PDA

View Full Version : First day playing in nearly 3 years

xtraking
03-29-2008, 08:52 PM
Well it's true, last time I played was early summer going into Sophomore year and I'm a senior.

Talk about a hiatus haha.

Well all in all it was a good day.
First, if you live or ever wish to play in Maryland do not go to Robinhood Paintball. No exaggeration, it took no less than 15 minutes to go from game to game because the ref would stuff his face between each game. Also, most of the time we had about 24 people because they did not want to split up walk ons. Ridiculous right? We once waited 32 minutes, I timed it. Never going there again. Only good thing was it was 15 for entry, all day air, and we could use our own paint, but they had good paint prices.

Anyways, I got my gun and everything loaded, it was shooting pretty hot, but I eventually got it to around 280ish... luckily.
I played about 9 or 10 games, played up front mostly, I found my love of doritos again which was nice haha. This place had a no bunkering policy, which was retarded, because I was playing with some pretty experienced guys, but whatever. Most games I played front, played the snake a little, did a couple run throughs and got a few out. I am a lot more of a ballsy player now, so that helped out a lot. At first me and my friends were picked last for games (stupid cliques), but at the end I was picked towards the beginning sothat made me feel good haha.

But all in all, it was a good day and I'm glad to have played. Now, I really want to get back into it, but the money just isn't there, all goes to gas and insurance. :( Anybody have advice for this?

TL;DR- I had a good time playing for the first time in almost 3 years, while playing at the worst field I had ever been to.

-Dave

Edit: Oh yeah, only 2 chops and they were in the first game :)

bigred76
03-29-2008, 09:35 PM
Play pump. ;)

Glad to hear you had fun, even if the refs were ****ty! :waytogo:

1. This forum requires that you wait 45 seconds between posts. Please try again in 23 seconds.

DFSniper
03-30-2008, 03:34 AM
:stupid:

thats why i got my hammer, so i could play more. but i still havent been able to play since i got it :(

xtraking
03-30-2008, 07:52 AM
You know what, I just posted on PBN about pump. I really want to play, but i Just don't have the nerves to actually go out onto a field with guys shooting 15bps.

Then again, I just don't have the cash to support shooting semi haha.
Some guy put it nicely this way, "ts like getting in a pool, its much colder if you walk in the little steps, and its much easier to cannonball right in. So just jump in, take a few chances, it will def build confidence" - thejudgeman66

Haha so we'll see what happens.

Hossy
03-30-2008, 09:29 AM
Everytime ive been to Robinhood its been a great expirience. guess you just went on an off day-
The field is kept up well for the amount you pay to get in. 15 bucks for admission and air, and then paint is cheap.

I would have came and fried you if you told me you were going up, nub. :)
Glad you had fun

TheDarkShadow
03-30-2008, 12:36 PM
sounds like it was all in all fun, hopefully I can play next week