03-13-2008, 02:25 PM
What all do i nedd for a dremel to do like halfbacking and givving things like mirrord looks?
03-13-2008, 02:31 PM
get a flex shaft attachment ($24 at walmart), and a bunch of cutting and grinding bits. as for the polishing, im not sure.
spray and pray
03-13-2008, 04:37 PM
Dremel polishing compound
steel brush attachment
Flex shaft is handy
1.Use the steel brush on speed 7 to strip the anno most of the way.
2.After you did step one use sandpaper because it will be very rough from the bristles (use these grits. 400,600,800,1000,1300,1500,1700,2000,2500. Wetsand with 2500)
3. It should be very smooth and a little bit shiny now. Take the polishing wheels and compound and apply the compound to the wheel.
4. !!!STOP!!! Get a towel or something to hold the part with because it gets VERY hot.
5. Fire up the dremel to speed 8 going accross the surface just enough to get the polishing compound on.
6. Hold the part with the towel and go speed 8 applying a decent amount of pressure evenly on the part.
7. repeat 6 until VERY shiny
8. Profit, go around bragging that you can see yourself in it.