PDA

View Full Version : iTunes Help

ross * pilot
03-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Hey everyone,

Well, i really dont know a lot about iTunes so if any of you could help it would be greatly appreciated.

So, i got a new computer and unfortunately did not transfer all of my songs from my ipod to the new computer.

After i downloaded itunes again, and plugging in my ipod, i tried dragging all of my songs listed under Music (under the ipod symbol) into the library.

But, it wont let me. So, i have basically no songs in my new itunes Library, all of them are under music under my ipod symbol. So, is there any way i can transfer my current songs on my ipod to the new library?

DisIsMyUsername
03-17-2008, 05:06 PM
Hey everyone,

Well, i really dont know a lot about iTunes so if any of you could help it would be greatly appreciated.

So, i got a new computer and unfortunately did not transfer all of my songs from my ipod to the new computer.

After i downloaded itunes again, and plugging in my ipod, i tried dragging all of my songs listed under Music (under the ipod symbol) into the library.

But, it wont let me. So, i have basically no songs in my new itunes Library, all of them are under music under my ipod symbol. So, is there any way i can transfer my current songs on my ipod to the new library?

Plug in ur ipod

Go to My computer

look for ur ipod as one of the drives and double click it.

in the window, click tools, folder options, view and click "show hidden files and folders"

after that go back to ur ipod and u'll see a folder labeled "ipod control" then go into a folder in there called music.

in there there should be folders labeled F01, F02, F03,. etc copy and paste these into a folder in ur documents. its gonna take a few minutes.

When its done just upload them from your itunes thru add files to library or w.e its called.

badlandsrox
03-17-2008, 05:09 PM
theres programs you can buy to do that, but if you still have the computer somewhere, you can burn all your songs to an mp3 cd, data dvd (if both computers have a dvd drive) if you have a network, hook up your old one, and send them via the network, a connecter cable to connect the two (again you need your old one to be working still too, or you could go through all those ipod files that are like F01 or something like that and drag and drop, and if all else fails... take it to circuit city or bestbuy or whatever it is you have in the US.

ross * pilot
03-17-2008, 05:15 PM
username, when i do click my ipod drive, i get a list of programs that i can open it with, i dont get a window.

badlandsrox
03-17-2008, 05:33 PM
dont try to open your ipod drive... right click, and browse files, and if im not mistaken, go to the view tab, and set to view all files and folders

HelpDeskHustler
03-17-2008, 05:40 PM
mine doesn't have that guys, his might not either.

ross * pilot
03-17-2008, 05:57 PM
i found how to open it, i right clicked it and clicked "open as a removable drive" or something like that. Thanks username, for the most part it worked, but not all of my songs were copied. I ended up having like 80 songs less in my library.. hmm.. but thanks for your help

DisIsMyUsername
03-17-2008, 05:59 PM
username, when i do click my ipod drive, i get a list of programs that i can open it with, i dont get a window.

u sure?

when u plug it in, make sure u eject it from iTunes.

on my computer, where u see ur C: drive D: drive etc., ur ipod shows up as a drive. double click it to see whats in it.

DisIsMyUsername
03-17-2008, 06:00 PM
i found how to open it, i right clicked it and clicked "open as a removable drive" or something like that. Thanks username, for the most part it worked, but not all of my songs were copied. I ended up having like 80 songs less in my library.. hmm.. but thanks for your help

if u copied the entire folders themselves, all the songs should be there. u just gotta make sure to upload them correctly on itunes, making sure all the songs are there.

i usually open folder F01 and press ctrl + A to select all then i upload. then do the same for F02 etc

durrell
03-18-2008, 08:38 AM
http://www.softpedia.com/get/IPOD-TOOLS/Multimedia-IPOD-tools/iDump.shtml

ross * pilot
03-18-2008, 11:17 AM
Thanks D, used it, and worked perfectly.

durrell
03-18-2008, 11:24 AM
Thanks D, used it, and worked perfectly.

Glad I could help. :up: