View Full Version : What do i need to install this...

03-21-2008, 08:20 AM
ok I ahven't been on these forums for quite some time now. I just recently purchased a vs2 and am looking to upgrade the regulator. I want to put this on it http://store.customproducts.us/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=22&categoryID=4.

So my question is what will I need to install this on my stock Spyder Vs2. I have been hearing you need a new asa and all that stuff but I don't know exactly what you need. So can someone just tell me exactly what I need to install this on my gun.


03-21-2008, 09:12 AM
What you are considering buying is called a CP shorty.
If you are using HPA id suggest getting macro fittings and getting a new ASA.
IF you are using C02 you will still need a new asa, but id suggest using the steel braided hose

03-21-2008, 09:24 AM
I will be using HPA.
So what your saying I will need is an ASA, new Macro fittings, and Macro line?

03-21-2008, 09:50 AM
And a new fitting for the front block. The stock front block uses backasswards "proprietary" threading, and you'll need to get something like this (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=011-269-0110) to make it for the correct threads.

If you get a new regulator, then the stock ASA/reg might have enough obstructions when not used as a regulator to restrict the flow to the new regulator, thus starving your marker and killing recharge rates at high ROF's. Macroline is merely a preference choice, but keep in mind that you will need to get a new hose anyways (the threading for the stock hose is metric and the threading for everything else is NPT). HobbyHorse here and on PBNation can hook you up with a good deal on some macro, I believe it was like $12 or something for a complete kit after his flat rate shipping. Here's a link to his website (www.macrolineguy.com).

03-21-2008, 10:15 AM
Thanks for all the replies guys. I have a good idea of what I need now and am gonna go ahead and prucahse the Reg and all the above said stuff. If I need any help putting any of this stuff on I will be sure to ask you guys.

03-22-2008, 09:10 AM
you could also consider a front block like this one here (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=k3E2PWVs01Q2MCKJrnb2lW-4gbM_IVGwCNA=?ProductID=LW3AqArbeR0AAAEOe8o0w78d), i like the fornt block my self but if you go with that id suggest a a long cp reg

Tech Steve
03-24-2008, 12:37 PM
you need to either use a reg adapter for the stock vertical adapter or purchase a new vertical adapter (make sure it's made for the vs markers)...