PDA

View Full Version : I love my spyder

xtraking
03-20-2008, 12:43 PM
Hey guys,
Haven't been on here in ages. How's everybody?

Anyways, I haven't played paintball in about 3 years. I sold my cocker about 2 and a half years ago, leaving me with my imagine, xtra, and hammer. Well I suggested to my friend that we play over easter break. To make sure i wouldnt be embarrassed, I had to make sure I had everything and make sure everything worked haha.
So I just got into my stash of gear, pulled out a tank, swapped the mech trigger to imagine, got some old ass paintballs and gave it a few shots.

Worked beautifuly. Not one chop, no jam, and my old ceramic barrel still makes it pretty quiet for a blowback. Even after 3 years of dust and old, crusty, exploded paint :rolleyes:

So i guess it means that Im takin my mech spyder out to the field next saturday! Wish me luck.

Dave

DFSniper
03-20-2008, 12:59 PM
i did a double take on the name!! glad you're back. im going to the field with my imagine, victor, and hammer this weekend, kinda ironic. i havent played much either (about 5 times in the past 4 years), but it feels great getting back into the game!

TheDarkShadow
03-20-2008, 01:02 PM
glad to hear your getting back in the game, I should be playing next week end

xtraking
03-20-2008, 01:02 PM
Hey bud! Haha I can understand that double take. That's pretty cool though, what are you planning on playing with? I just feel like I might be embarassed, but it's all good. Going with a couple of friends who have not played in awhile, so it should be fun.

Good luck man! Arent you a senior this year?

DFSniper
03-20-2008, 01:46 PM
i just got my hammer last week, so i'll most likely be using that most of the day, including speedball! i'm going with my best friend, his wife, and possibly a few of his other friends (they just happen to all shoot spyders too), and a kid from work wants to go too. even if they don't go, there should still be more people there than Superbowl Sunday. that time only me, my best friend, and 2 refs showed up!

i graduated last year, going to the local community college right now for a year or two before i transfer to get my bachelor's.

xtraking
03-20-2008, 06:38 PM
glad to hear your getting back in the game, I should be playing next week end

Thanks a lot man. Good luck with that!
i just got my hammer last week, so i'll most likely be using that most of the day, including speedball! i'm going with my best friend, his wife, and possibly a few of his other friends (they just happen to all shoot spyders too), and a kid from work wants to go too. even if they don't go, there should still be more people there than Superbowl Sunday. that time only me, my best friend, and 2 refs showed up!

i graduated last year, going to the local community college right now for a year or two before i transfer to get my bachelor's.

Hows the hammer coming? My hammer has never done wrong to me.

It turns out I'll be going over a guy's house from my school next saturday with a bunch of others. So it should be a good time.

I forget, can I use a normal 9volt for my imagine board?

DFSniper
03-20-2008, 06:42 PM
the crownpoint that came with it is a really large bore, so paint went everywhere, so i put my whisper on, but havent gotten around to shoot it yet. the gun itself is great, i just had to make a quick strip pin safety for it since it didnt come with one (it looks like a grenade pin!) theres a thread in the pics section with some pics (on the first page i think)

xtraking
03-21-2008, 07:51 AM
Yeah, I use my ceramic on my hammer whenever I use it.
So guys, now I got a decision.
Use a mech spyder, and not have to worry about batteries, but lose some firepower...
or
Use electric spyder with a 9 volt, worrying about if it dies or not?

I'm leaning towards mech.

SpyderMan723
03-21-2008, 10:44 AM
Yeah, I use my ceramic on my hammer whenever I use it.
So guys, now I got a decision.
Use a mech spyder, and not have to worry about batteries, but lose some firepower...
or
Use electric spyder with a 9 volt, worrying about if it dies or not?

I'm leaning towards mech.

Definately mech on a cold day, and especially if you're using co2.

DFSniper
03-21-2008, 01:07 PM
i'm brining all my guns so i can switch them out whenever i want

xtraking
03-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Looks like there might be cold and rainy, so mech it is!

Now some anti-fog stuff for my glasses... hm.

DFSniper
03-21-2008, 04:15 PM
i picked up some for scuba googles at the local shop, i think its called Spit, and its great for anti-fog coating.