PDA

View Full Version : Do you put stickers on your gear?

Schecter1277
03-27-2008, 04:33 AM
I do, for 2 reasons
a-adds color to the marker and makes it stand out without reannoing it
b-I have a LOT of stickers

I came accross a label maker and made my own stickers, plus I've got other ones.
Here is what I did to my shocker, to say "this is my stuff." I liken it to wearing a blank T shirt as opposed to one with a design.
Yes, that is anime, no I am not some kid who lives in a hovel and only watches anime, but I do enjoy it some times. So, I put it on my gun for a laugh.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98/Paper_Cut1277/Paintball/Shocker26.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98/Paper_Cut1277/Paintball/Shocker25.jpg

vikingshadow
03-27-2008, 04:39 AM
I put stickers on my loader and tool box, but NEVER on my gun - I like to show off the finish on my guns so I keep them cleaned and "pure". Stickers make guns look sort of cheesey, IMO. But, to each their own!

Schecter1277
03-27-2008, 04:45 AM
My "finish" is horrid.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y98/Paper_Cut1277/Paintball/Shocker1.jpg

vikingshadow
03-27-2008, 04:51 AM
Hahaha, that looks like 90 percent of the Shockers I've ever seen. Mine is the only one that I haven't noticed any noticeable wear on the anno - and I've used it hard over about 4 years. That's VERY rare and I wish it would add to the value, haha!

Schecter1277
03-27-2008, 05:04 AM
Shockers have become like cockers and freestyles. They are only valuable to the person that owns them. I got mine in really bad shape, since then I have got that thing working really well. put over $200 into it all told. Shoots darts.

applesauce
03-27-2008, 05:52 AM
not a big fan of stickers, if you ever want to take them off its a hassle to get that residue off. i put some on my mini fridge and gun case, but neither of those have much value anyway, PMR's don't need help looking mega super awesome anyhow.

Schecter1277
03-27-2008, 06:22 AM
not a big fan of stickers, if you ever want to take them off its a hassle to get that residue off. i put some on my mini fridge and gun case, but neither of those have much value anyway, PMR's don't need help looking mega super awesome anyhow.

Yeah, thats the kind of ugly you dont recover from.

pbfreak3221
03-27-2008, 06:31 AM
I use all of my stickers on the back of my door in my room, I think putting them on gear makes the gear look cheap. I mean if I spend over a thousand dollars on a marker, I want to keep it looking nice.

bigred76
03-27-2008, 12:43 PM
I only have one sticker on my gear, and that's on the back of my VLocity. Plopped a SoftEarMods one on there and cut it down the middle with an Xacto knife so I can still disassemble it, but I'm still repping one of my favorite stores. If HobbyHorse had stickers, I'd rep one of those too, I just don't know where yet.

Schecter, that sticker on the left side's as cool as ****! :waytogo:

LostCause
03-27-2008, 03:22 PM
only have a virtue (since i <3 my virtue chip) and a Critical Paintball sticker on my Vlo jr, just cause black was to bland lol.

king-man
03-27-2008, 04:13 PM
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg177/smitty_aceweb_com/untitled.jpg
True so very True

LostCause
03-27-2008, 04:54 PM
pbnation just turns to flame wars alot sadly, though i still go there....why.....

timmyshoota
03-27-2008, 05:23 PM
That shocker anno is whats up, take the stickers off and rock the fade with pride.

To answer your question: There's only one sticker I put on guns.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/chakazulu/paintball%20things/marq73.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/chakazulu/paintball%20things/marq73.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/chakazulu/paintball%20things/marqhk1.jpg

VS3 Sniper
03-27-2008, 05:30 PM
O no not HGay. lol I like to keep my markers lookin clean. I sometimes put stickers on my hoppers or my pod caddy tho.

Schecter1277
03-27-2008, 06:02 PM
pbnation just turns to flame wars alot sadly, though i still go there....why.....

I got for the opposite reason. PBN is a bunch of tight wads. This is the internet, if you want to be talked to and cared for go to a build-a-bear forum or something. This is the internet, no one likes you, no one cares if you live or die. Though if you die, sucks for you, lulz for us. pbn tries to act like it's a flame free zone or something. This forum is doing the same thing, but I actually present good advice when I do it. Unfortunatly, people overlook it and get all "he called me an idiot mommy!" on me. If I call you an idiot, it's probably because you did something idioc. It's poor mods who ignore people who actually break the rules, and allow bad advice to flow, then treat us in a "play nice" kingergarden fashon. But I'm not gonna point shunut out. :rolleyes:

/rant

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg177/smitty_aceweb_com/untitled.jpg
True so very True

I can get you in contact with the guy who makes those, if you want a couple. He may want some money for them though, stickers aren't free to make, and he doesn't make any money giving them to you. but if you want some, I won't take any profits, I'll ask him what he wants.

