PDA

View Full Version : Old school player

Dj_Blizunt
03-24-2008, 01:26 PM
I got a pilot acs, I'm just getting back into paint ball, I used to play a whole lot about 6 years ago. I've never owned an electronic marker. I'm lookin to up the consistency of the velocity of my shots, and overall performance, I'm currently using co2. I was chopping a lot of balls even with the acs bolt which pissed me off. I'm not trying to shoot super fast, but I was breaking a lot of paint. Also I hate the trigger on this thing it almost shoots itself, please help. I'm lookin for some upgrades fellas, Thanks

Pilot
Freak front
16 "All american back
Trinity grips
Trinity feedneck Clamp
Halo B

bigred76
03-24-2008, 01:45 PM
Welcome to the Spyder Forums, and back to paintball!

To get more consistency, you'll need a regulator, and that's where it starts to get fun... To use a regulator, you'll need to use macroline, as that's in the industry standard threading. The Spyder uses metric, but the regulator will use NPT (both 1/8" or equivalent). You'll need either an adapter for that with the stock bottom line if you wish to keep that, or a new ASA with an adapter to use the offset holes that the Spyder has. If you wish to go the stock bottomline route, which would be cheaper, then I'd sugest PM'ing HobbyHorse either here or on PBN and asking for a macroline set-up for a Spyder with a regulator, and he'll hook you up good.

As for the trigger... It should be using a 250g microswitch unless it's been modded, which SHOULDN'T by any means feel like it's shooting itself. Adjust the trigger out a little farther and increase the spring return tension to fix that.

Looks like you pretty much have it all set up except for those! If you seriously want to trick out your Spyder, or want to look up what an upgrade does, check out the URT thread link in my signature. That'll help you a bunch. If you have any questions it does not answer, feel free to ask them!

Hossy
03-24-2008, 01:47 PM
Welcome to the forums! Bigred covered alot, but another good read is the Ultimate Resource Thread link underneath this post, in my sig.

Goodluck with getting back into paintball!

Sandman_Bravo
03-24-2008, 04:16 PM
Yes, welcome back!

DFSniper
03-24-2008, 06:20 PM
wow, you're chopping on a halo w/ a stock esp board?? the only thing i can think of was that the weather was cold outside. what were your velocity fluctuations?

Hossy
03-24-2008, 06:26 PM
wow, you're chopping on a halo w/ a stock esp board?? the only thing i can think of was that the weather was cold outside. what were your velocity fluctuations?

He may have not broken in the bolt though, as well as idk about the paint quality or how old it was.

Dj_Blizunt
03-25-2008, 01:55 PM
Thanks for the responses guys, I know all these upgrade threads are repetitive. I know this sounds redundant, but has anyone put a mechanical trigger on their pilot? I may just have to get another gun for my woods ball games. How do I adjust the trigger spring tension on my gun, I know how to move the actual trigger. Has anyone used the mag triggers they sond pretty cool. As for the regulator I'm down to do some work, I want to make the gun unique so I'll check it out, Thanks people

Oh yea when I was chopping all those balls it was 20 degrees out but I was using very good paint, and I haven't been able to play again yet, but I'm excited to check it out in 60 degree weather.