PDA

View Full Version : rocking trigger

pbears1130
03-23-2008, 09:57 PM
I know this is talked about in almost thread but I figured I would get it all in one place, so here goes:

I am thinking about getting the rocking trigger for my mr1. Right now I mainly play woodsball, but occasionally play speedball. I am wondering what people think of the rocking trigger and if its worth the $50?

bigred76
03-23-2008, 11:32 PM
Welcome to the forums! It seems you've already browsed a bit, so you have seen what it's like here, I don't need to waste my breath telling you. :)

I personally am not a fan of the rocking trigger, so I'll try to be as objective as possible on it. Pretty much the trigger is for those who don't naturally have the ability to walk the trigger and achieve higher ROF's than they would with a conventional trigger. It offers the standard array of modes on a stock board: semi-auto, burst, and fully automatic. The ROF cap for the semi-auto mode is 30bps, and the other two are capped at the usual 14bps for Spyders.

Is it worth the $50? That depends on you, but I think so. They're great frames if you don't like conventional frames, and will allow you to keep up in a speedball game. As for woodsball, the higher ROF's you'll be able to achieve will help out as well. The balls being closer to each other in the stream of fire helps ensure that you will prevail in a firefight.

Hope that helps!

irishwarrior
03-24-2008, 11:58 AM
I have one on my MR1 and it works great for woodsball. Even on semi it lays down some considerable suppressive fire. Just be careful, you might want to practice using the trigger before you start. It uses magnetism to shoot so the contact points sans adjustment are very sensitive to even the slightest touch and may go off accidentally. So practice keeping your finger on the side of the trigger guard and away from the trigger when not shooting, trust me, I accidentally shot my buddy in the inner thigh just centimeters from his jewels from a range of about an inch.

bigred76
03-24-2008, 12:11 PM
Haha! When you hit electros, that happens. I remember one time with my first Cyborg I took it up to play at VS3-Woodsballer's field that he was at at the time, and a girl asked to use my gun for a game. I said sure, I could use a break, turned off the gun, and handed it over. She turned it on and immediately almost shot VS3-Woodsballer, LOL! Those triggers are so temperamental, she just touched the side of it and it went off! Moral of the story, don't give a female an electronic gun with a good, sensitive trigger.... she WILL try to shoot you! :eek:

xsvly-fat
03-24-2008, 02:37 PM
^lol

lunchbox
03-25-2008, 07:02 AM
I would look into new springs and a delrin bolt... I put a response trigger on my MR1 with stock insides and chopped about 1 in 20-30 because the trigger almost forces you to constantly rapid fire(its like an addiction) and the stock gun just won't keep up... once you break a ball accuracy is gone.