PDA

View Full Version : Shady's MR2 Project

Pages : [1] 2

slim and shady
03-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Take a look at my Sig and let me know what you think!

SpyderMan723
03-09-2008, 06:24 PM
New MR2 Project
MR2 with eye
Verc T board With eyes
Saw stock
Custom shroud, to fit 1" barrels
G36 shroud
M16/M4 carry hadel with detachable scope rail
MR series grips
Scepter 4000A grenade launcher(If I can ever find one)
Q-loader 500rnd kit (Got it)
Low-blow bolt (Got it)
BT16 barrel shroud (Got it)
Progressive 14" barrel (Got it)
Rail kit (Got it)
Custom Fake supressor (Got it)

T board: Dunno how you feel about infrared eyes but they only way to test that they work is to stick your finger in there lol

Saw Stock:ehh kinda ugly imo but may be good for using a sight

Custom shroud:I have my MR2 shroud still kickin around.. i have no use for it PM me if you're interested in it

slim and shady
03-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Pming!

slim and shady
03-09-2008, 06:36 PM
I thought that the gun istself wouldnt look great because of the grenade launcher it will be husky and bulky looking kinda like a Frankin-Spyder with the adition of the G36 mod. Out of all the stocks I thought that the Saw would look the best with what im doing to the marker, other stocks are probably more practical but I dont think would look as good on the marker. Another thing is that I havnt seen a MR2 with a saw stock so it will be more unique.
I think that the T board will be a great adition, Im excited about this projec and am expecting big resaults. The only thing I dont know is where to get a small army to pack the heavy beast around!

1Blyth1
03-09-2008, 06:44 PM
thats an awesome list dude post some pics when your done, i wanna see this badboy

SpyderMan723
03-09-2008, 06:48 PM
Another thing is that I havnt seen a MR2 with a saw stock so it will be more unique.

I've seen one on an MR2 i think the dudes name was tigerwolf or something, theres a pic in the pic thread, he has that stock, ak ex chamber mr2 rail etc

slim and shady
03-09-2008, 06:57 PM
I will be sure to throw up pics as I go along.
And I forgot to ad the Trinity X chamber to my list will do that shortly thanks for the reminder where abouts through that long thread is the pic? I was hoping you would know the page!

SpyderMan723
03-09-2008, 07:01 PM
ill find it for yee:D

SpyderMan723
03-09-2008, 07:09 PM
lol you're the one who posted the picture of it

HERE its in the middle (http://spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=15258&highlight=tigerwolf)

slim and shady
03-09-2008, 07:20 PM
I forgot about that thread intirly(SP) I was thinking of the post a pic of your MR2 thread. Whats goin on with your MR2 still having trouble?
Thanks for the link it's still loading so i havnt seen it yet.

kramernator
03-09-2008, 07:25 PM
that will look pretty cool
you know what will make it better,
if you get a M16/M4 carry handle instead of a M16/M4 carry hadel ;)

slim and shady
03-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Never was much for spelling!

DFSniper
03-09-2008, 07:36 PM
i think the car stock would be a lot more function over form than the saw stock.

KingTutBaller
03-09-2008, 07:42 PM
i think you'll like the SAW stock, i have the special ops commando stock, and the product is great. if you're not into the car stocks these will definately add a cool look to your marker. I think that the saw stock will suit the look, like you said, with it looking all beefy, but we'll never know till it's on there. On the other hand, I'm personally not a big fan of the saw stock but if you're going for something unique, it will definately stick out from the sea of car stocks out there.

SpyderMan723
03-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Whats goin on with your MR2 still having trouble?

not so much trouble just i need new parts.

need to send the board back to SD, and i need to buy a new car stock... its a shame because i got it for christmas..:(

but once i have it up and running it should be flawless... i hope.. :cool:

ill show you a pic of it as it sits right now..

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n36/xxMikeRotchxx/Picture0021.jpg
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n36/xxMikeRotchxx/Picture0022.jpg
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n36/xxMikeRotchxx/Picture0023.jpg

sorry for bad pics, low lighting in my room

slim and shady
03-09-2008, 07:55 PM
I think the SAW is the best choice, the Car stock might have a few more functinable uses but i think it would look real ugly on the marker. I think my next choice would be the commando stock but i still dont think that would fit it as well as the SAW.

well hope you get your parts soon Spyderman.

SpyderMan723
03-09-2008, 08:12 PM
you and me both my friend..

SpyderMan723
03-10-2008, 07:14 AM
Thanks for the link it's still loading so i havnt seen it yet.

you get the pic yet?

ps: how do you like the qloader mounted like that? ill post new pics when i get home from school

slim and shady
03-10-2008, 05:21 PM
I got the pic and decided on the SAW stock i think it will fit just nice, really need my proshop to get back to me though so I can get my new MR2 ordered and then grab the board, might even grab the stock this month too. Next month grab the expansion chamber and whatnot, only thing im worried about is the Launcher.
I like the Q-loader like that so much so in fact that this morning before i went to work I designed my own bracket to attach mine direct to the feedneck as well. I may have to get the same end you have though cuz it looks kinda funny having the big ear sticking out the front. I was gonna take pics but dont have my camra so i cant. i think that will get ride of alot more potential problem with the loader too getting rid of more hoses and fittings.

