What I meant by that was if you take the feedneck off there should be a small black thing, which is the detent.
Some people refer to it as the fourth screw hole. The dent goes where they would have put the next screw to hold the feedneck on... Part number 03 (http://www.spyder.tv/section/support/manuals/mr1.pdf)

ace._
04-02-2008, 03:54 PM
oh ok i checked and it was fine so either way i just put on replacement detent just in case but now im only getting barrel breaks when i have the hopper on and when i shoot they curve like crazy (but thats after i break).... but if i feed the balls one by one there is no problem so should i get a new hopper or what ?

mr1newbie
04-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Are you using a gravity hopper? If so, you might be shooting too fast for the hopper.