PDA

View Full Version : Customize (spray paint) My VS2

M0nk3ydr01d
03-13-2008, 12:39 PM
I'm thinking of costumizing my VS2 by changing(painting) the exterior part of my marker. What is the best way of doing it? Are there any "How To" videos about painting/spray painting a VS2 or any other marker? Also, what kind of paint is best to use?

king-man
03-13-2008, 01:20 PM
go ahead and get it anodized or get a different body,
and no offense but your sig is seizure inducing like vikes

shunut
03-13-2008, 01:36 PM
Like king-man said, I'd save up and stick to anodizing. However, if you really want to spray paint it, you're going to have to go through quite a bit of work to get a decent finish.

First you are going to have to take some sand paper to the body, rough it up a bit. I'd go with 600-800 grit.

Next, clean it all up and block of any holes that would allow paint to get into the body.

This step is optional but I would do it, primer. For best results read the direction on the can and stick to them.

Once its in sanded/cleaned or in primer look over the body for any imperfections, i.e. debris that may have gotten on during the primer process. If there are any, sand them down now or they will really show when you do paint it.

Make sure your parts are really clean, apply the base coat. Again make sure you read the directions on the can. Apply several thin coats.

Now, here is another optional step that I'd highly recommend. Clear coat. I would apply several layers of clear.

Let it set overnight, then you should really bake it to make sure the paint has cured. I'm not sure exact temps and timing on this step but I'm sure someone else will know.

All that being said, spray paint is not a very solid finish, it chips very easily. For that reason, I would highly suggest anodizing.

king-man
03-13-2008, 02:16 PM
Check this thread (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=782596)out on PBN, it lists some online anodizers
this hers a how to thread on andoizing (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=355794)but i dont suggest it

DFSniper
03-13-2008, 02:34 PM
http://www.ottersccustoms.com/paint.html

thats how i did mine, but the paint does chip somewhat easily

M0nk3ydr01d
03-14-2008, 10:32 AM
go ahead and get it anodized or get a different body,
and no offense but your sig is seizure inducing like vikes

what do you mean by "my sig is seizure inducing like vikes"? Enlighten me.

M0nk3ydr01d
03-14-2008, 10:39 AM
Like king-man said, I'd save up and stick to anodizing. However, if you really want to spray paint it, you're going to have to go through quite a bit of work to get a decent finish.

First you are going to have to take some sand paper to the body, rough it up a bit. I'd go with 600-800 grit.

Next, clean it all up and block of any holes that would allow paint to get into the body.

This step is optional but I would do it, primer. For best results read the direction on the can and stick to them.

Once its in sanded/cleaned or in primer look over the body for any imperfections, i.e. debris that may have gotten on during the primer process. If there are any, sand them down now or they will really show when you do paint it.

Make sure your parts are really clean, apply the base coat. Again make sure you read the directions on the can. Apply several thin coats.

Now, here is another optional step that I'd highly recommend. Clear coat. I would apply several layers of clear.

Let it set overnight, then you should really bake it to make sure the paint has cured. I'm not sure exact temps and timing on this step but I'm sure someone else will know.

All that being said, spray paint is not a very solid finish, it chips very easily. For that reason, I would highly suggest anodizing.

What is anodizing?

shunut
03-14-2008, 01:40 PM
I think this is a fair good explanation of anodizing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anodising

king-man
03-17-2008, 04:08 PM

the other day he haid a sig that moved around that said"muhaha" so quik it hurt, then sumone said it was seizure inducing

TheDarkShadow
03-17-2008, 06:10 PM
I believe that was TRB...

Hob Hayward
03-18-2008, 02:46 PM
Spray paint is only really worth it for milsim's. Stikc to anno for everything else.

irishwarrior
03-19-2008, 05:10 PM
I believe that was TRB...

Yea, that sig messes with your mind man, makes you go kinda crazy. SHUT UP, YOU!!! NO! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!!

Doc77
03-30-2008, 09:16 PM

the other day he haid a sig that moved around that said"muhaha" so quik it hurt, then sumone said it was seizure inducing

Studies have shown that rapidly flashing lights can cause the brain to over-discharge and essentially make the brain go haywire...rapidly discharging of neurons, if it occurs in the motor cortex, manifests as seizures :D If you've ever noticed, video games companies are now required to put that warning on all their games.

Stick with anno for all the reasons that the guys above have said. As for the anodizer list that King-man linked, stay away from PB Customz....I had problems with them and ended up with nothing but headaches. My brother has stuff done by 125 Customs, and they did a great job and turnaround was just over 1 week. Prices were reasonable too. Mkriegs (on PBN) does good work at a good price as well.

M0nk3ydr01d
04-03-2008, 08:25 PM
http://www.ottersccustoms.com/paint.html

thats how i did mine, but the paint does chip somewhat easily

DUDE!! That "Click Me If You Dare" on your sig was hilarious... Annoying but Hilarious. You got me laughing in my seat in the middle of the night. You Got Rick Roll'd... hehehe classic!!