StoneSolid
03-10-2008, 05:23 PM
I like the original stock, just cut off the top bar so you can get your head down the sights.

slim and shady
03-10-2008, 06:17 PM
Wouldnt go with the look of the gun at all.

SpyderMan723
03-11-2008, 06:07 AM
i think that will get rid of alot more potential problem with the loader too getting rid of more hoses and fittings.

welcome to my world :)

slim and shady
03-11-2008, 06:42 PM
I havnt got a chance to try it yet though i have been playing pump. Im not to worried anyway until i can get my new MR2 and start throwing the money at it still havnt heard from my pro shop tactical paintball isnt getting them for another week and im very impatient!

SpyderMan723
03-12-2008, 05:03 AM
im very impatient!

same here, im just too cheap to pay for fast shipping:D

but i PM'd you yesterday, dunno if you read it or not

slim and shady
03-12-2008, 05:15 PM
pmd you back didnt get it? incase you never, I dont think the shroud will help me with what im trying to do but i apreciate it none the less.

SpyderMan723
03-12-2008, 05:36 PM
pmd you back didnt get it? incase you never, I dont think the shroud will help me with what im trying to do but i apreciate it none the less.

alright man, well the offer is always on the table

slim and shady
03-13-2008, 01:19 PM
Ok well the gun is on its way now and should be here in a few days! Sweet deal the project is getting kicked off! I also grabed a set of MR wrap around grips, as soon as my question is answeard I may even grab the board!

I have a question for those who may know.....
Are the Verc T board and the vertue board the same thing???????
I have only heard of the Tado board or the Verc T board, so i thought that may be the same as the vertue??

slim and shady
03-13-2008, 02:05 PM
Decided to just go ahead and grab the SAW stock as well, still need the board question answeard though thanks!

dynastykiller08
03-13-2008, 04:33 PM
im 90 percent sure it's two different things but i got that from google so i dont know???? but as far as boards go i see your putting together a pretty cool project im doing the same and i have the tadao board/w chip and it rips...i love it wanna know more hit me up, and there cheaper than the other boards(at least i got it cheaper

slim and shady
03-13-2008, 07:01 PM
Ok I just might, I think I would like to stick to the VerC T board though supposed to be the best of the best and i want to go all out on this one but we will see thanks for the offer.

SpyderMan723
03-14-2008, 06:37 AM
I like the VerC.. but with virtue i guess you can calculate your ROF etc..

not much difference really, i like SD's customer service.

and the VerC isn't really all that programmable compared to the Virtue

slim and shady
03-14-2008, 12:03 PM
I think that I will stick to the Verc, can you use the eyes that come with the gun or do you have to buy new ones that match the board?

slim and shady
03-16-2008, 10:11 AM
I dont know now the only difference i can see between the two boards is that the Vertue is more custumizable (SP) to the user by setting your own ROF's and ramping rates. I may just grab this board now seeing as how its more commonly availeble to me here and in all rights seems a little better. The only thing im unsure on is if it will fit the MR2? Why hasnt anyone put it in there gun before?

I also heard that Trinity has a M16 mag out now so i will probably get that one in stead of the Ak.
I am having trouble locating a G36 OLD STYLE shroud. The new ones slip right over the marker and wont work. If anyone knows where I can get the old style G36 top rail(carry handel) I would apreciate if they let me know.

Found A scepter, problem is that it is for an A-5 and its a barrel attachment style. I would have to chop the barrel off or see it i could get the right threads machined on there. If I couldnt get the threads machined I would have to come up with a custom mounting method. My home mods are rather ugly and i am not sure i would want to take that route, so then i might be forced to get the Tippmann ordinance launcher but thats and extra 200$.

That is where I am sitting right now, when things change I will let you know. And again if anyone knows where to get the old G36 new or used I would apreciate it.

SpyderMan723
03-16-2008, 12:32 PM
I dont know now the only difference i can see between the two boards is that the Vertue is more custumizable (SP) to the user by setting your own ROF's and ramping rates. I may just grab this board now seeing as how its more commonly availeble to me here and in all rights seems a little better. The only thing im unsure on is if it will fit the MR2? Why hasnt anyone put it in there gun before?
-The Virtue board can be used with ALL spyder markers

I also heard that Trinity has a M16 mag out now so i will probably get that one in stead of the Ak.
I am having trouble locating a G36 OLD STYLE shroud. The new ones slip right over the marker and wont work. If anyone knows where I can get the old style G36 top rail(carry handel) I would apreciate if they let me know.
-The trinity M16 mag..I Don't think it would work as good as the AK mag and I say this only because if you look at the M16 mag it screws into the little stubby adapter thing on the body and leaves a gap between the marker and the mag. But seeing as you are the king of DIY you could make a skirt for it or something out of wood.

What do you mean by G36 shroud? I know you can grab a G36 X7 rail at AVI but i dont think it will work because there isnt enough rail.

Found A scepter, problem is that it is for an A-5 and its a barrel attachment style. I would have to chop the barrel off or see it i could get the right threads machined on there. If I couldnt get the threads machined I would have to come up with a custom mounting method. My home mods are rather ugly and i am not sure i would want to take that route, so then i might be forced to get the Tippmann ordinance launcher but thats and extra 200$.
-I have no idea what a scepter is but I know Rap4 makes M203 launchers for Spyders that attach to barrels/shrouds

That is where I am sitting right now, when things change I will let you know. And again if anyone knows where to get the old G36 new or used I would apreciate it.

:)

slim and shady
03-16-2008, 08:27 PM
Well Viper just solved alot of my problems finding me the G36 raised rail, it wont fit the MR2 either thats why there is a need for a custom shroud and being you have to do that you may as well make it to fit all barrels right. He hooked me up with alot of info on that and how he did his to witch is a GREAT help.
I feel this project is finally starting to come together now. Tommorow morning I will order the rail and then set my mind to the creation of the shroud.

I think i will get the Vertue board it seems more adjusteble.

The reason i want a Scepter or a ordinance launcher is they shoot sergical tub grenades or waterballoons not the "shootgun" effects that the RAP 4 ones do. If im lugin the weight around I want it to at least be effective!

slim and shady
03-17-2008, 06:07 PM
well tommorow I am buying the fallowing

-Vertue board with eyes
-Trinity X chamber
-G36 rail

So the only thing I will have left for the project is the launcher and the custom shroud.

slim and shady
03-18-2008, 09:34 AM
ok I got the fallowing

-G36 rail
-AR15 site riser
-Vertue Board with eyes
-Trinity expansion chamber (AK) and all appropriate fittings

I also realised that i am going to need a 16" barrel not a 14" because of the custom shroud, so I am in the prossess of getting one from Maverick
its a 16” Sniper CMI Tru-Flight Straight Rifled & Muzzled Barrel w/fitted Dye Sight rail. But I will take off the site rail.

The only thing left for the project now is the custom rail and the Grenade launcher I will probably buy that tonight and the only thing left will be the custom shroud.

slim and shady
03-18-2008, 07:58 PM
ok tommorow I am going to order the derlin block for my battle shroud, then take it to a machinest I know to have it custom made, to be honest if I could get it as close as possible to vipers i would be more then happy!
So thats the next step, let you know when something new transpires, but im waiting on alot of parts so it may go a lil dead for a wial.

propaintballer2378
03-19-2008, 12:05 PM
How much does the MR2 weigh with the stock off?

slim and shady
03-19-2008, 06:39 PM
Weight: 4.25 9For the MR2 W/eye I got this outta Facefull magazine) So without the stock something like 4LBS.

I thought everything was going great with this project then....... The company i bought the derlin from this morning left a message when i got home from work saying that they actually no longer ship internationaly. So now I either have to find some place that does ship to canada or find another way to have it shipped up here if anyone can help me out let me know!
Also My MR2 came with a faulty battery so I had to have a new one shipped out to. That is where I am at right now.

dynastykiller08
03-19-2008, 09:13 PM
hey shady pm me i might be able to help you with the bolt

slim and shady
03-19-2008, 09:50 PM
The derlin I needed was for a custom battle shroud similer to the one ViperX made for his MR2, not a bolt. Thanks anyway though.

dynastykiller08
03-19-2008, 09:56 PM
i was talking helping with shipping i know i dont have the part...

SpyderMan723
03-20-2008, 07:36 AM
Viper gave you the measurements for his shroud?

thats sick, wish I could make something custom like that but i dont have anywhere to mount it

slim and shady
03-20-2008, 06:27 PM
Hey Dynasty thanks alot for the offer I really apreciate it! I would have taken you up on it but Viper wrote and said i could send it to him and he would custom make it for me (i dont have the tools) of corse I didnt hesitate to accept! So this gun is gonna have a sweet CUSTOM VIPERX BATTLE SHROUD! I can hardly contain my excitment! Well i guess i better get back to the grind stone, damn home renovations cutting in to my PB time!
Let you all know when somethingn new transpires.

dynastykiller08
03-20-2008, 07:34 PM
no prob any time brojst helpin out...

propaintballer2378
03-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Does any one know where and how much it is to buy new battery wires for my XSV Vlocity?

