PDA

View Full Version : I Hate My Vs3 If U Have Any Suggestions Post Here

pb_king
03-23-2008, 08:41 PM
I Never Works Right Even After Being Serviced By Spyder Hq In Baldwin Park

I'm Even Gonna Sell It Soon Cause I Got A Pmr

Any Suggestions To Fix Post Here Before Nppl Hb

03-23-2008, 08:56 PM
do you know how to take it apart yourself?
if not learn how to
and read the stickies they have a lot of useful information

pb_king
03-23-2008, 09:03 PM
Yeah Been There Done That And Why Would A Gun Just Teched From Spyder Not Work They Even Gave Me New One Then That Doesnt Work Now

1Blyth1
03-23-2008, 09:05 PM
Just a question....why do yuo put a capital in front of every word you type?

pb_king
03-23-2008, 09:12 PM
i dont know it was supposed to be all capital

shunut
03-23-2008, 09:13 PM
If you want any help from the members here, you are going to have to be more specific about your problems.

As for the first letter being capital in each word. We have a filter that does not allow all capital letters. It is not proper Internet etiquette, its actually considered rude.

pb_king
03-23-2008, 09:15 PM
no it doesnt

shunut
03-23-2008, 09:17 PM
No, what doesn't?

pb_king
03-23-2008, 09:19 PM
ok the problems are that when i try it at chrono it doesnt work at all it just release tthe air that would normally be used then cant even try to fire again im just tried of it doing it so im gonna sell it and hopefuly it will work soon but if i get it to work before nppl hb i wont sell it so i need help pease

bigred76
03-23-2008, 09:26 PM
Turn up the regulator? :confused:

I don't know quite what you are trying to get across, could you give a more detailed description of what exactly happens? If it makes a noise, what noise? If it moves, what moves? That sorta thing... :)

shunut
03-23-2008, 09:26 PM
Slow down man, lets discuss one thing, your problem.

You go to chrono it, and it doesn't work. It just shoots air no paintballs come out? Thats what I'm getting from what you are saying.

pb_king
03-23-2008, 09:32 PM
yeah exactly but it shoots air but no paint when on another marker the hoppper works fine

sometimes it just drops and chops the balls and the velocity and pressure are fine so i think it is just a crappy gun

bigred76
03-23-2008, 09:39 PM
If that's your opinion, you can guess what the marker's opinion of you is... ;) Relax, pop a squat.

So, we have a gun that is firing fine with air, and has chops.... Sounds like it needs a recharge for it's battery and the hopper needs to be turned on. It might also be the eyes, are they clean? If you chopped, it could be in one of three cases: the eyes were off, the eyes were on but the marker was forced to fire, or the eyes were on but they're dirty and paint's covering them making the marker "see" a ball in the breech. Clean off the eyes, and make sure they're on.

What hopper are you using on it? If it's a gravity fed hopper (shake 'n bake), then it might just be jamming up with the paint, and that itself isn't feeding. Nothing you can do about that except not fill it all the way and shake the living hell out of it when it isn't feeding.

Shunut, you should be in bed... :nunu: Go on off, I got this one! :)

pb_king
03-23-2008, 09:45 PM
the thing is brand new and recently teched from spyder why doesnt it work right its just been teched and a brand new gun shouldnt break so i doesnt even fire sometimes with air

the battery in gun is always fully chargeeed

hopper batts are replaced evrytime after use

eyes are clean

shunut
03-23-2008, 09:48 PM
What type of loader are you using?

What mode do you have the marker in?

Are you using Compressed Air or co2?

What type of paint are you using?

And Tim, how do you know I'm not in bed?

bigred76
03-23-2008, 09:52 PM
Eyes are on? ;)

Honestly, I don't think you want to get this marker fixed, you're just here to bash on Spyders. If you have done everything you say you have done, then there is no reason other than owner-error to account for. In which case, it is no longer the marker's fault, it is your own.

Relube the marker COMPLETELY including the regulator, following the manual, and set it into the default settings listed per the manual. Set the velocity adjuster flush with the back of the marker, and set the regulator pressure to 250psi.

DisIsMyUsername
03-23-2008, 10:26 PM
sell to me thnx

:)

VS2 King
03-24-2008, 05:50 AM
It Sounds To Me That You Need To Break In The Regulator. All Vs2 And Vs3 Have To Do This. With The Balls Not Coming Out. Maybe The Hopper Isnt On?:confused: Idk But Like You Said If It Was Teched By Kingman There Shouldnt Be Anything Wrong Unless Its You That Is Doing Something Wrong.

SpyderMan723
03-24-2008, 05:51 AM
Idk how VS internals are setup, but are the bolt/striker connected? If they aren't then the striker is probably just hitting the valve and not moving the bolt because they arent in sync

SUNNYboi
03-24-2008, 10:00 AM
It Sounds To Me That You Need To Break In The Regulator. All Vs2 And Vs3 Have To Do This. With The Balls Not Coming Out. Maybe The Hopper Isnt On?:confused: Idk But Like You Said If It Was Teched By Kingman There Shouldnt Be Anything Wrong Unless Its You That Is Doing Something Wrong.

How do you break it in? My VS3 is coming in tomorrow and I want to take really good care of it. :)

VS3 Sniper
03-24-2008, 10:15 AM
Honestly, I don't think you want to get this marker fixed, you're just here to bash on Spyders. If you have done everything you say you have done, then there is no reason other than owner-error to account for. In which case, it is no longer the marker's fault, it is your own.

