PDA

View Full Version : Another Noob Question: FPS

adamlee1186
03-13-2008, 11:51 AM
Can anyone tell me what the MR3 is dialed at for FPS.. straight out of the box? There's backyard game this Sunday, and I want to use my new MR3, but the place we go to get chrono'd is closed till Monday. I don't imagine it's too safe to shoot without knowing what you're dialed at, so if no one knows, I'll just use my backup, and wait till monday to get my MR3 dialed in.

If someone does know, and it's not over 285, then I'll go ahead and use my MR3.

Thanks in advance for the help.
I'm not trying to be unsafe or anything.
Just want to go out there with something other than my shutter for once..heh.

king-man
03-13-2008, 02:28 PM
im not sure but id doubt its over 300, 285 is probably about but they may not pay any attentin when they put it togeather

VS3 Sniper
03-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Some spyders have come out of the box shooting 300 + fps. I wouldn't use it without checking the fps. Its just not worth indangering someones vision and/or life just to use ur new gun. Thats just my 2 cents tho.

bigred76
03-13-2008, 03:04 PM
285fps is what they come set from Kingman in SoCal, using HPA. If you're not using HPA and are not in SoCal, it most likely WILL be different. Use a different gun until you can get it chronographed DURING the day of play. It isn't safe at all to chrono one day and shoot the next in different conditions without a chrono. You might as well have not chrono'd it in the first place! :rolleyes:

adamlee1186
03-13-2008, 03:09 PM
alright..

I figured on using my oldie anyway.. but Come to find out that the place we chrono isn't closed all weekend.. just Saturday.. which is odd, but works.. cause we'll play Sunday afternoon, and chrono that morning.

Crisis Averted.

Thanks for the quick response.

king-man
03-13-2008, 03:33 PM
we never used to chrono our guns( back in the day with tippies) we just left them alone, but they werent shooting but about 290 when we first got them chronod, ahh, woodsballing those were the days( back in 2001)

SpyderMan723
03-14-2008, 07:01 AM
Can anyone tell me what the MR3 is dialed at for FPS.. straight out of the box? There's backyard game this Sunday, and I want to use my new MR3, but the place we go to get chrono'd is closed till Monday. I don't imagine it's too safe to shoot without knowing what you're dialed at, so if no one knows, I'll just use my backup, and wait till monday to get my MR3 dialed in.

If someone does know, and it's not over 285, then I'll go ahead and use my MR3.

Thanks in advance for the help.
I'm not trying to be unsafe or anything.
Just want to go out there with something other than my shutter for once..heh.

use a human chrono, shoot your buddies, lower the velocity/increse it and ask which hurt the most:p

:dodgy:

adamlee1186
03-14-2008, 10:37 AM
hey-hey!

Now THAT'S an Idea!!

I've got some Co-workers that'd make good candidates for such a test..

lol..

tumtum00
03-15-2008, 01:58 PM
well playing all day you should chrono your gun atleast twice that day if not every couple games. Especially starting on a cold morning you will turn your gun up and when the temp rises you will see it is shooting too hard, due to the temp change, you should always chrono your gun at the start of the day, and mid day, and later if you are still playing. If you play at any real fields they will make you chrono throughout the day to see how they are shooting.

adamlee1186
03-18-2008, 12:11 AM
the field I play at Here on the border of Iowa/Illinois, they have us dial in once. this winter.. it doesn't really get warmer as the day progresses. it bottoms out, then gets colder, actually. my marker starts shooting snow then just sorta fizzles out, then's a piece of crap, entirely. I'm not sure why I'd have to chrono multiple times, especially when I can't use it longer than a couple hours anyway.. but this raises a good question(in my book, I suppose.)

What other factors, other than temperature, affect a marker's ability to maintain a steady fps-rate? I'll go ahead and use the forum's search ability, but if there's anything that doesn't seem to be all-inclusive in some other post, I'd appreciate hearing it.

Thanks again for your time, and take care

Lonus
04-04-2008, 03:56 AM
For long strings of fire you can't beat HPA. Even in hot weather you will have shootdown with co2 after long strings of fire. This is one reason going lp is a great mod if you are stuck with co2.