1Blyth1
03-23-2008, 01:05 PM
the g36 shroud fits?

slim and shady
03-23-2008, 08:21 PM
The G36 fits any 7/8 rail, HOWEVER it is about 1" longer then the MR2 rail hence one of the many reasons I have to get the custom derlin battle shroud.
So to answear your question NO it wont just fit on the MR2 without some custom moding.

slim and shady
03-25-2008, 08:54 PM
well here is what is happening with the project, waiting on the derlin for the shroud, then that will commence. I have about 400 for the launcher with about 200 left to go before I can buy it. i decided to go with the Tippmann ordinance launcher. They are still sold in stores so it is easier to get one, and they shoot water balloons (Inside a cardboard breakaway shell) instead of special sergical tube grenades that could get costly. When more happens i will let you know.

slim and shady
03-29-2008, 03:00 PM
So I put the new vertue board in my gun with laser eyes and this thing rips its crazy. The board itself is extreamly programable as well that is a huge help. Its easy to switch modes and customise the settings. Im happy I ended up going with the vertue board. I hade to drill a hole in hte back of the trigger frame though for the charging port. Other then that it was a breeze to instal as well.

KingTutBaller
04-02-2008, 11:02 PM
gotta get some new pics up :D

slim and shady
04-03-2008, 06:11 PM
I was holding out on pics until i was all done! I wanted the ohhhh ahhhh affect! But I have run into the most unfortinate surcumstanses(SP???) My truck broke down and cost me 1600 to get it fixed so now I am working my but off to try to keep this gun project on schedual. Hopefully It will be compleate at the end of the month though I may have to wait a little longer to get my launcher:(

But as soon as I can I will throw up pics. I am currently still waiting on th x chamber to arrive as well as the AR15 riser too. The shroud is still in progress and im so excited about that one this set up is gonna be killer.
Then all I have left is the launcher but i hope i can still grab that too.

DFSniper
04-03-2008, 06:20 PM
that sucks. my mini spyder project is on hold too. once i find out how much my traffic fine is tomorrow, i'll know if i'll be able to start it anytime soon.

slim and shady
04-03-2008, 06:26 PM
I may throw up a few pics without the launcher if I have to wait but if i can i would like to wait till I have it for full shock effect. I dunno darn priorities anyway!

mr1 sniper
04-03-2008, 06:50 PM
Hopefully It will be compleate at the end of the month though I may have to wait a little longer to get my launcher

dun worry its k. we'll wait for lawn chair

slim and shady
04-04-2008, 05:47 PM
ohhh I just thought of something i am going to have to make some sort of skirt to cover the eye wires when I put the X chamber on. The forgrip will be gone and with it the means of covering them. Anyone have any ideas?

TheDarkShadow
04-04-2008, 06:50 PM
mod timmy eye covers to fit, possibly

slim and shady
04-05-2008, 07:04 AM
Not familier with how they look, i will have to look it up, thanks for the idea any others?

SpyderMan723
04-05-2008, 07:28 AM
ohhh I just thought of something i am going to have to make some sort of skirt to cover the eye wires when I put the X chamber on. The forgrip will be gone and with it the means of covering them. Anyone have any ideas?

What I did: (uber ghetto) I use like 4 layers of duct tape and taped over the eye wires and then sharpied the tape so it didnt look totally ghetto

DFSniper
04-05-2008, 07:29 AM
just use electrical tape.

timmy covers might work, but you'd have to completely flatten them first.

slim and shady
04-05-2008, 07:47 AM
I am not sure about the tape I would have to see what it looks like I dont want to make it look ugly either i think what i might have to do is get the ambition to custom make my aluminum eyes early and make them is some weird design that covers the the eyes and detents as well as the wire.
However the side of the marker with the feedneck has the eye cover attached direct to the feedneck so i would have to mod that in some way as well. I guess I will just have to sit down and draw a deign that fits and works then stencel (SP) it onto the aluminum. Im not sure what kind of design but i guess it will have to flow with the marker cover everything and look ok.
Any ideas for that?

DFSniper
04-05-2008, 07:59 AM
get some cheap tac rails, and then mill them for eyes, detent, etc.

slim and shady
04-05-2008, 08:07 AM
I dont think that tac rails would be wide enough to cover the wires to.
I thought even of moding the top part of the stock forgrip to fit somehow but i dont want to cheepn the marker or its looks either. I think I may have to make the custom covers either out of aluminum or darlin.
Have any ideas for a design or any other ideas how to beat this problem?

interceptorMR2
04-05-2008, 08:19 AM
boy i cant wait to see pics of this, this is gonna look pretty sick.

slim and shady
04-05-2008, 08:24 AM
Havnt seen you in a wial Interceptor, have any ideas on how to solve my eye cover problems?

interceptorMR2
04-05-2008, 08:30 AM
nope not a clue lol sorry, I haven't done too much of the freelance modding myself just because when i do, i usually break things and then my dad thinks i mod too much.... which is impossible !!!

do you think maybe making a custom wood part and painting it black or something would work? you'd hafta make some measurements of course, but it might work(mebe?!?)

slim and shady
04-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Well i made a template for the eye covers its an Apache warriors head, it turned out ok but on the marker I think that it is a little to large and im not sure if im gonna keep it or make a different design. most things I think look to big on there but it has to be large enough to cover the eye wires so im not sure how its gonna turn out in the end.

slim and shady
04-05-2008, 02:00 PM
I also just realised that i never took into account the portion of the barrel that threaded into the marker so now the barrel is to short and i am on the lookout for another one. This project is getting more and more expensive everytime i turn around. So if anyone has a cheep 18-20+ inch barrel they wanna sell cheep let me know.

