PDA

View Full Version : Well Water...

badlandsrox
03-27-2008, 05:10 PM
So weve had really low pressure in our water lately, werent really sure what caused it or anything, so we had the plumber out to take a look at the pressure tank... everything was good, so they took a look at our softener that we had put in last month to see if anything might be wrong there, and heres what they found...

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e15/Kayle411/abcd/watersoftner.jpg

Thats a filter out of our softener, and the housing it was in, was almost overflowing with that stuff (Iron Bacteria), just to give you an idea, the thing is supposed to be mostly clean and white in color, cause its the last thing after the softening process, and before it comes out the taps. When we brought it into the place we bought the softner from, they could not beleive how dirty it was. Our old softener never had a filter to remove such contaminants, so i cant imagine how that never stained anything. but just as a testament to how good those softners are (Kinetico), the water came out perfectly clear out of that thing...

XSiv Force
03-27-2008, 05:34 PM
you nust first of all live above the mason-dixin line......im going to say around new england

Ace24
03-27-2008, 06:09 PM
Where the hell do you live?!

We're blessed with really good tap water here. It doesn't smell, doesn't taste funny, and is very clean compared to some places.

badlandsrox
03-27-2008, 06:19 PM
I live about 20 minutes west of Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Yeah, we usually have pretty good water, its a 100 some-odd foot well, but its 20 years old, and theres been about 10 new houses in the area we live in, and the water table isnt the greatest lately, so alot of it is that we are pulling up the water at the bottom that is full of that stuff, and the pump is old so its getting buildup on it making it easier for bacteria and everything to form, and it doesnt help that everywhere around here is some kind of agricultural farm, meaning the bacteria travels down the ground to the aquafer, further adding to the bacterial problem and theres about a billion different things wrong with it, so were getting it shocked, hopefully clearing it out of all that stuff :S

XSiv Force
03-27-2008, 06:34 PM
I knew it im from connecticut we used to have the same issues when i lived up there

HelpDeskHustler
03-28-2008, 03:52 PM
It looks more like dissolved Doritos. My guess would be their new spicy sweet chilli flavor.

badlandsrox
03-28-2008, 10:57 PM
It looks more like dissolved Doritos. My guess would be their new spicy sweet chilli flavor.

HAHA. To be honest though, when they took that out, i swore that they accidently connected the softner to the septic tank hoses haha.

bamf-hacker
03-29-2008, 04:02 AM
No offense, but I would never drink the water again after seeing that :)

That is some nasty gunk on that.

DFSniper
03-29-2008, 07:10 AM
1 word: BRITA (http://www.brita.net/)

TheDarkShadow
03-29-2008, 06:39 PM
gross...

HelpDeskHustler
03-30-2008, 11:53 AM
Tap water sucks. I'm super sensitive on almost all of my senses for some weird reason and water impurities are terrible.

I can hear conversations twice as far as most people I know.
I can hear a wider range of frequencies
I can read 12 point font from 15 feet away
I can taste the salt in dasani bottled water.

Aquafina, cold has the best taste IMO. Distilled is better, but it can be dangerous to drink at times.

I can tell when our filters (which are amazing a fixing tap) need to be replaced about a month before the change filter light comes on.

STRIKEFIRST
04-01-2008, 07:42 PM
We replace our filter once a month...Iron in the water...you get used to it here in south. michigan...2 hours north of my grandad has artesian springs...always 55 degrees and crystal clear, best water anywhere.