PDA

View Full Version : Leak

JAXXXON
03-17-2008, 03:45 PM
Has anyone experienced a leak after installing a magna-port valve or a rocket valve? I recently put a magna port in my gun and it has a small leak (running HPA) and I cannot figure out where it is coming from. When I cock the bolt back the leak gets quiet. Any suggestions?:o

Sandman_Bravo
03-18-2008, 01:57 AM
It sounds like when it's uncocked the striker is resting against the valve pin and opening it some. If there is no leak when it's cocked and the gun performs well, don't worry about it. My pilot leaks a tiny bit when uncocked for the same reason, although I have a light valve spring with a small amount trimmed off.

tumtum00
03-18-2008, 03:18 AM
If it is leaking through the valve get a stronger valve spring, cause the striker spring is pushing the striker too hard into the valve pin not allowing the valve to close. Get a stronger valve spring. i wouldn't worry about it, when does someone have air on their gun and it isn't cocked, good luck

Sandman_Bravo
03-18-2008, 04:52 PM
If it is leaking through the valve get a stronger valve spring, cause the striker spring is pushing the striker too hard into the valve pin not allowing the valve to close. Get a stronger valve spring. i wouldn't worry about it, when does someone have air on their gun and it isn't cocked, good luck

Don't get a stronger valve spring! That can result in a shorter dwell time and a loss in velocity. The only time you should be tinkering with the valve spring is when you are trying to tune a velocity issue or if converting to LP. Most velocity tuning is done with the main spring first and then the valve spring if it can't be accomplished with the main.

JAXXXON
03-20-2008, 07:50 PM
:cool: Here is my setup:

Trinity Assault Block
Evil Detonator Reg.
Magna Port Valve
Medium Springs (Psycho Ballistics)
Shocktech Bolt (NOT ACS)

I had no problems prior to the install of the magna port, but and when I tried to strip down my gun again to investigate further. I slipped and stripped out the hex screw at the back of the trigger frame (if anyone has any ideas of how to get that crap off also, that would be cool).:(

Other:
Trinity Locking Feed Neck
J&J Ceramic 14"
Blue Trinity Grips
Warrior Trigger
Timmy Stripper Girl Eye Covers
Trinity On/Off DF ASA

Sandman_Bravo
03-21-2008, 03:48 AM
Try easy outs. They are tools available for removing stripped head bolts & screws.