PDA

View Full Version : Just a very general question..

leed
03-12-2008, 11:05 AM
A little late, but I've only come to think about it now, well come to ask...

I am a noob, and am not sure if this is the right place, nor if it has been explained.. But worse comes to worse is I get banned. :banned: :lol:

Pretty general, but why did Kingman rename themselves Spyder?

Or I guess, I should ask, why does Kingman have a daughter company named Spyder when Kingman no longer has any products that are "under their name?"

bigred76
03-12-2008, 12:13 PM
The second one's right, and noone has any clue why Spyder still has Kingman except to work on the BC line. ;)

DFSniper
03-12-2008, 12:27 PM
i think thats why they changed the forum name too, because "kingman" was a too general term?? i mean, java and raven dont really have an impact on the paintball scene right now.

xsgmike66x
03-12-2008, 02:12 PM
A little late, but I've only come to think about it now....

I am a noob.

thats begging to be sigged...

Hossy
03-12-2008, 02:17 PM
say what?

DFSniper
03-12-2008, 02:44 PM
The second one's right, and noone has any clue why Spyder still has Kingman except to work on the BC line. ;)

THIS BC line??
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/DFSniper/Paintball%20Misc%20Pics/Sascha-BCreleasedate2.gif

i bet they were so limited edition that they sold out before the magazines could get their hands on the news that it was finally coming out...

irishwarrior
03-12-2008, 02:53 PM
I think it's so the company can distance their products from each other. And that means they can have more different types of markers, with each daughter company specializing, therefor making better markers. It also means if people don't like Ravens and don't want to buy anything made by Raven, they may still buy things made by Spyder.

PS: Sorry if it's hard to understand, it's hard for me to get my thoughts down so people understand them.

HelpDeskHustler
03-12-2008, 02:58 PM
because nobody ever said "oh you have a kingman" they always said "oh you have a spyder". They want people to identify the company as easily as one does with tippmann.

leed
03-12-2008, 03:57 PM
Yeah.. Hmm... Maybe.. Maybe that's why no one buys Autocockers anymore.

I suppose it is nifty to just have a sect of a company be the title of a product name too.