PDA

View Full Version : Goggles - cleaning?

TheArtoFire
03-15-2008, 08:42 AM
Hey all, I'm new to the boards, and to paintball for that matter. My specifici purpose for this post is regarding my goggles, more specifically my lense and the cleaning of it.

I've been buffing it with a t-shirt to clean it, but the rubbing has caused it to flake, making it hard to see. I bought some JT "Majik Spray" and tried that, but it seems to completely remove the layer. I guess my question is: Since I'm to the point where the entire outter layer has been scrapped off, are my goggles worthless now? Do ya'll have any cleaning tips/techniques that are effective and safe for fog resistant lenses?

Thanks in advance!
Jonathan

shark
03-15-2008, 08:53 AM
For cleaning go to walmart and buy a pack of microfiber cloths. i think they are in the auto department, they are excellent for getting paint of your mask, they leave no smears

tumtum00
03-15-2008, 08:58 AM
there is some stuff called cat crap, you can get it online ebay, other outfitter places, it cleans and is an antifog stuff too.

timbertiger20
03-15-2008, 09:06 AM
Actually the greatest cleaner on earth for plastic is Plexus. It's a tad beed expensive but it goes along way. It actually polishes as well as cleans. Use one of the micro-fibers to remove the paint and a clean microfiber with Plexus to wipe that thing as clean as a new lens. At this point your is probably ruined, you can get new lenses depending on the model but you might want to take advantage of this opportunity and try ou some of the new super comfy, high end masks with anti-fog technology. Also because sometimes it's hard to find.........Plexus is found at motorcycle stores for helmets and dirt bike goggles. It's all I'll use on my $400 helmet and my bike windshield! On a side note, it also highly polishes those really nasty light bars on top of cop cars that you can barely see through. :)

TheArtoFire
03-15-2008, 09:35 AM
Ahh, thanks for the reply's fellas. The goggles weren't cheap, at least not according to my specs. 45$ JT's - had a gift card though, so I was more than happy to spend the money. We're woodsballin' tomorrow afternoon, so I may just buy a new mask since I work at a sports and outdoors store and get a discount :D

MR2 Woodsballer
03-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Timbertiger20 is exacly right. Its all I use on my mask along with a micoefiber cloth. It is an awsome product I have about 5 cans of it in my garage and a can in my gearbag.

TheDarkShadow
03-15-2008, 07:17 PM
you can get a new lense, but JT's lenses are a pain in the ars to change, if you get new goggles, you should look into Vforce goggles very easy to change lenses.