PDA

View Full Version : Hoppa

SpyderMan723
03-26-2008, 04:09 PM
I need to pick up a good loader for under $50 that would work well with my mech cocker.

I was looking at a number of loaders such as; The VL force, The Reloader 2, and theres always good ol' gravity.

Help me decide boys :D

irishwarrior
03-26-2008, 04:22 PM
I have the grav loader that came with my MR1 and it hasn't chopped once even with my rocking trigger.

tumtum00
03-26-2008, 04:24 PM
a revvy would work great for your mechanical gun, and isn't a a constant agitation type, and you can find them for great deals on pbn or ebay.

SpyderMan723
03-26-2008, 04:27 PM
a revvy would work great for your mechanical gun, and isn't a a constant agitation type, and you can find them for great deals on pbn or ebay.

Yea i was looking at revvy's. They have them at Richards Sporting Goods for like $45 bucks tho! and I looked at the newer revy's and they were only 30 so i did some research and read some reviews and i guess its terrible so yea i might get with a rev

colonel_moo
03-26-2008, 04:30 PM
A revvy should be more than enough for a mech cocker, especially if you suction time it. No sense spending any more than you need to, assuming you plan on keeping the gun mech.

bigred76
03-26-2008, 04:33 PM
Revvy/Reloader2. Shouldn't need anything faster with a mech gun.

SpyderMan723
03-26-2008, 04:35 PM
Revvy/Reloader2. Shouldn't need anything faster with a mech gun.

I might actually get a reloader 2 because its sounds activated and it has the magnetic lid.

bigred76
03-26-2008, 04:40 PM
I'd actually personally prefer the Revvy. Sometimes the sound of the gun opening the breech isn't sufficient for the Reloader2 to feed, whereas the Revvy will feed simply because there is a ball missing in the stack.

SupaSnipa
03-26-2008, 05:09 PM
I'd actually personally prefer the Revvy. Sometimes the sound of the gun opening the breech isn't sufficient for the Reloader2 to feed, whereas the Revvy will feed simply because there is a ball missing in the stack.

I agree
I too like Empire loaders because of the sound activation but on this one I think you should go with the revvy

tumtum00
03-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Yea the sound acivation on my fasta worked good on my pilot, but on my ion it is so much quieter, it doesn't do anything when you shoot the gun, it still works fine cause it feeds when balls move throug the neck. most all sound activated hoppers are like this, but on that cocker it should feed great, but i like the revvy, it can't keep with most ramping modes, but with any mechanical gun, it would be great, and with electronic guns, as long as they don't ramp, it will keep with them too. There is a very cheap force feed vl but it is continuous agitator, so stay away from it. i have had it break paint in the hopper, and even push balls through my gun, with new detents.

xsvly-fat
03-26-2008, 07:29 PM
you should get a used halo, fasta, of jr. i just got a halo and i really like it but i think the jr is better, but if you dont want to buy it used the egg 3 is good

tumtum00
03-27-2008, 05:34 AM
i forgot to mention that the fasta has a 230 ball capacity.

Schecter1277
03-27-2008, 05:53 AM
i forgot to mention that the fasta has a 230 ball capacity.

Oh, and the neck breaks on it easier than the egg. No one who has gotten a fasta likes it. Who actually plays to any degree that would put any stress on the hopper. (such as aggressive play or anything more than sitting in the back bunker and shooting wildly, ignored until bunkered after everyone else is gone)

SpyderMan723
03-27-2008, 06:44 AM
you should get a used halo, fasta, of jr. i just got a halo and i really like it but i think the jr is better, but if you dont want to buy it used the egg 3 is good

... its a mech cocker, not an electric.

But I can see myself getting an overkill loader only because i could use it on another marker if i get another, faster one. But I kinda wanna save some dough to pick up a PS3

tumtum00
03-27-2008, 07:49 AM
Oh, and the neck breaks on it easier than the egg. No one who has gotten a fasta likes it. Who actually plays to any degree that would put any stress on the hopper. (such as aggressive play or anything more than sitting in the back bunker and shooting wildly, ignored until bunkered after everyone else is gone)

I play as hard as anybody, and never had the feedneck break, diving sliding, i have dropped it directly on the hopper before, and no problem, i think you need to quit posting negative stuff about my posts.

xsvly-fat
03-27-2008, 10:59 AM

wow i cant believe you would say that. have you ever used a fasta? i know alot of people who have owned just about every hopper and almost all of them say that the fasta is one of the best hoppers out there.

... its a mech cocker, not an electric.

But I can see myself getting an overkill loader only because i could use it on another marker if i get another, faster one. But I kinda wanna save some dough to pick up a PS3

oh lol my bad. The Reloader 2 is a pretty good hopper

tumtum00
03-27-2008, 11:30 AM
wow i cant believe you would say that. have you ever used a fasta? i know alot of people who have owned just about every hopper and almost all of them say that the fasta is one of the best hoppers out there.

oh lol my bad. The Reloader 2 is a pretty good hopper

this is exactly right, i have had halos and this hopper feed faster with less maintenance. and this guy always tries to bust my chops i think he looks for my posts and then sees what he can say negative towards them, but the fasta 18v is very fast, never had any problems with it on my ion, and it is going on a year now with it there. but on a mechanical gun i would never spend more than like 30 bucks for a revvy, that will keep up with the mechanical gun fine, but not so good for electronic. so go overboard if you will use it on an electronic in the future, and revvy if not.

xsvly-fat
03-27-2008, 11:35 AM
and this guy always tries to bust my chops i think he looks for my posts and then sees what he can say negative towards them, but the fasta 18v is very fast, never had any problems with it on my ion, and it is going on a year now with it there.

i agree with you. ive seen people use fastas on 07 borgs and other highend guns and they work fine

bigred76
03-27-2008, 11:36 AM
Hmm, sounds like what I said with a lot more words. ;)

Just get the Revvy for $25-35 shipped, and if you ever need a faster hopper, turn the *** around and get your money back and get another.

I personally won't ever use a Fasta. Why? I already have a VLocity with a chip, and that sucker feeds more than I'd ever need, so long as I remember to change the batteries. If I had to choose between the VLocity and Fasta again, I'd still choose the VLocity because I've grown fond of it's wedge shape. It makes it so much easier to snap shoot when I'm not worrying as much about the hopper getting a break like I would with a Halo, Pulse, or Fasta.

xxcarlosxx
03-28-2008, 10:20 AM
i say u get an eggy 3. it'll be only $60 and it'll keep up with your mech gun and if u ever decide to switch guns in the future to an electric 1 you'll have a hopper for that too.:D