PDA

View Full Version : Hopper/Loader

Evo PL
03-13-2008, 04:02 PM
What is the best kind of hopper i can get for my MR1 for around $80?
Because i was going to buy a FASTA but reading latest reviews i heard its a little glitchy...
Can someone give me some feedback about your own hoppers and which work best:confused: :confused:

also i have gotten into paintball since September still a noob, only went out a few times during the winter, but in the summer i was playing regularly

whenever i start shooting to fast my bolt comes down on my paint and jams it, which is a biatch to deal with when ur in game, so i thought a auto hopper might fix this... if anyone can think of some cost effective mods for the MR1 please let me know, i got a 16" J&J barrel as my only mod which does my accuracy.:D :D

DFSniper
03-13-2008, 04:07 PM
hmm, for an mr1, id either get a qloader or an evolution3

xsvly-fat
03-13-2008, 04:26 PM
i would have to say a used jr or something like that but if you dont want to buy a used hopped i think an egg 3 sould be fine

SpyderMan723
03-13-2008, 06:06 PM
Are you guys nuts!?

for a mech MR1?! a JR!?! egg 3!?!

get a revy or an empire reloader 2(not b2)

DFSniper
03-13-2008, 06:15 PM
umm, agitated loaders wont stop his chopping/jamming problem...

KingJester
03-13-2008, 06:20 PM
I recommend a Ricochet Apache it bought one for $40. Its an agitating feeder which is more than fast enough for the MR1. The apache is loud but so is the MR1. Ive found it easy to clean when taking the apache apart for cleaning. Im not to big a fan of the ball mover in the hopper it did cause a ball to break but that was probably due to 1 brittle ball of paint out of 4k rounds.

deano 177
03-13-2008, 06:21 PM
I don't know. I have only chopped a few balls with my halo frontman. If he is using a mech trigger that should do the trick. Plus he can get a cheaper loader and save some $. If he wants to upgrade later and gets a faster marker that hopper could serve as a backup/loaner...

DFSniper
03-13-2008, 06:26 PM
you could get a used eggy3 for almost half the price of a new TSA, or a used Halo B for about the same price. you could get an eggy2 from walmart for a few bucks more than the TSA.

when i said an agitating loader wont stop his chopping problem, i was referring to blowback. an agitating hopper will allow the balls to hop back up into the hopper, which can cause chops. a force fed hopper like the eggy/halo, will eliminate that, thus eliminating almost all chops. i have an almost stock imagine (per se...) and since i got my zeggy, i've never had a chop.

KingJester
03-13-2008, 11:12 PM
While an agitating hopper doesn't prevent blow back, that problem can be solved easily if you keep the hopper filled with paint. Plus you should keep your hopper filled to capacity while your playing thats just playing smart.

Ive only been playing for a few months now like yourself and here are a lot of loaders/hoppers of various types and I picked an agitating loader because they are cheaper and its a good starter loader for the semi-auto MR1. I also looked at the ViewLoader Eggy 3 and didnt like how the lid functioned and the feedneck seemed weak to me.

If you find that you want to get into paintballing more and purchase a faster marker with an electronic trigger you could still use an agitating loader but you should begin to think about a force feed loader and use the cheaper hopper as a backup.

Your jamming problem could be that stock detent is worn out and needs replacing. Try the replacement stock detent first and if that doesn't do the trick don't shoot as fast go online and order some Bob Long Intimidator (timmy) detents and when you receive and install them continue with crushing your enemy with rapid fire. Bob Long Intimidator should stop any jamming issues.

A good website to do research on hoppers/loaders is pbreview.com

N_Dub_Spyder
03-14-2008, 06:13 AM
I would say that the (2) most appropriate loaders without going overkill are either the Ricochet AK or the Halo TSA frontman. Just my $.02

VS3 Sniper
03-14-2008, 06:36 AM
I would say get a used halo b or a vlocity jr. I know it will be a little over kill but if ur really serious about paintball you will want to upgrade your gun/buy a better gun down the road. So imo it makes no sense to have to buy another loader down the road.

SpyderMan723
03-14-2008, 07:05 AM
my VL quantum was actually perfect for my MR1 lol

the only downside is the annoying sound of the agitator

bud689
03-17-2008, 05:30 AM
my ricochet apache works perfect on my mechanical mr1, but chops on my e-mr1, will an eggy 3 solve my chopping problem for my electric mr1?

SpyderMan723
03-17-2008, 06:33 AM
my ricochet apache works perfect on my mechanical mr1, but chops on my e-mr1, will an eggy 3 solve my chopping problem for my electric mr1?

yes

N_Dub_Spyder
03-17-2008, 11:46 AM
Quantum was not the best when I used one on my mr1. Shaking the gun is still something that needed to be done. The ricochet is great for a mechanical gun or a RT Tippmann. It is not what I would use with an E Trigger though.

bud689
03-17-2008, 01:28 PM
ok, so what would be my best option for a e-mr1(electric), without breaking the bank, i was looking at the egg 3, or maybe a spyder fasta, any advice on the best hopper for this gun?

paintballkid0206
03-17-2008, 01:42 PM
i use a 12v revvy on mine. if you really want something better i'd get an evolution or used jr.

N_Dub_Spyder
03-17-2008, 03:12 PM
:yeahthat:

Or try and find a fasta for a good price. I am all about having matching equipment:D

bud689
03-18-2008, 04:34 AM
is the eggy 3 an actual force feed hopper, or more like an agitator?

paintballkid0206
03-18-2008, 08:47 AM
i'm not sure, but i have a friend who took a revvy and put an eggy's spinner thing (i forgot what they're called) idk what adjustments he made but he says taht i works much better than a regular revvy. prolly a lot less back-heavy compared to the egg.

DFSniper
03-18-2008, 11:33 AM
is the eggy 3 an actual force feed hopper, or more like an agitator?

the way the impeller is designed is to push the ball from between the paddles down INTO the neck, not like the revvy where it just unscrambles your balls, hoping some will drop into the neck.

bud689
03-18-2008, 12:09 PM
just tell me what loader to get to keep my e-mr1 from chopping. it was outshooting my ricochet apache and chopping. will the egg 3 cure this for sure or do i need something more like a true force feed loader, such as a empire reloader b or halo? anyone out there with a electric mr1-what do you use?

bud689
03-18-2008, 01:14 PM
well i got a deal on a new viewloader eye force, i hope it works well with my e-mr1.

KingJester
03-19-2008, 01:46 PM
sounds like you got yourself a decent loader to compliment your marker. let us know how it works out for you in game play.

bud689
04-08-2008, 02:08 PM
well i got rid of the e-mr1 before my eyeforce came in, but i got a vs1 now, and the vl eye force works perfect, i think this is a very underrated hopper. it keeps up with the vs1, no chops or uncocking or misfires. its fast, durable, battery life is great. awesome hopper for the $.