PDA

View Full Version : You've GOT to be kidding me...(-.-)

druid
03-29-2008, 03:48 PM
http://www.simsvibrationlab.com/Products/Paintball/Sniper_Donut.aspx

for paintball? WTF?!

Yeah they work for firearms and archery because I use them...but COMMONNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

SpyderMan723
03-29-2008, 03:57 PM
http://www.simsvibrationlab.com/Products/Paintball/Sniper_Donut.aspx

for paintball? WTF?!

Yeah they work for firearms and archery because I use them...but COMMONNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

ehhhhh... kinda ugly lookin

Ace24
03-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Anyone who thinks theres that much recoil and vibration with a paintball gun deserves to be shot... The only gun this might have use on is a Tippmann Effect 98 Custom with an Ape board. Those are vibration/recoil monsters.

vikingshadow
03-29-2008, 04:59 PM
Ok, THAT'S what that thing is. I saw a video of a tournament (not sure where or what league - only that it was raining) and several of the players had those on their barrels. I had NO clue what they were for!

Hmmm, don't think it's going on my Christmas list, unless someone can give me a very good reason (better than what's already been stated) for using one...

HelpDeskHustler
03-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Ok, THAT'S what that thing is. I saw a video of a tournament (not sure where or what league - only that it was raining) and several of the players had those on their barrels. I had NO clue what they were for!

Hmmm, don't think it's going on my Christmas list, unless someone can give me a very good reason (better than what's already been stated) for using one...

seriously... it's been bothering me too. I felt number 23 insanity coming on.

druid
03-30-2008, 12:09 PM
yes I know...

These products really do work on firearms and archery equipment because I've tried and still use them. However, I think on a PB marker...especially the high-enders as seen in the vids...it's a bit ridiculous. I mean really...my upped Ion has like no recoil at all and the high-enders are just that much better than mine. The paint-to-bore match is more important to accuracy than the slight vibrations a marker may experience at the barrel...It just begs the question: "Why? Seriously...why???"

Now I also know that there are recoil buffers for AR-15s, AKs, SKSs, .45 ACPs and other firearms made this material. I'm not talking about recoil pads added to the stocks...but systems that are actually put into the receivers around recoil springs and behind the carrier bolts to absorb that rearward recoil. I think if they created similarly small wafers or washers to put at the back-plates of stacked-tube blowbacks...or a donut that fits in front of the valve...THEN I could see it having some measurable difference in performance.

But on a barrel?.....really....

DFSniper
03-30-2008, 12:35 PM
i saw this thread last night, and was struck by so much noobitity (yes, i just created a word!) that i couldnt find the energy to post...

the ONLY practical application i see would be for paint cannons.. oh, and druid, i didnt know they made them for rifles, i thought they just made them for bows.

TheDarkShadow
03-30-2008, 12:43 PM
I cant imagine that it could really make that big of a difference

BTW DFSniper I wish I didnt click where it says "click me if you dare"

Hossy
03-30-2008, 12:44 PM
They also have the tactical grip stuff for your gun.
double waste of money

vikingshadow
03-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Ok, now I wish I hadn't clicked on that link DF. Holy smokes - how irritating!

DFSniper
03-30-2008, 01:28 PM
MWAAHAHAHA! my ex girlfriend sent that to me. its a good thing i like that song or it would have been unbearable!

Warnichek
05-19-2008, 07:58 AM
we had one of these at the shop we got in the mail to show. It is not worth anything. doesn't work like it does on a firearm or bow.

STRIKEFIRST
05-19-2008, 08:58 AM
yes I know...

These products really do work on firearms and archery equipment because I've tried and still use them. However, I think on a PB marker...especially the high-enders as seen in the vids...it's a bit ridiculous. I mean really...my upped Ion has like no recoil at all and the high-enders are just that much better than mine. The paint-to-bore match is more important to accuracy than the slight vibrations a marker may experience at the barrel...It just begs the question: "Why? Seriously...why???"

Now I also know that there are recoil buffers for AR-15s, AKs, SKSs, .45 ACPs and other firearms made this material. I'm not talking about recoil pads added to the stocks...but systems that are actually put into the receivers around recoil springs and behind the carrier bolts to absorb that rearward recoil. I think if they created similarly small wafers or washers to put at the back-plates of stacked-tube blowbacks...or a donut that fits in front of the valve...THEN I could see it having some measurable difference in performance.

But on a barrel?.....really....

I have them on my Bow...they work great...this for paintball is a stretch and a half...I vote paintball gimmick product of the year!

Moe
05-19-2008, 03:44 PM
lolwut.

I guess the depressed economy is causing people to make some retarded products. :p