PDA

View Full Version : cci phantom

spyderfan4271
03-28-2008, 12:40 PM
With the money I get from selling an ion I was considering buying a cci phantom. This wouldn't be my primary marker I also have a mini invert. I think a pump would be nice change of pace and force me to play smarter. How are they as far as maintenance. I am a father that has to maintain mine and assist my sons with cleaning and maintenance on there markers. The ion was a pain to take apart compared to a spyder. Also what kind of range and accuracy can one expect from a phantom. I shot a friends tippmann that supposedly shot over 150 feet, but he also had the crono turned up to 318 fps. So anyone out there with a phantom or other pumps tell me what you think.

Hossy
03-28-2008, 12:50 PM
Invert Mini-

The Phantoms are at the top of the line of the pump market, along with the sniper 2 and a few others. They are very nice, and for the most part not hard to mess up, because there are no electronics, because it is a pump.
If you look and find some of Bamf-Hackers pictures of his phantoms, you will fall in love with them. He (and you can as well) can customize where you put alot of the parts, and make it have a few different looks.
If your going to play pump, get a Phantom. If you will want to get better, pump is also a good way to do that, as well as give your kids an advantage if you are better than them :)
They are a bit pricey though.

vikingshadow
03-28-2008, 01:12 PM
I love my Phantom. EASY maintenance, easy to shoot, fun to play with. You don't have to customize because it's great just as it comes, but you can customize if you like.

Accuracy is great with the stock barrel, but you can of course get other barrels. Also, it shoots just as far as any other gun that's set to the proper FPS.

Kenny_McCormic
03-28-2008, 02:05 PM
To disassemble it 3 screws for basic cleaning plus a big nut that holds the valve together, they dont really take much maintenance.