PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade Tips?

ynaggo
03-18-2008, 06:15 PM
Hi im new to paintball and i want to get into it and i just got a Spyder Pilot Acs the one that comes with a 12 inch tourni grde barrel i think

What upgrades/Accesories like hoppers and all should i get

I have a

Spyder Pilot Acs
12 CO2 Tank
200 Basic Hopper

Ive been thinking about getting this combo

Tadao VS Series Board - 5 Modes of Operation - Semi Auto Unlimited, Semi Auto Capped, PSP Ramp, Millennium Ramp and 3 Shot Burst - Trigger Debounce - Force Shot Feature - Battery Indicator - Easy Drop-In Instalation.

PLUS

Critical Spyder Trigger/Switch - Complete Replacement trigger and switch from Critical Paintball. Fits your Imagine - Pilot.

http://canadianpaintball.com/main/access/spyder.htm

xsvly-fat
03-18-2008, 08:06 PM
the trigger isnt a bad upgrade but before you upgrade it you should get a feedneck, better hopper (i recomend a vel jr), and a compressed air tank. you dont really have to upgrade the board unless you plan on playing in psp or something like that

03-18-2008, 08:22 PM
ok first off the board is for the vs series markers
get a t board if you want to upgrade boards but it shouldn't be top priority

I would upgrade in this order
feed neck
hopper
barrel
tank

ynaggo
03-19-2008, 03:23 AM
Okai Thanks So Much!

tumtum00
03-19-2008, 03:33 AM
barrel is a very important upgrade on any spyder, all stock barrels suck. a j&j ceramic 14 or 16 would be good, I would get a spyder fasta 18v hopper, If you are just getting into the sport don't get too complex too fast the board upgrade is expensive, and doesn't make you any better just shoots faster. The stock board is actually pretty good, got 3 rd 6 rd burst and fully auto. I would get me a good barrel, feedneck and hopper, and get a good exp chamber if you are using co2, or upgrade to air. I have some barrels if you would like to purchase one, 20 for a 14 j&j ceramic. lmk

ynaggo
03-19-2008, 12:27 PM
barrel is a very important upgrade on any spyder, all stock barrels suck. a j&j ceramic 14 or 16 would be good, I would get a spyder fasta 18v hopper, If you are just getting into the sport don't get too complex too fast the board upgrade is expensive, and doesn't make you any better just shoots faster. The stock board is actually pretty good, got 3 rd 6 rd burst and fully auto. I would get me a good barrel, feedneck and hopper, and get a good exp chamber if you are using co2, or upgrade to air. I have some barrels if you would like to purchase one, 20 for a 14 j&j ceramic. lmk

So even though it says 12inch tourniment grade barrel on the box i still have to upgrade it?

I have $140

And i still want to know what should i get?

Barrel First?

Feedneck Second?

I Was thinking on getting:

http://canadianpaintball.com/main/barrels/jj.htm

Along With

http://canadianpaintball.com/main/access/hoppers/viewloader.htm

The Second One (View Loader Evoloution III) Eggy 3

tumtum00
03-19-2008, 12:47 PM
So even though it says 12inch tourniment grade barrel on the box i still have to upgrade it?

I have $140

And i still want to know what should i get?

Barrel First?

Feedneck Second?

I Was thinking on getting:

http://canadianpaintball.com/main/barrels/jj.htm

Along With

http://canadianpaintball.com/main/access/hoppers/viewloader.htm

The Second One (View Loader Evoloution III) Eggy 3

The barrel is alright for stock, but you will want a better barrel the stock barrel bore size is much bigger than most paintballs and you will get alot of curves, a j&j is much smaller and works better on most paint. get a feedneck and good hopper first or it won't matter what kind of barrel you got , you will be shooting slow because of gravity fed hopper, and the stock feedneck sticks the hopper up like 6 inches off the gun, makes it hard to hide behind bunkers and have your gun in the ready position. once again i recommend the fasta 18v led hopper it works great and is easy on batteries. It will feed faster than that gun will ever shoot. And I do have a 14" j&j i will sell for 20. and the part of it saying tournament barrel. Well spyder tl stands for tournament level, and it isn't even close. It is better than the stock barrel on some spyders but not what you will need to be consistant with shots. lmk if you want the barrel.

ynaggo
03-19-2008, 01:21 PM
I stick to recreational play for now so is a feed neck a must? I Play at Paintball Nation www.paintballnation.ca

Raiderz628
03-19-2008, 05:35 PM
Good upgrades get a set of sticky dye grips action village had some I got one on ebay for .99 and 9.99 shipping also get a stronger spring don't use the low presuure one though it will chop balls like crazy it is to strong those upgrades will keep you up with ions I have people tripping when they realize I am shooting a Pilot. Find a good paint to to go with your barrel and you will jam

Raiderz628
03-19-2008, 05:45 PM
JJ ceramis barrel
sticky die grips check on ebay at action village I got a set for .99 and 9.99 shipping the stock grips will allow paint in.
Get a set of stronger springs around 9.99 or so
A new feed neck then save up for a better hopper I have a fasta and love it

Sandman_Bravo
03-20-2008, 02:07 AM
1) feedneck
2) good hopper that will keep up- reloader, etc.
3) barrel
4) go play and stop upgrading an enry level marker

tumtum00
03-20-2008, 03:06 AM
go play and stop upgrading an enry level marker

well said bravo

ynaggo
03-20-2008, 03:24 AM
Would it be okay if i just got a barrel and hopper for recreationnal play? and feedneck after?

