PDA

View Full Version : Sudden idea...

bigred76
03-09-2008, 10:52 PM
OK, I heard earlier on today that Trinity made a feedneck that you could modify a Trilogy or '04 Prostock (the kind I'm dealing with) body to put a clamping feedneck on it. The unfortunate part is... Trinity doesn't make them anymore. I was thinking on this dilemma, going over my options as I REALLY hate the non-adjustability of the press-fit feednecks. Couldn't I do the same modification (cut off the feedneck but leave a little bit sticking out) and use an Ego feedneck? Those feednecks spout from every corner of my local paintball shop, they're so common! I just don't know about the size in the base of the feedneck to allow it to go onto the part of the feedneck I'll have sticking up. I'd have to ream the top of the feedneck on the Autococker body and sand it real smooth so that the balls wouldn't break, and I believe I could make it smaller in OD if I needed to. My main question is: can someone measure the base of an Ego feedneck's ID (Inside Diameter) and the depth (amount of material I'd need sticking up)?

If this won't work, I might just have to talk to FBM about installing a Hooker feedneck on it... Which I REALLY don't want to do as it costs more than I really want to spend ($30 for the feedneck, $25 for the install, all plus shipping! Talk about raping people on prices!), and I don't like FBM that much at all.

Thoughts? Intelligent comments?

vikingshadow
03-10-2008, 03:46 AM
I made an Ego feedneck for my spimmy. The hardest part is that the original feedneck wasn't wide enough and it has to have major modificiation just for it to sit without wobbling. Milling a couple of oring groves is the best option, but it's extremely difficult to get a groove cut into a thin piece of aluminum, equal depth all the way around, without compromising the strength of the feedneck.

In have the measurements in my spimmy link, if you want to look at them - but no inner or outer measurements.

bigred76
03-10-2008, 08:32 AM
Yeah, That was my thought as well. I remember well your issues with the Ego feedneck. :D The rubber hosing might work for me as well, if that ends up being the case.

Another option would be to cut the stock feedneck with slots, and get a lever lock for it (hose clamps are too ghetto for me!), they sell them on PB Kingdom for Cyborg feednecks to replace the stock non-lever adjustment, and I'd bet that'd fit, even if it did require a longer set screw for the clamp.

battlechaser
03-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Yeah, That was my thought as well. I remember well your issues with the Ego feedneck. :D The rubber hosing might work for me as well, if that ends up being the case.

Another option would be to cut the stock feedneck with slots, and get a lever lock for it (hose clamps are too ghetto for me!), they sell them on PB Kingdom for Cyborg feednecks to replace the stock non-lever adjustment, and I'd bet that'd fit, even if it did require a longer set screw for the clamp.

Personally that'd be the way I'd do it. only prob you may run into is the lock sliding down every time you take the hopper off. but really.. that isn't much of a problem.

DFSniper
03-10-2008, 02:27 PM
solve that by making 2-3 tiny dots of jbweld just below the lock to hold it up.

bigred76
03-10-2008, 03:37 PM
Man... That's ghetto-er than I wanted, but I hadn't thought of that... Hmmm... Shouldn't be too bad of a problem for me, I just don't want it TOO ghetto! I'll have to take out my jigsaw to do it... I am far too lazy for a hacksaw job.

Thanks guys, I'da completely overlooked that!

DFSniper
03-10-2008, 03:43 PM
thats what we're here for! one ghetto mod after another!