PDA

View Full Version : chopping

bhsdude
03-25-2008, 01:13 PM
my mr2 has serious issues it is chopping constantly and i have tried everything i know to fix it:mad:

slim and shady
03-25-2008, 03:52 PM
what all have you tried?
Here is a few likly causes

-Is your bolt broke in? If not thats a good reason
-What detents do you use and what condition are they in? If they are sheared of or in poor condition your marker may be double feeding.
-What hopper do you use? MR2 work best with a good forcefed hoper to overcome the blowback. The hopper also should be able to feed at LEAST 15 BPS to reach some the markers potential.
-What paint are you using? If the paint is old or brittel its more prone to break
-What is the temperature when you are playing, if its cold are you using winter paint? If its cold and your not using winter paint that could be your problem, shoot us a few more details and maby we can help you. Never hurts to try the search catagory either.

bhsdude
03-26-2008, 02:22 PM
i have used my gun in two games and shot it several times, i am going to buy timmy detents but i cant find where they go, my hopper is a fasta 18v lcd that shoots 30 bps, and my paint is good

slim and shady
03-26-2008, 03:50 PM
did you break in the bolt?

bhsdude
03-26-2008, 03:57 PM
im doing that right now, how long should i keep the spring fully compressed

ViperX
03-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Are you getting double feeds? More than one ball leaving the marker as you fire? That would be a strong indication of a bad detent, which is located underneath the feedneck which will need to be removed. It's a flat rubber looking pad with a rubber nubby that is located where the 4th screw should appear to be on the feedneck.

Sounds like you have a decent hopper, I'd investigate/replace the detent first, if it's not working correctly and the balls aren't settling correctly and halfway into the breech when you fire it's going to chop.

Given the fact you don't know where the detents go....I can assume you have the stock detent which in most cases has been less than desirable and a big source of problems for many MR2 owners.

Goodluck and let us know what you came up with.

PipeRain
03-26-2008, 08:28 PM
In my experience (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=15947) you will need a force-fed hopper for that gun to run very fast. My 18V Fasta can't keep up after about the third ball or so...