HavocNC
04-05-2008, 03:50 PM
Like how long are the wires for the eyes I maybe able to come up with an idea.

slim and shady
04-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Well im going to assum that you have seen an MR3 or a MR2 W/eye. The wires I need covered run from the eye covers down underneith the forgrip and to the bottom of the marker. When I have to take the forgrip off to put on the X chamber they will be showing. so the distance would be at an angle from the eye covers to the bottom of the frame. Hope you come up with something more constructive than I did!

slim and shady
04-05-2008, 05:36 PM
oh I also bought a smart parts 20" tactical barrel so that problem is fixed again.

HavocNC
04-05-2008, 05:42 PM
Well I drew sumtin up wondering if the this is how the eye wire went but I do not know how to upload images. How do you upload?

slim and shady
04-05-2008, 05:47 PM
you go to "Go advanced" its a button right below were you type your text once there click on the little symbol that looks like a mountin and sun. find were it is on your computer click on it and push upload your done!

HavocNC
04-05-2008, 05:57 PM
OK I guess IM a bigger tard than I thought. lol but I still do not get it I go to advanced and click the mountain thing but I get something where it wants me to type in a internet address. I still do not get it.

HavocNC
04-05-2008, 06:07 PM
http://Eye Diagram 2

slim and shady
04-05-2008, 06:07 PM
yeah thats what its doing for me to now last time I uploaded a pic thatis how it was done. Anyone else know how to do it or whats going on???

bigred76
04-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Ok, the "mountain" thing is basically a representation of a landscape picture. When you click it, it will bring up a pop-up for the URL of the image you want to show.

You need to register on a photo uploading website, I prefer www.photobucket.com, but there are many out there. Click the browse button in the uploader on Photobucket in the middle near the top on your album page, and show it where the picture file is on your computer. Then, when it's uploaded, you can click the link for the direct image and use the "mountain" button here and paste the link in, or click the link for the [IMG} tags and paste it directly into your reply.

slim and shady
04-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Ok, the "mountain" thing is basically a representation of a landscape picture. When you click it, it will bring up a pop-up for the URL of the image you want to show.

You need to register on a photo uploading website, I prefer www.photobucket.com, but there are many out there. Click the browse button in the uploader on Photobucket in the middle near the top on your album page, and show it where the picture file is on your computer. Then, when it's uploaded, you can click the link for the direct image and use the "mountain" button here and paste the link in, or click the link for the [IMG} tags and paste it directly into your reply.

how long ago did they switch it over???? It hasnt bein that long since I uploaded I pic?

bigred76
04-05-2008, 06:47 PM
It's been that way as long as I can remember...

slim and shady
04-05-2008, 06:52 PM
The last time I uploaded a pic it was strait off my computer onto this page, it wasnt that long ago. What the heck did I do different then that im not doin now I wonder? Is there a way to still upload direct off your PC to this page?

bigred76
04-05-2008, 07:01 PM
I know there's probably a way to attach images, but I never use it as it is a pain for all the members viewing the thread to open the links to view them. It's much easier to just put up the picture on a photo webhost and have it show up from there.

DFSniper
04-05-2008, 08:18 PM
wow... what happened to the "attach file" button??? because i know thats what you guys are looking for.

slim and shady
04-06-2008, 09:43 AM
Thats the one now im lost I always loved the convenience of it. now its gone :(

Hey DF did you eve find out how much your fines were?

DFSniper
04-06-2008, 12:36 PM
tomorrow. i thought it was friday, but i had the dates mixed up.

slim and shady
04-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Well back on topic, the shroud is lookin crazy sick I think that it is buy far the peice that is going to make this project. Im so excited to throw it on the gun when it is all finished. i have a few more odds and ends to pick up as well such as extra rails and the like. Then its just getting the shroud finished and put on and buying a grenade launcher. So things are still going ok I still have a little time before my absolute deadline of May 11th (I have a scenario that day) But i hope to have it done before the end of the month so i can play a few games withit before hand and make sure all is well. When something new happens I will let you know.

PipeRain
04-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Dude, I can't WAIT to see this project when it is done.

No way its gonna be anything other than spectacular!

bigred76
04-07-2008, 11:31 AM
Out of curiousity, where did you get your rail kit, Shady? It mounts the 3/8" dovetail, right?