Or is the feedneck urgent cuz im not getting into speedball just yet

tumtum00
03-20-2008, 03:31 AM
Would it be okay if i just got a barrel and hopper for recreationnal play? and feedneck after?

Or is the feedneck urgent cuz im not getting into speedball just yet

well you can use the feedneck it came with, i would buy my barrel for 20 bucks, and then get a fasta hopper, but if playing in woods you will probably break the cheap plastic feedneck.

ynaggo
03-20-2008, 03:35 AM
What would be a good cheap accurate barrel cuz i would wanna get the j&j but i dont know if theres better ones for cheaper price?

Check Here http://canadianpaintball.com/main/barrels.htm

tumtum00
03-20-2008, 06:28 AM
well i have had many barrels, i liked my j&j best and even got an adapter so i could use my spyder barrels on my ion. I used a pmi razr barrel and it is nice too. but my favorite for woods ball is my 20" j&j ceramic i use it and the 14 on my ion. but for speedball i usualy use my 14" pmi razr. 32* makes some good barrels. maybe you should look at a different website besides that one you are always on. try actionvillage.com much better prices, and try ebay.

SpyderMan723
03-20-2008, 06:42 AM
I honestly really like J&J barrels, they're cheap, quiet, and very very accurate and did I mention they're cheap?

:D

ynaggo
03-20-2008, 07:42 PM
I got a evolution 3 hopper with a stock feedneck and straight elbow the gun tilts cuz of its weigh a little bit because its a little to high

I can only get one more thing what should it be?

A Feedneck for support on the weight and lower the hight?

Or a j&j 16* barrel for better accuracy at longer distanced at 20bps

tumtum00
03-21-2008, 03:23 AM
I got a evolution 3 hopper with a stock feedneck and straight elbow the gun tilts cuz of its weigh a little bit because its a little to high

I can only get one more thing what should it be?

A Feedneck for support on the weight and lower the hight?

Or a j&j 16* barrel for better accuracy at longer distanced at 20bps

20bps you will never get that out of a pilot and stock board and the only way you can get 20bps you will have to have a ramping board. well if it looks awkward with the stock feedneck, and if it feels awkward, you will never get used to it, you will break it off before you get used to it, get the feedneck, then worry about barrel.

Sandman_Bravo
03-21-2008, 03:59 AM
If you don't mind having your hopper fall off and hit the ground, then by all means wait on getting a new feedneck. An accurate barrel isn't much use when all your paintballs and hopper are on the ground. Bottom line is, the stock feedneck is a cheap plastic coupling that puts the hopper way up high(giving you a larger target for the opposition to hit) and it doesn't hold a fully loaded heavy hopper very securely- especially if you are running or not carrying the marker level.

ynaggo
03-21-2008, 05:22 AM
Yea tru tru thanks dudes !

xxcarlosxx
03-23-2008, 03:47 PM
for the hopper get an eggy 3... its cheap and it keeps up with the pilot. i got it for like $60 online

for the feedneck i got a trinity t-lock feedneck, its low and it clamps good. it was like $25 but its kinda hard to find

for the barrel i got the j&j 16" ceramic barrel and its great .. it impossible to scratch it, its awesome. it was like $30

i also have dye sticky grips which arent really needed but i got for $10 at zephyrpaintball.com pretty cheap and comfortable

flyboy9397
09-08-2008, 05:49 PM
I just bought a rocking trigger frame and rear cocking ACS bolt since I lost the top cocking rod. It pissed me off that it fell out after 3 years. I broke the top off the upper bolt stop so I just said screw it and decided to go with the rear bolt.

the order of my upgrades after buying the gun in 05-06 was
feedneck (trinity)
Apache LCD hopper

then now the rocking trigger since my stock e trigger for some reason started to drain my batteries at an ever faster speed. and I went rear cocking because of the cocking rod issue. I got the trigger and rod as a package from an ebay store for under a hundred bucks. not a bad deal

I might go nitrogen for air down the road, and my new harness was a package deal with a remote. Those little numbers will work with any future gun i own.

I think I might go for a new gun in a couple years since my wife would want mine since she likes to take out her anger on me with it.

Doomfarer
09-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Hi im new to paintball and i want to get into it and i just got a Spyder Pilot Acs the one that comes with a 12 inch tourni grde barrel i think

What upgrades/Accesories like hoppers and all should i get

I have a

Spyder Pilot Acs
12 CO2 Tank
200 Basic Hopper

Ive been thinking about getting this combo

Tadao VS Series Board - 5 Modes of Operation - Semi Auto Unlimited, Semi Auto Capped, PSP Ramp, Millennium Ramp and 3 Shot Burst - Trigger Debounce - Force Shot Feature - Battery Indicator - Easy Drop-In Instalation.

PLUS

Critical Spyder Trigger/Switch - Complete Replacement trigger and switch from Critical Paintball. Fits your Imagine - Pilot.

http://canadianpaintball.com/main/access/spyder.htm

from my experiences with playing on a number of different woodsball fields my purchase of SP's The Freak kit has allowed me to tune my barrel to the paint the current field is using, which has improved my groupings and accuracy.

flyboy9397
09-20-2008, 07:17 PM
MY order would be for upgrades. Feedneck (trinity makes a good one just make sure you order it with TABS should be less than $20), Hopper (Fasta is a good deal for 30+ balls a second for under a hundred dollars) , trigger frame (look for a rockers on eBay they go for just over a hundred and comes with a new bolt), and as the same time as you get the trigger go to compressed air (let your budget be your guide I would go 62cuin or larger). Then barrel, also let your budget be your guide.

I will say this eBay is a great source for some great deals for upgrade parts. Check it out.