PDA

View Full Version : FPS fluctuations with HPA ??

SkinWalk3r
03-11-2008, 02:52 PM
I am using an X-Radar Chrono. Running HPA 68/4300. I seem to be bouncing between 270 - 312 !!!!!! why would this be and how do I cure it. Using a remote BTW

DFSniper
03-11-2008, 02:54 PM
get a regulator/higher flowing valve. thats about the only thing you can do about it.

SpyderMan723
03-11-2008, 02:57 PM
get a regulator/higher flowing valve. thats about the only thing you can do about it.

:yeahthat:

Hpa doesn't guarantee steady pressure, its just a better air source for your marker.

BL torp's are pretty cheap, and they look like they will fit under the handguard.. ill tell ya when mine gets here

-Tj

DFSniper
03-11-2008, 03:17 PM
if you're using HPA, get a CP since it has the fitting in the bottom already.

SkinWalk3r
03-11-2008, 06:52 PM
regulator/higher flowing valve are they the same thing or two different things ?

DFSniper
03-11-2008, 06:54 PM
different things. a good reg, as listed above, and a 32* magnaport valve should help a lot.

SkinWalk3r
03-11-2008, 07:16 PM
so what does this valve do...how much work is involved AND where is a good place to buy it. Is there one made specifically for the MR2 or can I use a Spyder one ?

DFSniper
03-11-2008, 07:21 PM
its pretty much a milled-out spyder valve. they're $10 without the valve pin and $15 with the valve pin. just about any online site (except actionvillage) sells them. try compulsivepaintball.com or ebay.

druid
03-11-2008, 08:01 PM
wait wait wait...

Your MR is electro right? Did you happen to mess with any dwell settings of the board? Too low of a dwell setting will cause high fluctuations over a chrono.

Also, is there an inline reg on it? If so, you may need to tear it down, clean and regrease it.

SkinWalk3r
03-12-2008, 04:47 AM
"dwell settings of the board" ???????????????? I have no idea what that is. I have never made any changes to the board. Are they physical switch settings or programming settings. I am just asking becuase I took the whole thing out while cleaning and I want to make sure I didnt knock anything on or off ?

SkinWalk3r
03-12-2008, 04:48 AM
As far as a regulator goes...I dont want to get one that fits to the MR directly as I want to be able to use my air for my TIPPy as well. So I want to be able to put it directly on the tank. Do they make one like that ?

What should I look for -type ? ratings ? etc.

SkinWalk3r
03-12-2008, 05:44 AM
the more I read about this the more it makes me wary. It seems there is a lot more to it than just adding a regulator and high flow valve. It appears I also need Valve springs changed and "change the lines too ??".....<sigh> I am a little frustrated mainly becuase of a lack of knowledge about this....

Lonus
03-14-2008, 09:50 AM
If you are running a remote you can just screw a torpedo into your asa, you could also do this for your tippy. You can also get a palmers to go right off your tank (little pricey). If you are thinking of going lp you need to read otters pages first. Sundragon also has a good right up on going lp with a MR spyder. It would seem that the madmann rocket valve is the best choice for the MRs because of the built in valve spring. To the best of my knowledge there are not after market valve springs for the MRs available. I am getting ready to go lp on my mr2 using a drilled out stock valve and a torpedo I already have. If I can't get it tuned with that valve I am going with the rocket. I can let you know how it goes.

*just reread your post didn't see you were using hpa, you could put any good male threaded reg in your asa and use a remote. What kind of tank are you using? What knid of reg is on it?

SkinWalk3r
03-14-2008, 11:05 AM
I have a Pure Energy 68/4500 HPA tank. I have a Palmer inline stab, that goes on the remote by the tank like you mentioned, on the way. I jsut have the stock valve in there. Think I'll need the high flow valve for sure ? I DONT want to go LPA ....too much work....

Lonus
03-16-2008, 07:14 PM
With the stock valve you might get the pressure down to 600 psi. If you want to go lower I think you will need a new valve.

SkinWalk3r
03-17-2008, 04:51 AM
got it...

1Shot_1Kill
08-10-2009, 02:55 PM
should one go with just the 32* valve or get the whole kit for the few extra dollars.

this is for a gen 1 mr2 with cp reg and hpa

thanks

battlechaser
08-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Probably best to make your own thread.. this one is a year old.