Good to hear you're going to a scenario, those are always fun. :)

HavocNC
04-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Shady I may have figure out how to hide the majority of the wire but the eye cover I have not quite figured out yet. Well I was thinking what if you just cut off the Long Stem (What I am calling it for now) that hides the macro line and cut the upperhalf until you can fit the expansion chamber neatly between the tow screw holes on it so that way you can still run the eye wire under that piece and it will still look neat. That is what I have right just a quick thought I had at school about it and just had to post it. I saw the diagram of the MR2 with and this just jumped in my head. So When I got home I sat down and drew it out and figured it just may work. Your lucky I though of this in my last hour and not like my first or I would have forgot. I drew it up and this idea to me did not look half bad. I am no artist but tried my best at drawing it and to me it may give it a little better to the AK clip. Please if this does not work do not be mad at me :):D Remember this is just a thought I do not know the full dimensions of everything but I figured it couldn't be too big, and maybe the shroud will still fit down between the covver.:D :cool:

DFSniper
04-07-2008, 03:46 PM
how about shrink wrapping the wires?

slim and shady
04-07-2008, 05:02 PM
I can wait until this project is done to. To be honest Bigred the rail kit is just 1" rails (2 of them) and I drilled and tapped the original 3/8 rail to fit them. That wont be on this new gun though I went with the AR15 ontop of the G36 rail instead. If you can Havoc throw up a pic and let me take a look all ideas are apreciated! I think that shrinkwrap would help protect the wires alot better DF however im not sure that is the solution im looking for.
I also thought i would make a thread after to "Name that marker" and everyone can throw up ideas on what to name the marker. We put the most popular to a vote and se hwat one wins, what do you guys think?

DFSniper
04-07-2008, 05:40 PM
i'm game!

slim and shady
04-07-2008, 06:21 PM
great I think what I will do is have everyone throw up names, then vote to see what one wins after that anyone who is artistic enough can draw a logo or name emblem (im not sure what to call it but you get the idea) of the name i will compy that design for my new eye cover? I think that would be the perfect way to finish of a great project and thank everyone who helped so much with it.

HavocNC
04-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Hey Slim, Could you tell me the length from the expansion chamber piece that goes into the gun to the left and to the right so I could think this idea through, and hopefully draw it up to see if this Idea would work.

slim and shady
04-08-2008, 06:49 AM
Sorry Havoc im still waiting on shipping for the X chamber it has bein a very very long shipping time. So I havnt recived it in my hands yet but im expecting it anyday. There are pics in the post a pic of your MR2 thread if you wanted to get an idea though.

HavocNC
04-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Alright Shady I uploaded it to photobucket so hopin it works. I know everybody who looks at this the gun is lopsided and what not, so don't jump on my back about it.http://s287.photobucket.com/albums/ll128/HavocNC/?action=view&current=IMG_0003.jpg

slim and shady
04-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Hey thats pretty good you are quit the artist! I got the general idea of what you mean and i thought of that as well. i may even do it that way. Since you are such the artist keep in mind that when im done i will throw up some pics everyone can throw up names for the "Name the marker" portion after that its put to a vote what one wins. Whatever one wins whoever has talent enough to draw or do it on the computer makes a design of the name and i will custom fit that to be the new eye cover!

HavocNC
04-09-2008, 03:39 PM
cool well I think I might already have a name but I will wait for the thread.:D

slim and shady
04-09-2008, 07:43 PM
ok great.

slim and shady
04-12-2008, 09:41 AM
Alright time to upload a picture with this new less convenient method. Before anyone gets excited its not of the finished product it is a picture of my Appachie cheif warrior head eye detent cover. i will use this one until we are at the stage of making the new final one.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll145/slim_and_shady/apachiecheif.jpg?t=1208018427

What do you think? (No im not very artistic!)

irishwarrior
04-12-2008, 12:25 PM
It's pretty good. I can't criticize it because I know it's a heck of a lot better than anything I could draw.

slim and shady
04-12-2008, 01:24 PM
well im havin trouble getting my launche rnow they tell me it's only for tippmanns(Or however the hell its spelled) So I think im gonna have to do some home modifications to get that sucker to work. Thats a real setback. However I think I will buy it on monday and take my chances. There are alot of great minds here and im sure between all of us we can figure out how to make this project work.

