PDA

View Full Version : quick question

interceptorMR2
03-26-2008, 02:21 PM
so, I posted a thread a while back about my battery problems for my MR2, and what i got out of that was that my battery was bad. but sometimes, rarely, but sometimes, I am able to turn on my mr2 for a moment. it only lasts a few seconds, then the light flashes and goes dead. Does this mean that my charger could be bad, or is it definetly the battery? Is there any way to get a replacement battery or charger FREE from kingman?

ViperX
03-26-2008, 04:00 PM
Could be a bad battery, but if it's fairly new...could be a bad battery charger or bad circuit on your board used to to aid in charging the battery.

If it's still under warranty after trying another rechargeable 9.6V battery, send it back to Kingman, there may be other issues.

Keep in mind a typical alkaline 9.0V battery often times will not work with this marker.

interceptorMR2
03-26-2008, 06:44 PM
okay well heres a bit more info, the thing that you plug the charger into the gun is loose when i push into it, is that bad? Sorry thats not too clear, the input to charge the battery on the back of the grip, the small piece where you insert the charger is loose.

PipeRain
03-26-2008, 08:32 PM
okay well heres a bit more info, the thing that you plug the charger into the gun is loose when i push into it, is that bad? Sorry thats not too clear, the input to charge the battery on the back of the grip, the small piece where you insert the charger is loose.

Sounds like your socket is loose on the board.

If you're good (very good) with a soldering iron, and you don't care if you void your warranty, you could possibly solder it back down. I'd send it in for warranty repair however, and I'm pretty good with a soldering iron.

bigred76
03-26-2008, 11:14 PM
:yeahthat: Call 'em up, get an RMA number, and send the sucker in. They'll fix it right up.

interceptorMR2
03-27-2008, 06:48 AM
allright cool, thanks guys. This kinda sux, ive only used my MR2 a few times just cause I haven't been able to get a job, and all i did was pick up my MR2 to show my friend the modes and stuff (hes a noob at this stuff and is amazed at anything automatic like I used to be) and the battery died. I charged it overnight then, and still nothing. So... yeah i think ill send it in, thanks for the help guys.

bigred76
03-27-2008, 12:21 PM
No problem, sorry it can't be an easy fix, but as PipeRain said, it isn't worth the risk to try to do it yourself. Been there many times for a former user here, did all of his electronic work (that boy and a soldering gun should NEVER be allowed in the same room as each other! :mad:) for him after he screwed it up. Some were fixable, some took a bit more. I'm not saying how much, but it wasn't worth it.

interceptorMR2
04-01-2008, 07:24 AM
okay well im back again, (SHOCKING I KNOW!) and i was just fiddling around with my mr2, trying to see if there was any way i could get the thing to work, so I charged it again. I pulled out the charger and turned it on, but nothing happened. so then i put the charger back in, turned on the gun, then pulled out the charger and my mr2 ran just fine for about 30 seconds and then died... so does this mean anything as of to what causes my problem? im not sure if this means the thing is loose if its getting power to it.

wickedlester
04-01-2008, 07:51 AM
sounds like to me that your batt is no good.will your mr2 stay on will it is plugged into your charger?if so,this proves my point.if not,then your charging circuit/board is no good

interceptorMR2
04-01-2008, 09:40 AM
well actually my mr2 has never worked when the charger is in, even when the mr2 still worked. If i turn on the gun, ( no light comes on in the charger) and then pull out the charger, i wait about 2 seconds, the light turns on, then it starts blinking and dies a few seconds later.

bigred76
04-01-2008, 09:43 AM
Charge it for 8hrs, and then try. If it doesn't work very well, the battery is a goner. To get a replacement, you can call Kingman and order one from them, or you can buy one from ActionVillage for about $13 plus shipping.

interceptorMR2
04-01-2008, 12:03 PM
i was thinkin about gettin the replacement, but then i picked up my gun to charge it right after you posted, and whadayaknow, the input thing was gone. i had nowhere to put the charger in. i took the grip off and sure enough, the thing came completely off, so im sending my mr2 back to xtremez.com to get it fixed.

bigred76
04-01-2008, 12:48 PM
That might be a problem... ;)

I didn't know Xtremez.com did warranty repair. Are they just going to send you a new gun instead?

interceptorMR2
04-01-2008, 02:45 PM
well i hope to god they do! that would be nice, but ill probably just end up being sent another one... if the warranty isn't void that is... otherwise i think i just lost 170 bucks, or ill have to convince my dad to try to solder the thing back on again...

interceptorMR2
04-02-2008, 11:10 AM
okay well i tried to get it soldered, no luck. i have had my mr2 longer that 90 days, so do i have to get a new board? I sent an email to kingman about it, and hopefully ill have a response soon

interceptorMR2
04-04-2008, 09:47 PM
hello? if i have to get a new board, does anyone know where i can get a replacement board for my mr2 other than kingman? i already sent an email to them, hopefully ill have one by tomorrow, (3-5 days)

bigred76
04-04-2008, 10:08 PM
Sorry, I musta missed your posts somehow! A replacement board isn't cheap... Really, they aren't. Your best luck'd be an aftermarket board with how much they'd charge for an OEM (stock) board. Lemme look around, give me 30min, and I'll edit this post with a couple o' links to both the cheapest stock and aftermarket boards I find.

