PDA

View Full Version : Fasor?

king-man
03-25-2008, 06:36 PM
what happened to this system, ive never seen one but they look to be alot better than blow back systems, where they not good, what?

Muddytaco
03-25-2008, 06:40 PM
The Dangerous power fusion and Infinity legend both use this system.

DFSniper
03-25-2008, 06:55 PM
you can get Odyssey O2s and Dragun T1s (rarely) on ebay for $100+. Rex brought back the Odyssey/Dragun line with their R series, and they have one that looks exactly like the O2/T1 for $250.

king-man
03-25-2008, 06:57 PM
why did spyder stop using it, ive heard fusinons arent bad guns

DFSniper
03-25-2008, 07:01 PM
there never was a FASOR spyder. the closest were the EP EM1 and Nexion. all of kingman's other guns were pumps or STBBs.

king-man
03-25-2008, 07:05 PM
arent EM1's spyders ???, im not good on my Kingman spyder history
also STBB??

Ace24
03-25-2008, 07:07 PM
I built my F.A.S.O.R. for close to $300... I love it. I paid too much, but I love it.

bigred76
03-25-2008, 07:36 PM
As far as I know, the EM1 was produced under the Spyder brand name.

The One (T1) was a Spyder knock-off body with a FASOR design. There are kits out of there based off that legendary marker, known as "T-1 kits." ZIP kits were based off those, and were essentially drop-in FASOR kits for Spyders and clones. A little different than T-1 kits, but not that much different.

They're still out there. but with fully EP guns easily bought out there for cheap, they were almost useless.

Ace24
03-25-2008, 07:46 PM
And, you bought my Zip kit haha.

bigred76
03-25-2008, 08:30 PM
Of course! With one of my projects coming to a close, I need another to take its place!

vikingshadow
03-26-2008, 03:43 AM
I loved my T1s when I had them. My first one cost 300.00, but that was when they first came out - shortly before the company went under. They aren't that bad at all. I always thought that the T1 was the first groundbreaking, low priced, mid level gun although many people who had never even shot one liked to talk crap about them - but then SP came out with the Ion, shortly after that and EP took over that section of the market (and the crap talk) for awhile.

I thought the Promaster was a FASOR?

Ace24
03-26-2008, 03:49 AM
I thought the Promaster was a FASOR?
Thats what I said. It's a cheaper version of a DP Fusion or a Infinity Legend. PITA to work on, being it's ICD.

People that shoot my T-1 love it. They still call it a Spimmy at the field though. That sort of pisses me off... My gun is more origional then a conventional Spimmy... :(

Oh well. Can't expect 12 yr olds to know everything about paintball. They think DM3's are old...

bigred76
03-26-2008, 08:46 AM
:yeahthat: Except... not entirely. Just because it's ICD doesn't mean it isn't easy to work on. I mean, the ram housing itself is one part of it, and is completely encapsulated. Undo a few screws, and you can take the whole thing out to trouble-shoot it WITH AIR from every angle. You just can't do that with most markers!

I never had a real problem with mine when I had it (one of the first batch, heh) except for a severe ram housing issue that was weird (somehow the ram housing wasn't lined up right, and back then I decided to hell with it and just traded it off).

You think that's bad, Ted... wait until the Shunut Spimmy hits the fields around here. :( Even my local shop owner couldn't figure out wtf it was!

king-man
03-26-2008, 01:20 PM
wel heres another question why did they start calling all kingman guns spyders?

Ace24
03-26-2008, 01:42 PM
Kingman's Spyder line was more popular and more affordable then the Raven line.

DFSniper
03-26-2008, 02:59 PM
You think that's bad, Ted... wait until the Shunut Spimmy hits the fields around here. :( Even my local shop owner couldn't figure out wtf it was!

haha, first time i went to the field, the refs we were playing against asked about my reg, and when i explained it was a BL Torp., they said, "so is that a spimmy??" it kind of saddened me though that the lady that owns the field and both the refs that were there admitted that they know nothing about spyders, not like i needed any :D. my internals flew out and when they came over to see what was going on, i simply told them that my internals came out and i had to put them back in, and they looked at the jumble of parts and said they couldn't help because they didn't know anything about spyders.

deano 177
03-27-2008, 07:37 AM
STBB??stacked tube blow back