PDA

View Full Version : halo hopper

dsraoof
02-19-2006, 01:45 PM
i was wondering which hopper is better, the HALO backman (http://www.buypbl-paintball.com/cgi-bin/mp_core.pl?pid=2034&id_equipement=811)
or the eVLution II???? i am wondering as i need to get a new hopper.. the halo seemed pretty good..

Team Ramrod
02-19-2006, 02:07 PM
evo II, hands down. had both, halo sucked next to the eggy.

NB_Hacker_NB
02-19-2006, 07:47 PM
is the evo II really better than the halo?

Nader
02-19-2006, 08:31 PM
I wouldn't say so, but if you ask these questions, you're bound to get alot of different opinions....
I prefer my halo over my zeggy

Team Ramrod
02-20-2006, 03:33 PM
nah, he was talking the Halo backman, which is like the revvy. of course the Halo B is better than the eggy, but the Backman is worse.

Nader
02-20-2006, 05:08 PM
ah...gotcha! I probably shoulda looked at the link....hehe
Yeah the Evo II definately beats it hands down.

ShadowX
02-20-2006, 06:00 PM
as it was said before, evo II hands down, great loader, i would probably take one over a halo if i wasnt shooting over 15 BPS. diffenately a good investment.

DexGtr
02-20-2006, 08:06 PM
had the halo backman...get the evo..

ricochet08
02-20-2006, 08:19 PM
definitely evo. :cool:
u won't b disappointed :waytogo:

phatphil
02-21-2006, 11:37 AM
The egg for sure, those Halo TSA's are just pieces of ****. Halo B's are nice though.

Skidds
02-21-2006, 07:57 PM
The egg for sure, those Halo TSA's are just pieces of ****. Halo B's are nice though.
I have a TSA...LCD it works good, the TSA is 15bps and the Evo 17bps.... im thinking of getting an evo, or apache next.....probaly the apache.

lilc
04-11-2006, 08:47 PM

B's don't last, though... :(

vikingshadow
04-12-2006, 03:56 AM
Hmmmmm, interesting thought. Where do you get the idea that Halo B's don't last very long?

And yes, I realize the age of this thread!

pman15
04-12-2006, 05:14 AM
actually lilc is right the halo b has some bad things and good things.

Bad Things: Weakness:It is the heaviest loader out on the market espicially when u add the 6AA batteries.

Price: use 2 be 140$ thank god the price was lowered 2 about 105$ at most websites.

Large feed neck: the halo b's feed neck is so big that it may not even fit your gun.

Broken Paint: the halo b tends 2 brake paint 4 no reason

Low Battery: When the low battery light comes on change them immediatly!!!

Good Things
Performance: the halo b is the fastest feeding hopper out on the market 2 day. It is just simple, the halo b cannot be beaten!

Strenght: It is very durable and can survive most falls.

Another Performance: The halo feeds about 22 bps

Oh one more thing, when i say the halo b cannot be beaten! i made a mistake. Personally it can be beaten. Compare the halo b 2 the eVlution II with the z-board it's a close call wich one is beter so i think the halo b cen be beaten.

thechubbss12
04-12-2006, 05:58 AM
Another weakness of the halo B.... Its doesnt like reballs (At all) and will miss feed them like no other.

Also Halos Bs are nothing without being ripped... (They will jam indefenitly) Personaly in a game i dont want to have to open up my hopper put my finger in and spin the cone to unjam it.....

When everything works right they are amazing loader....

vikingshadow
04-12-2006, 08:32 AM
actually lilc is right the halo b has some bad things and good things. Actually, my question was how does the Halo B not last that long, because personally, I know people who have had them since they came out and still working great, but anyway....

Bad Things: Weakness:It is the heaviest loader out on the market espicially when u add the 6AA batteries. that could be possible as I don't know actual weights, but if it's that important, then either get a lighter gun or go to the gym. To me, the weight factor in paintball has too much emphasis put on it. An ounce here or there DOES NOT make a difference. Also, this doesn't affect the lifespan of a Halo B.

Price: use 2 be 140$ thank god the price was lowered 2 about 105$ at most websites. Loaders tend to be more expensive than I think they are, but this is a bad thing about ALL loaders. Seen the price of the Reloader B2 lately? Yikes!

Oh, again, lifespan not affected.

Large feed neck: the halo b's feed neck is so big that it may not even fit your gun. Again, it's not just Halo. I had to shave the neck of my Egg down to fit the feedneck of my guns. I've heard of people having to shave their reloaders as well. This COULD affect lifespan because of the more likely chance of breaking a feedneck or raceway...

Broken Paint: the halo b tends 2 brake paint 4 no reason Not really sure what to say, other than I've had bad paint in my Reloader B break before. I'm sure there's some reason for it, but like I said, not really sure what to say. Lifespan? No affect other than someone wanting to get rid of it for that reason.

Low Battery: When the low battery light comes on change them immediatly!!!Again, not sure what to say. Anytime ANY low battery light comes on, you should change your batteries....

Good Things
Performance: the halo b is the fastest feeding hopper out on the market 2 day. It is just simple, the halo b cannot be beaten! Here's were I start disagreeing with you. I have a Reloader B and it's faster than a stock Halo by a lot. In fact, I think that if you get the victory board (added expense) you get more even results between the two. Have no idea about the Cheetah board, though. I have friends who have Halos and we timed them, and my Reloader beat them (on fastest speed, that is.) ESPECIALLY if you use dark paint. The Halo works on eyes and only feeds when it doesn't detect paint. The Reloader feeds every time you shoot your gun. So I feel that even if the Reloader isn't faster, they're at least equal in terms of speed.

Strenght: It is very durable and can survive most falls. Agreed. Same as many other loaders out there.

Another Performance: The halo feeds about 22 bps Yup. Same as Reloader, Vlocity, etc. Not an advantage though when you're capped at 15.4 bps or by your own fingers, because as we know, NO ONE shoots 22 bps without help.

Oh one more thing, when i say the halo b cannot be beaten! i made a mistake. Personally it can be beaten. Compare the halo b 2 the eVlution II with the z-board it's a close call wich one is beter so i think the halo b cen be beaten.

I'll have to call shens on the Zeggy comparable to the Halo B thing...I would compare the Halo B with rip installed closer to the Reloader B than the Zeggy. Yes, I have a Zeggy, and it's a good hopper, definitely in the top 4. However, I would take a Halo B and a Reloader B over the Zeggy any day,hands down.

While it's my opinion that the Reloader B is better (based on my opinion of "ears" versus vision, cost of upgrading a Halo B to match the Reloader B, speed, etc....), I still think the Halo B is an awesome loader with a long lifespan and ability.