PDA

View Full Version : Pump Tips

1shot1kill
03-10-2008, 08:09 PM
so my neighbor has a 20-23 year old Hammer and is letting me borrow it this weekend. I have bever played with a pump before. Is there any tips anyone can give me about playing with a pump gun.

Lenny17
03-11-2008, 12:40 PM
I've only played with my Hammer a couple times, but it certainly requires some different tactics, especially if you are playing against semis.

The biggest thing to remember is that you don't have much of a rate of fire. So if you take a pot shot at someone, they can take 5 back before you are ready to shoot again. So your best bet is to get closer, and make sure your shots count. You'll also find that moving a lot makes a big difference. Moving sideways to get a better angle on someone behind a bunker, or moving forward to flank people will help a lot. Granted, more aggressive play will also get you hit more often, but you'll learn when you should and shouldn't move.

Also, if you are playing with semis, let other players on your team provide a distraction or cover fire. This will let you move around, because people don't pay a whole lot of attention to the guy that is flinging as much paint. Then, before they know it, you have a perfect shot on them, and they never see it coming.

Lastly, don't be afraid of the autotrigger. People will assume that since you are using a pump, you can't shoot that fast. But the autotrigger (meaning you just hold the trigger, and it fires as you pump) will still let you get decent rates of fire. Maybe not as fast as a semi, but fast enough to make people think twice.

Have fun!

XSiv Force
03-11-2008, 01:38 PM
DONT GET HIT!!!!!! That should help a litle

pinkanese
03-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Argh, I hate playing with a Hammer, having to make sure you cocked it back far enough to feed a ball, then worrying if you got two in the breech, then having to worry having chopped that half a ball that just slid into the breach. And worst of all having to pull the pump arm forward, that kills me. Nope Hammers jsut can't beet a Spump. But by all means have fun.