DFSniper
04-12-2008, 01:49 PM
is it a rap4 launcher??? i've come up with at least 5 different ways to fit a tippman/SP-1 launcher on a spyder :D

slim and shady
04-13-2008, 04:03 PM
no its a EGL-47 Launcher (it's the eone the US military uses to train there troops) So monday i think im going to buy my launcher. I went coyote hunting this weekend and when I got home one of the water pipes had broke and flooded my new laminant floor I put in so thats gonna cut into the project again. Im starting to get sick of fixing stuff.
Great news....Shroud is 95% done and it's killer hope you all are as excited about this as I am because its just about time for the grand finally(SP?????)The X chamber should be here any day (Im getting so sick of waiting for it) I hope the launcher does not take that long to have sent.

slim and shady
04-13-2008, 04:04 PM
I belive the EGL-47 is the same as a Tippmann Ordinace launcher

slim and shady
04-13-2008, 05:38 PM
A question for all you experianced paintballers. If I buy this launcher even though its tippmann can i get fittings and everything to insure i can hook it up to my spyder? I would emagin Tippmann uses different fittings ect. i have never owned a tippmann product. Can someone help me out with this. I just need to be assured that once I get it i will be able to get fittings and the like to make it rn off a spyder.

bigred76
04-13-2008, 09:53 PM
Should be able to... Only hold up would be the adapter from the Spyder's metric to the industry standard NPT fittings that Tippmann's use.

slim and shady
04-14-2008, 08:08 AM
But I would be able to get, find or rig something up to overcome that right?

slim and shady
04-14-2008, 05:08 PM
Well i have to wait till Wendsday now for my launcher I phoned there but no one there knows anythig at all. I have never talked to a paintball company who hired people who know nothing about anything to do with paintball. So i have to wait and talk to the manager Wendsday apperintly he is the only one who knows anything relating to the products they are selling. That is a setback but as long as I can get it before May 11Th im still on schedual.

bigred76
04-14-2008, 07:13 PM
LOL! Gotta love that.... I never did like their company practices....

As for the adapter, Shocktech is a common company that makes them, but I know that there are many others that do as well. They are a common air fitting. Heck, PM HobbyHorse and ask him for a metric/standard adapter for macro.

slim and shady
04-14-2008, 08:17 PM
I may just do that, but until i can talk to this clown (at exotic sportz) im not getting anyware. Probably will have to wait till the end of this month at this rate. Hope not I really want to see the end product of this project.

slim and shady
04-16-2008, 06:53 PM
I neeed a little more help again. Does anyone know where I can get a EGL-47 (This is the only one im interested in) grenade launcher besides exoticsportz? They have bein screwin me around for like a week now, not returning my calls, no one there knows anythign they say wait for the maneger he will contact you at a specified time and never does. Im just sick of the run around if anyone knows where else i can look to get one I would really apreciate it.

Thanks in advance

dynastykiller08
04-16-2008, 07:27 PM
http://www.doropaintball.com/ab1038101equick/shopexd.asp?id=12459 here you go

slim and shady
04-16-2008, 07:30 PM
Great Thanks Dynasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dynastykiller08
04-16-2008, 07:31 PM
no prob can't let this project stall......gotta see it when its done:D

slim and shady
04-16-2008, 07:37 PM
That is a big help it's held it up like a week already, say with your great searching skills you couldnt find a store in Canada could you????
I am still waiting on a few things though I still am waiting for the x-chamber and AR15 riser they have bein "Shipping" for like 3 weeks and are probably in Russia by now. Then the shroud when i get the few things to all come together it will be done but its like 80-85% done. Soon it will be time to throw the pics up i hope

dynastykiller08
04-16-2008, 08:09 PM
still no luck...sorry but i'll still keep lookin

slim and shady
04-18-2008, 08:39 PM
well I dont know if im ever ment to get this launcher no one will respond from the link that Dynasty give me and i finaly got to talk to the manager at exotic sportz and he asked me if we could place the order a different day he was to bussy. To bussy to place an order for 600$ WTF you would think for that kinda cash you would be interested in getting the order done.

Good news I finally located my X chamber and AR-15 riser and they should be at my door in 1-2 days that is good news i suppose. Waited long enough for that to.

So again the major setback is the launcher. But the good news is that they are open tommorow so hopefuly the order can be compleated then. Not to postpone things even further but once i get the launcher i have to custom make brackets to fit the MR2 and of corse get the right fittings. But that shouldnt take to long. so im a week or so im hopping this project will be done. Then we will name the marker and I will custom make the new eye covers, and throw up a few pics with them. So this is going to be wraping up very soon.

EDIT: i also forgot to mention i also bought Spydermans Q-loader so i have 10 pods now for this project, instead of 5. I thought that it would help to carry 1000 rnds instead of 500 being I made this gun for cover and supporting fire.

slim and shady
04-19-2008, 08:42 AM
Alright time to relax everything is on its way. I FINALLY got the EGL-47 ordered and it ships out Tuesday. So that is everything for the project now I just have to sit tight and wait for shipping then make brackets and throw it all together. Just thought some of you may want to know.

Lonus
04-19-2008, 01:02 PM
You will be like a kid on christmas eve now, won't you. Waiting for your new toys.

