03-16-2008, 12:57 PM
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa18/muddytaco2/ego.jpg

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa18/muddytaco2/ego3.jpg

timmyshoota
03-16-2008, 01:33 PM
Must of just got them in for Phoenix.

shunut
03-16-2008, 02:07 PM
Nice but it should have been an SL8R. Probably did get them in for Phoenix, those pictures were taken from a hotel room, you can tell. I went by the Eclipse tent and don't remember seeing one though. Could just be in teams hand right now.

LostCause
03-16-2008, 02:46 PM
it is a hawt gun, saw it a couple das back on PBN. Its the only EGO 08 that il ike

xsvly-fat
03-16-2008, 03:06 PM
i like it but im sure i wont like the price

TheDarkShadow
03-16-2008, 04:09 PM
looks cool but nothing uber spectacular imo

pbfreak3221
03-16-2008, 05:37 PM
No flow, in my opinion.

vikingshadow
03-16-2008, 06:06 PM
I like Xfactor, but not really diggin' this gun. Just meh, IMO.

Is it just me, or has Eclipse become the new Angel in terms of putting a new gun out every other month?

timmyshoota
03-16-2008, 06:18 PM
Eclipse doesn't put out new guns every other month. Its the same gun with a VERY slightly differeny milling or different anno. Atleast Angel was putting out guns with differences in things that mattered.

vikingshadow
03-16-2008, 06:22 PM
Yeah, you're right there. I guess so long as people will suck them up as fast as they'll make them, they'll keep making them. It's the nature of the beast, I suppose.

SupaSnipa
03-16-2008, 06:30 PM
I've had enough with Eclipse and Ego's, I shot one, wow, not that special.

STRIKEFIRST
03-16-2008, 07:51 PM
I've had enough with Eclipse and Ego's, I shot one, wow, not that special.

Wow...when I shot one I had to go take a cold shower...:confused:

timmyshoota
03-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Wow...when I shot one I had to go take a cold shower...:confused:

They are loud and kick, that turned you on?

VS3 Sniper
03-16-2008, 08:50 PM
^ LOL The dark ego I had was fairly quite. Almost as quite as my brothers dm6. I never really noticed alot of kick either.....That being said I have shot egos that kicked like mules and sounded like a canon going off. I'm not a huge fan of the new egos tho. It seems like every body wanted to make guns lighter and now that they are ppl complain about how the milling looks. I think eclipse could have done a better job on designing the anno/lazer engraving tho.

MVS1
03-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Vike I guess Angel learned their lesson since they haven't debuted a marker since the A1 almost 2 full years ago, and the A1 Fly may hit the streets at HB but maybe not. And, the A1 has probably the worst "rep" for no bonifide reason of any high-end marker, so maybe Eclipse is digging their own grave like Angel did a few years back in flooding the market w/their product.

vikingshadow
03-18-2008, 06:22 AM
The worst thing about what Angel did was while improving each new incarnation of their gun, they drove down the prices of previous models so that if you were all excited about earning enough money to get one, within 6 months, it wasn't worth HALF what you paid for it - and their newer model had something better on it.

Then, apply that to the rest of paintball and bang - all of a sudden it's ok to have a gun that's worth less than half what you paid for it in the first place, all of 3 months ago. Sad thing about Eclipse is every kiddo on the nation and at fields around the country seem to think that the Ego is the pinnacle of ALL markers, and to have one means you're the best. We all know that's just not true, but those with less knowledge are easily swayed.

Granted, I'm not taking anything away from the gun itself - I have been in tournaments and seen entire teams with these guns making them roll like crazy, and I have a teammate who has one that is a beast on the field. But, they aren't that unique anymore - shoot, there are what, 6 different versions of the Ego out just this year? Or more? And at best, they have a small milling difference. Why don't they go down in price? I don't know. If I were smart, I'd start buying/trading them Taco style and get a room full of guns!

Other than the weight and height, I really liked my 04 speed while I had it. Wonder what happened to Angel?

Hob Hayward
03-18-2008, 03:31 PM
Gorram it, there are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many "different" egos.

STRIKEFIRST
03-18-2008, 05:58 PM
They are loud and kick, that turned you on?

You haven't met my wife...have you?!!!:D

I noticed very little kick and noise wasn't bad at all.

nastystankweed
03-20-2008, 05:59 PM
A friend of mine has an SL74 Menace ego and that thing kicks hard and it sounds like an m240 light machine gun.

ttam13xlpb
03-21-2008, 08:29 AM
lol^^^ but ive shot a dark ego b4 and it wasnt too loud but it did kick a little...noticeable(sp?) barrel rise..but it was nowhere near as quiet as my dm8 and did have more kick..but i cant say a whole lot because i dont have alot of experience with egos

they are nice though and look pretty good...but too keep this thread on topic..X-factor is a good team but im not liking this weeks PL ego

nastystankweed
03-21-2008, 04:19 PM
:D :yay: :yay: When you are on the field with him you know whos shooting just from the sound of his gun, you cant even hear most of the other guns clearly that thing is so loud. Im not sure but I think he has a sly barrel on his. I like egos but DM's are way nicer.

That X factor egos got too much going on on it. I dont like it.