My thoughts excatly tim.

pb_king
03-24-2008, 10:21 AM

ok well the hoppers on and even the first vs3 i had before they gaev me an new one didnt work.

HOPPER IS ON

all i do is screw in barrrel attach hopper fil hopper turn on hopper attach barrel condom the attach tank turn reg on in that order and when i turn it on at chroo it is in semi auto mode with eyes on so i think there's a problem with the parts that are being raplced in the marker

and to bigred76 im not here to bash on spyders just to get mine fixed so i can sell it without the next person having many problems

pb_king
03-24-2008, 10:32 AM
bolt moves but paint just clogs in barrel or rolls out when it never works

king-man
03-24-2008, 10:50 AM
Do you live near where you get it serviced? If you do, go in there and ask them to test it and if it works for them obviuisly somethin of yours is wrong, if it doesn't for them they'll fix it, my vs3 reg kept chopping orings so I sent off the reg and they re built wha was wrong it still works to this day, are your frame screws on tight enough

bigred76
03-24-2008, 10:50 AM
What PSI is your regulator set to? Too low of a pressure (it needs 250psi) will cause it to do that. Also, screw in the velocity screw some more. It also might be the paint to bore match, with you having ginormous balls trying to go through that barrel.

To SunnyBoi:
Pretty much all you do is use it. After about a case, case and a half, the regulator will start being more consistent. It's a gradual change, so you won't notice it right away, but after about a quarter to half year of use (depending on how often you use it), you will be shocked when you compare to the numbers you were getting when you first chrono'd. :)

pb_king
03-24-2008, 11:39 AM
yeah i live like 2 miles and they fix show me it works and test it in front of me then i take it home put in bag and when i go to chrono at field after charging the battery it doesnt work

pb_king
03-24-2008, 11:39 AM
yeah around 250 psi

king-man
03-24-2008, 12:09 PM
do they test it withtheir stuff or yours?

bigred76
03-24-2008, 12:17 PM
What paint? Do they shoot the marker at Kingman using their paint, or do they only dry-fire it?

You're lucky to live so close to them... If I lived that close, I'd try to get a job there, LOL!

Tech Steve
03-24-2008, 12:24 PM
if they test it and show you that it works, it might be something your doing or using... they test with spyder paint, using halo's and fasta's, and using compressed air...

SUNNYboi
03-24-2008, 12:29 PM
To SunnyBoi:
Pretty much all you do is use it. After about a case, case and a half, the regulator will start being more consistent. It's a gradual change, so you won't notice it right away, but after about a quarter to half year of use (depending on how often you use it), you will be shocked when you compare to the numbers you were getting when you first chrono'd. :)

Thanks for the info :waytogo:

bigred76
03-24-2008, 12:44 PM
they test with spyder paint, using halo's and fasta's, and using compressed air...

Ok, I was thinking that, I'm just making sure in this case it was that. My bet is that the user (pb_king) is using bad paint (most likely too large of a bore size), CO2, and a Revvy or the like. Something he is using is not up to par, otherwise this would not be happening.

NP, SunnyBoi... ;)

shunut
03-24-2008, 01:45 PM
I'm not trying to be mean or anything but if this is your second VS3, neither worked and both have the same problem, I'd have to say its something you are doing, or not doing.

Take your entire setup down to your local paintball shop. Tell them you can't get it to work and have them set it up with your stuff. Make sure they put paint or reball through it so you know indeed that it does work.

pb_king
03-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Ok, I was thinking that, I'm just making sure in this case it was that. My bet is that the user (pb_king) is using bad paint (most likely too large of a bore size), CO2, and a Revvy or the like. Something he is using is not up to par, otherwise this would not be happening.

NP, SunnyBoi... ;)

OK BIGRED76

YOU WENT TO FAR IM NOT THAT STUPID TO USE CO2 ONA MACROLINE HOSE
AND I USE HALO WITH V35 BOARD AND MARBELZIERS

I HAVE BEEN PLAYIN FOR LIKE 2-3 YEARS

bigred76
03-24-2008, 06:01 PM
If you don't tell me what it is (I believe I asked 2 or 3 times), then I can assume that you don't know and make my own speculations. ;)

And btw, what would CO2 do to a 9,000psi rated macroline? :confused: I've never had an issue with it at all... and I've been using macro with CO2 for YEARS.

Thanks for letting me know that you're using HPA and a Halo w/ V35 and Marbs. That helps me to rule out the paintballs being too large for the marker. Up the regulator to 300psi, and screw in the velocity screw some more.

shunut
03-24-2008, 06:09 PM
Did you yourself do anything to the marker? Take it apart at all?

I had a similar problem with my Shutter, turned out the bolt was upside down.

dmurray074
03-24-2008, 06:41 PM
You said the balls are rolling out the barrel??? Do you have detents?:confused:

Your not being very clear and everyone is trying to help you just tell everybody your setup and exactly what is happening (in detail) then, and only then somebody might be able to help you.

bigred76
03-24-2008, 06:47 PM
Thanks Murray, glad to know that I'm not going crazy thinking I asked something I didn't! :silly:

sciphan
03-25-2008, 10:30 PM
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=15487

Read this post. many vs2's and vs3's have an issue with the detent grooves on the bolt not being milled properly. This can cause all sorts of headaches and unfortunately it is a difficult problem to diagnose unless you know what you are looking for.