PDA

View Full Version : Distance...

xxcarlosxx
03-26-2008, 01:04 PM
wat upgrades can i get for my pilot to make it shoot longer distances? cuz wen i play the ball just curves down... i was thinking about this spring (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=XpoFYdbGTNAEa5Es-HfFydwSTFgMfTt9qKc=?ProductID=X8OsFAY7lg4AAAD3seal A_2s) but if u guys had any ideas that would b great. thnxs

Dj_Blizunt
03-26-2008, 01:33 PM
I wanna do the same thing man, unfortunately paintball guns only shoot so far. I don't think a spring will do it for ya. As for your shots curving down, check your velocity adjustment, its the knob on the back of the gun. Although its pretty obvious when its too high, cause your shots will whip in different directions, my velocity knob is a little more than half way in and I shoot about 60 feet with decent accuracy with the stock barrel. Some people say that different bolts will help accuracy and distance, from what I've seen its not too much of a difference.

bigred76
03-26-2008, 03:07 PM
:yeahthat: Only way to increase distance really is to tilt the gun upwards at a 45* angle.

tumtum00
03-26-2008, 04:00 PM
I have had a little luck with the alamo city low blow bolt, and with my other pilot i cut out the part from the hole in the bolt that the air comes through all the way to the end of the bolt and got the same result. but it only gives you about 10 or 15 feet at most. trial and error is about the only way to go about it, or angle the gun up like bigred said, that is what i do, lol

vikingshadow
03-26-2008, 04:53 PM
Flatline or the Apex will make the ball go further, by giving the ball a reverse spin causing the ball to "rise" rather than fall. Other than that, the only way to do it is to up the velocity, which is against field rules (most places) and dangerous if you get above 300 fps.

Physics dictates that at 300 fps, in common conditions, ie weather, humidity, wind, etc, with a normal barrel, all paint will travel approximately the same distance.

Short version - if you want to shoot further, aim higher.

tumtum00
03-26-2008, 05:26 PM
well i have tried the apex barrels and work good, not like a flatline on a tippy 98, but you can get more distance but when it comes out of it is has such a down force on back of ball it goes down then rises, it is hard to be accurate unless you are playing the spray and pray rule, but adjusted right you can shoot around corners over bunkers, etc.

xxcarlosxx
03-27-2008, 12:17 PM
well... i already knew that i had to tilt it a little to go farther, lol and ya i was shooting at about 300 fps maybe a few fps more but w/e i couldnt do anything about it cuz my frend stripped my allen key. i dont really wanna buy more upgrades for it cuz im a recreational player so i was serching for cheap alternatives like that spring:D but w/e thnxs anyways!

oh and i dont think they make flatline barrels for spyders...

tumtum00
03-27-2008, 12:36 PM
well... i already knew that i had to tilt it a little to go farther, lol and ya i was shooting at about 300 fps maybe a few fps more but w/e i couldnt do anything about it cuz my frend stripped my allen key. i dont really wanna buy more upgrades for it cuz im a recreational player so i was serching for cheap alternatives like that spring:D but w/e thnxs anyways!

oh and i dont think they make flatline barrels for spyders...

yea just the apex barrel, but like i said before cutting the notch in the bolt all the way through the end of the bolt helped me out, one other thing is make sure you are using paint that fits barrel, if not you can have some issues with too big bore size.

xxcarlosxx
03-27-2008, 05:08 PM
i dont wanna accidentally break the bolt trying this so w/e ill keep it lik this thnxs!

tumtum00
03-27-2008, 06:59 PM
yea i don't blame you that is a good idea, i only tried it cause i had like 4 acs bolts if i screwed on up i had some back ups

Kenny_McCormic
03-28-2008, 03:09 PM
Flatlined 98s are awesome, given they suck gas like a hummer and are crazy long but throwing a rope of paint and watching it float to the target is the COOLEST thing I have ever seen in paintball.

An APEX will make you pilot do the same thing but its gonna be loud and not shoot too good unless you upgrade the stock apex barrel with a lapco.

xxcarlosxx
03-28-2008, 04:10 PM
f*** it that would b too expensive, im just gonna keep it how it is... ill just keep my j & J and tilt it upwards