PDA

View Full Version : feedneck problem

Robe_one
03-26-2008, 05:16 PM
the frame of the feedneck threads woreout from putting on the hopper and now the feedneck wont stay on to the frame of the gun?any ideas?:(

bigred76
03-26-2008, 10:34 PM
First off, welcome to the boards! I hope that we can answer all your questions that you have, for if we can't, then noone can! ;)

What exactly do you mean? The feedneck threads that attach it to the marker's body (part FND001 in the manual), or the part that twists and locks down on the hopper (part FND003)? Here's a link to the online manual so you don't have to search for it: linky (http://www.spyder.tv/section/support/manuals/vs2.pdf). The diagram's on page 12 of the PDF, 19-20 in the paper manual.

Either way, do you have a picture (even a crappy one will do, really) of the damage that you're referring to?

On my first impression, you most likely can call Kingman for a replacement, and have it shipped to you for about $15 if not for free. If it turns out to be the feedneck itself, and not the twist-lock part of it, then you might as well look into an aftermarket feedneck as it will be about the same cost, but will be easier to take on and off your hopper (instead of twisting it, you can use a lever clamp). I need those pictures and a more in depth description to give more info and advice.

nastystankweed
03-30-2008, 03:46 PM
Hey guys I was out balling today and made a lame superman. The feedneck and my vlocity fell off of the gun when I got it back to on It would just keep falling off so I called myself out and checked it and it looks like the threading on the gun has rubed itself off and the feedneck wont stay on. What should I do? the trinity sick bodys are just plain ugly(expensive) and Kingman customer services isnt operating today.
Thanks

bigred76
03-30-2008, 09:49 PM
Call tomorrow. They're open then, and you can send your gun in. Get an RMA number for a factory replacement on warantee issues for a defect in the manufacturing of the feedneck threads. It's what I'd do. It may not really be a defect in the manufacturing, but chances are they'll take it and give you a new body or get you a cheap replacement body.

Robe_one
04-19-2008, 02:31 PM
part FND001 is the part that doesnt screw onto the frame of my gun anymore

sorry for the taking forever to reply i took the gun back to the place i bought it and they said they were gonna send it back and see what spyder does about it..

---ROBE

bigred76
04-19-2008, 10:41 PM
Sounds like the threads in the body were stripped, then. Spyder should replace it if it's bad manufacturing on their end.

kmb32123
06-30-2008, 07:30 AM
This is kind of the same topic but not really. Awhile ago i bout a clamping feed neck for my pilot. it had a tab addapter that the feed screws into. so after awhile i found out that the feed neck not only fits my gun but also fits in my friends icd promaster and my friends ion. So what im asking is when i get a vs2 will the feed neck i have also fit in the vs2???

spyderfan4271
07-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Not trying to hijack the thread but the Vs2 uses the ion feedneck thread so it will fit smart parts markers like nerves, shockers, eos, epiphany, etc. spyder vs and rs series markers and empire mini inverts. I think the new pilot and electra and I am sure the list is probably even longer.