EDIT: Ok, couldn't find an OEM board in my quick search, but I did find that ActionVillage does carry the upgrade boards that are out for Spyders at MAP (minimum advertised price). Here's the link for that. (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=InChgXFPCfygtja4ONdhKXuGHEP-iUXPGEI=?CategoryName=paintball-gun-parts-and-upgrades-spyder-gun-upgrades-spyder-electronics)

longbal30
04-05-2008, 05:07 AM
dude, if you would have sent this thing back to kingman when you started this post, you wold have recieved it back by now and been playing some pball. whats your deal. just call kingman (emails take too long) get a return # and your done.

slim and shady
04-05-2008, 06:11 AM
First I think he already said its off warrenty, the reason he was going to Kingman was in hope of them fixing the product for free. I do agree emails take to long but sometimes you have no choice when you have to go to work before there business hours start and dont get home till they are closed.

Personaly Intercepter i would just get an upgraded board, I bought the Virtue board and i love it. The possibilities with this board and a good hopper are endless. If you have to buy a new board anyway why not upgrade? Maby you will like the new board as much as the Apex i refured you to! IDK just an idea.

interceptorMR2
04-05-2008, 07:26 AM
hey longbal, no offense, but you need to read through the posts before you post yourself. Plus, sadly, I don't even have the money for a new board yet, but I'm close. Im only 15, and my parents wont allow me to get a job until summer comes around because im too busy with lacrosse. I wish i had money for paint and refilled air and a new board right now :(

well no i didnt expect kingman to fix it for free now that i see that my board has basically no way of working. yeah the warranty is void and my dad tried soldering the charger input back on, but with no luck.

ive been thinkin about getting a virtue, ive heard great things about them, and who knows, maybe it will end up like the apex! either ill get a virtue or scenario dreams board, im not quite sure yet.

dynastykiller08
04-05-2008, 07:27 AM
well what slim said is this best way to go....BUT by chance if you cant afford a board right now i will be willing to part with mine i have a mr2 w/eye that i swapped out the board(never used) i put in a tadao so have no need for my stock one so i dont know if thats the route you wanna go but the offers on the table lmk

slim and shady
04-05-2008, 07:30 AM
The Virtue is alot more customizable(SP???) this board is awsome i dont know why I didnt get it earlier. its good to that if you decide to get the MR2 with eye some day you can put this board in there and have eyes too. But of corse you dont have to use eyes.
I thought about sending you the stock board out of my MRy with eye but i think I would like to keep it incase I have trouble with my new board in the future i can throw that one in a nd still have eyes.

hope that it all goes good and you get it sorted out anyway. But for what its worth my vote goes to the Virtue.

interceptorMR2
04-05-2008, 07:38 AM
great, i think ill go with the virtue. oh and i have no plans of getting the MR2 with eyes yet, i have pretty much zero interest in it, i probably wont go that way til im out of highschool. My dad "monitors" the things i spend my money on and he probably wouldn't let me get it anyways because he sees it as BASICALLY the same gun i have right now :( but thats okay, he doesn't understand paintball anyways

DFSniper
04-05-2008, 07:43 AM
used boards are $10 in b/s/t, thats where i got mine. tech steve is selling those lucky boards for $45 w/eyes, so if you're on a budget, you could pick up one of those.

slim and shady
04-05-2008, 07:54 AM
if dynasty wants to sell his cheep thats a good board to i would do that out of curiosity dynasty how much did you want for it?
(Im not tryin to scoop it on you Intercepter just wondering)

interceptorMR2
04-05-2008, 07:57 AM
nah no worries, ive only got 20 bucks right now so if you beat me to it, OH WELL, i guess i have to go for the virtue board... poor me :(

dynastykiller08
04-05-2008, 08:25 AM
cheap as it is no use to me if something goes wrong i will most likely get my tadao replaced so this board will most likely never see my gun again...that being said 20 shipped works i can go lower if your really short on cash just pm me

interceptorMR2
04-05-2008, 08:44 AM
hmm..... 20 shipped and it is for mr2? ill hafta consider this... cuz i have exactly 20.......

slim and shady
04-05-2008, 11:27 AM
If it were me in your situation there wouldnt be much to concider! thats crazy cheep.

slim and shady
04-05-2008, 11:30 AM
ohhh if i remember right you have to drill one extra hole on the back of your trigger fram for the eye button or else it wont fit the screw holes to hold the board inside the grip. But it is reall easy to drill the hole. I dont know if that would change your mind or not just thought you might wanna know

interceptorMR2
04-05-2008, 11:36 AM
pm'd you s&s

slim and shady
04-05-2008, 11:37 AM
yeah should have read that first sorry!