Critical
03-27-2008, 06:22 PM
You know, I almost always stay out of these discussions, once they turn sour, but your comments are begging for a response, which is probably what you want anyway, but, what the hell:

I got for the opposite reason. PBN is a bunch of tight wads. This is the internet, if you want to be talked to and cared for go to a build-a-bear forum or something. This is the internet, no one likes you, no one cares if you live or die. Though if you die, sucks for you, lulz for us. pbn tries to act like it's a flame free zone or something. This forum is doing the same thing,...

This forum is nothing like PbN, and that's why we're here. Unlike your favorite sites, we actually do care about each other, just look at the support threads in the non-paintball section. People have posted their most private problems and have gotten help from people who care.

...but I actually present good advice when I do it. Unfortunatly, people overlook it and get all "he called me an idiot mommy!" on me. If I call you an idiot, it's probably because you did something idiotic.

Bludgeoning someone with information and bludgeoning them with a rock is the same thing, your goal is still to hurt rather than help. The users of this forum are not idiots, we are people who enjoy paintball, enjoy these forums, and enjoy welcoming and helping new players. How exactly does calling someone an idiot accomplish that goal?

It's poor mods who ignore people who actually break the rules, and allow bad advice to flow, then treat us in a "play nice" kingergarden fashon. But I'm not gonna point shunut out. :rolleyes:

As someone who has been around for a little while, I can honestly say that the mods here are some of the fairest, most even-handed of any forum I have been on, going back to when I started online in 1994 or so. The users of this forum have agreed to play by the rules, that being, to keep a family friendly, PG-13 attitude when here, because that's what we want. Play by the rules and less people will :rolling: when they see you have posted.

I will not defend shunut, he can do that himself, but keep in mind, everyone here likes and respects him, who feels the same about you?

Schecter1277
03-27-2008, 06:38 PM
This forum is nothing like PbN, and that's why we're here. Unlike your favorite sites, we actually do care about each other, just look at the support threads in the non-paintball section. People have posted their most private problems and have gotten help from people who care.

This forum is a carbon copy of pbn. All of the mods are either pbn mods or respected pbn members. Thus, the forum is run, like pbn.

Bludgeoning someone with information and bludgeoning them with a rock is the same thing, your goal is still to hurt rather than help. The users of this forum are not idiots, we are people who enjoy paintball, enjoy these forums, and enjoy welcoming and helping new players. How exactly does calling someone an idiot accomplish that goal?

I'm sorry, but it's a pet peev of mine when someone tells someone to go out and spend their hard earned money on something that A. They don't need or B. Is a horrible produce/investments. Where is the responsibility for those actions? Who is the person to blame when someone goes out and buys $300 worth of stuff only to find out it didn't help his problem one bit.
Example I see ALL the time:
"I bought HPA and my gun is burping." Some tanks put out 750 others put out 800psi, while other, older ones put out 850. Instead of telling the kid to buy/trade a new $60 tank we have him buy a reg, VA, bolt, valve, feedneck:confused: , barrel, striker, spring kit, expansion chamber, and macro to solve the problem. Hell, after all that he could have just bought a new gun.

As someone who has been around for a little while, I can honestly say that the mods here are some of the fairest, most even-handed of any forum I have been on, going back to when I started online in 1994 or so. The users of this forum have agreed to play by the rules, that being, to keep a family friendly, PG-13 attitude when here, because that's what we want. Play by the rules and less people will :rolling: when they see you have posted.

There is PG-13 then there is G. Which do you actually want?

I will not defend shunut, he can do that himself, but keep in mind, everyone here likes and respects him, who feels the same about you?

I am not here to be liked and respected. If that is an end result then fine. However, I will give honest advice to the best of my ability. But when I see people doing stupid stuff that will cost them money, or cost others money, I will tell them STOP! Look at my posts, not one of them has been actual "flaming" (definition:coming into the thread and insulting the original poster while contributing nothing to the thread)

timmyshoota
03-27-2008, 06:42 PM
I am teh flame king. With that said...

PbN> *

If you think PBN is all flaming, you are looking for it. I'm on there everyday. I go between the different marker forums, HK forum, news forum, Mask and BST forums and I hardly EVER find flaming.

Schecter1277
03-27-2008, 06:44 PM
I am teh flame king. With that said...

PbN> *

If you think PBN is all flaming, you are looking for it. I'm on there everyday. I go between the different marker forums, HK forum, news forum, Mask and BST forums and I hardly EVER find flaming.

offtopic.com is all flaming. (same with 4chan.org)

pb34
03-27-2008, 06:51 PM
I have to disagree when you say that this forum is a carbon copy of PBN just because it has some of the same mods and members. This forum is much smaller and thus we are a much tighter community. There is also much less toleration for flaming and useless posts here. They may belong to both PBN and here but the way they moderate could be completely different.

However this was not the point of this thread and if it doesn't get back on topic it will be closed. I personally am not a fan of stickers on guns. I'll put an occasional one on my hopper but I like to keep my gun clean.

tumtum00
03-27-2008, 06:53 PM
oh i hope i don't do something "idioc" so you won't call me out on it, (nice spelling genius boy)