PDA

View Full Version : proper co2 refilling?

kramernator
03-28-2008, 06:01 PM
is there anything other that the obvious that i need to know about how to fill my own co2? i have one of the big tanks, i actually use it for welding, and i will soon order an adapter thing from acvillage soon.
then i will need a scale the measures in ounces. then i just fill up the tank with x# of ounces of co2, right?

is there something about tipping the big tank so that i get liquid in the small tank instead of only gas?

kramernator
03-28-2008, 06:07 PM
i just read the other co2 fill station post, it said something about "chilling" the tank???

and i suppose i will need either a siphon tube or i will need to lay the bulk tank on its side. duh, i should have relized that, you cant weigh gas! :o

tumtum00
03-28-2008, 06:30 PM
i just read the other co2 fill station post, it said something about "chilling" the tank???

and i suppose i will need either a siphon tube or i will need to lay the bulk tank on its side. duh, i should have relized that, you cant weigh gas! :o

hey man yea you need a tank with a dip tube,(siphon tube) and only fill them up about 4/5 of the way full, to allow room for expansion of the liquid to gas, if not you will blow the burst disc. get a filling station with two valves. it is easier to bleed the excess out cause you can cut the one off that goes to the tank. I do this myself so if you have any questions lmk. I will be glad to help you.

tumtum00
03-28-2008, 06:32 PM
oh yea to chill the tank put in around 2-3 ozs in them and then bleed it out not fast but not slow, somewhere in the middle so you can get the tank cold and fill it to what it needs to be, if the tank is too warm it turns to gas too quickly, and the tanks will equalize with pressure and you can't fill them to where they need to be filled.

kramernator
03-29-2008, 01:07 PM
alright, i think i got it, thanks a lot