PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Controller on BF2

Paradox313
03-23-2008, 03:57 PM
I downloaded this program that allows me to use my PS3 controller as a game pad on computer games. I'm trying to play BF2, and I have all of the controls, but the looking button (Right joystick, which would be the mouse in BF2), I can't quite figure out this dilemma.

Yes I understand it's easier to play with the mouse, but I think I'll like playing with the PS3 controller for a bit.

I assume that this would work for a 360 controller as well.

EDIT:
Nevermind I got the problem all solved. If you want some help on doing this (Gaming system controller to PC) PM me and I'll help you out.

Mods feel free to close or delete if you want.

TheRedBarron
03-23-2008, 07:03 PM
Discuss?

bigred76
03-23-2008, 09:33 PM
Wireless XBox360 controller working with Halo (first one) on my laptop... Got a fix?

Paradox313
03-24-2008, 11:31 AM
What's wrong with it?

First you need the USB Charger to hook into your laptop.

bigred76
03-24-2008, 11:38 AM
Done, already installed the drivers via the automatic driver checker on Windows. It only charges it, it won't connect it.

Paradox313
03-24-2008, 11:50 AM
I can only assume that it MIGHT work, but I'm not too sure. I thought it was Plug-in and Play, but I had to download some programs to use my PS3 controller.

Check out various links in Google
http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&q=360+Controller+to+PC&btnG=Google+Search

Hopefully that should work. If it does, reconfigure the controls in Halo to what you want on the 360 controller.
Go into a quick game or something and test out the controls.

Then, if you can't use the analogue sticks as the "Look" in Halo, download this:
http://www.tucows.com/preview/292788

Then under the "Profiles" tab look for the "Theme" Selection, click it then go to mouse movement.
Configure all of the "Button Combination" to "None" this is going to give you the Zero point to configure the joystick.

Click "Button Combination" and go down the list to the "Axis"
Select an axis, and then under "Action", select an action. It'll take around 3 minutes or so to find the right actions for which analogue you want.

Basically it's going to configure the analogue stick to a mouse, and it's going to be the "View" in the games.

Don't worry though, you can still use the regular mouse.

I've been playing BF2 for a while now using the controller.
It's super fun at close range, but it's hard to dial in on the long range. So Sniping is now out of the question.

bigred76
03-24-2008, 12:14 PM
The problem is this... I've tried all of the obvious ones, even tried a program in French (God damn, don't EVER install something in French, I was going back and forth with my translator, and typing in the words I saw in the installer (couldn't copy and paste... ****in' dumbass Windows!), and half-assed read it and installed it. Didn't work, as well as all the regular English ones from Microsoft for one reason or another. I'll try that out and check it out later on today.