DFSniper
04-19-2008, 02:10 PM
Alright time to relax everything is on its way. I FINALLY got the EGL-47 ordered and it ships out Tuesday. So that is everything for the project now I just have to sit tight and wait for shipping then make brackets and throw it all together. Just thought some of you may want to know.

i saw that in your sig today. get pics up as soon as it gets in!!

slim and shady
04-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Belive me i will I am very excited about this project i have never undertook one this size before, for a wial it didnt seem like it would work. I think I will be jsut as happy when its all together and done. Im thinking hopefully i will get it within a week then I can hook it up and take pics. heck even when I put it on if I dont get air hoses put on I will still take pics LOL.

slim and shady
04-21-2008, 09:43 AM
ok here is a list of a few more things that I have picked up for this project.

-32* 9 peice spring kit
-shocktek shim kit
-G36 3 peice rail kit (short)
-G36 3 peice rail kit (long)
-Timmy detents
-custom langth steal braided hose and fittings for expansion chamber

I think thats it for now although i probably will have to grab a few more G36 short rails to make it look right.

EDIT:
I got my x chamber and AR 15 riser rail today and put those on. I had trouble with the X chamber so i couldnt hook the air up. The custom steal braided hose I asked them to make was like 1" short so it wont fit. I have the adapter to go into the ASA but I will have to get a longer hose.

Time for the great news, I talked to Viper and the shroud will be shipping out tommorw! i cant wait to see what it looks like on the marker. I think that will be the part that makes this marker! So that is the best news I got in a long time :D

slim and shady
04-22-2008, 05:04 PM
I wanted to give some reviews on a few of the products that I have bought for my MR2 W/ eye.

Virtue board W/ laser eyes- I decided to get the Virtue over the T-board because of its customisability(SP??) the options for this board are virtuealy endless. The board is top notch and the custemer service is even better. There is a minor problem when you go to install it however you have to drill a new hole for the charging port right between where the old charging port used to be on the stock board and the eye on off button on the old board. It's not a big deal but some people may find that discouraging. Other then that the board is simple to install and use. You can figure it out in a hurry.

SAW stock- This really is a great stock I hope that this reveiw will help more people decide to get it. This is buy far the most sturdy stock that I have ever seen its unreal. It is durable comferitable and looks good. The setback to it however is that it is also by far the most HEAVY stock I have ever seen as well.

A-5 G36 rail- excellent construction light overall a great product. No complaints whatsoever.

BT 16- This is a good light shroud that adds to the milsim look I also added a set of G36 long rails to it for more assessories. It is very light and doesnt way your gun down. Perhaps not as durable and strong as lots of the aluminum shrouds out there but no where near as heavy either. Good product.

AK-47 expansion chamber- This is a fairly heavy assessorie, outside of cosmetic perposes im not expecting this addition to do much in the way of preformence. The big thing that stands out to me about it is how esily it scratches, after I play with it for a week im sure it will be stainless steel in color. I think it is a little pricy for what you get also, it never impressed me a whole lot.

SP Tactical 20" barrel- This barrel really impressed me right out of the box, great milsim design to it and the feel of the barrel was just impressive. I needed the extra langth to fit my custom shroud, BT 16, EGL-47 bracket and fake suppressor. The barrel more then met my expectations it is light for being 20" long and is a great perchase IMO.

AR15 Riser rail- Durrable much the same quality as the Opsgear G36 shroud. Nothing bad to say about it.

Q-loader- What could I say about the Q-loader that hasnt already bein said? Great product, a little finiky if you use the hoses. That is why i decided to direct feed it. No complaints what so ever I like q-loaders if anyone has one and needs help contact "Kodiak" on the Mil-sim empire page or Q-loader forums.

Walther 11 power red dot- Great red dot sight in a semi-scope format I actually had this for a few years great red dot sight.

MR series grips- I really like these grips and I think they are worth every penny there is no comparison the the stock grips. No complaints whatso ever.

of corse the MR2 Weye- My first impressions of the gun are it is by rights the same as my old MR2. At least in terms of durability strangth and weight. As with the original MR2 it is a heavy gun, lift weights. The eyes speak for themselvs and make this gun truly incredible. I think to sum it up its a great gun a tad on the heavyside but IMO it is the best woodsball gun out there.

When I started this project I had a goal. To shut up all the A-5 users who said that the MR2 is no good because it is not customisable enough. you cant do anything "Cool" with it. So I wanted show them that it could be customised into a great gun that had eyes. I think thats the selling point of the marker the Eyes, that and you can practically chop down trees with this sucker its so durrable your deffinatly not worried about breaking it.

With the stock board I think it was a great idea to bring back 3rnd burst that they got away from with the MR3. i also belive having the option of turning the eye on or off in any mode is a great adition to the marker over the MR3's eyes that only work on 1 semi mode, not the other semi-mode or full auto. Not everyone uses the full auto on the MR2's but for the ones that do im sure they will be happy to know there eyes are on and functioning in that mode.

EDIT:A slight problem I forgot to mention is on the stock board the charging terminal is extreamly sloppy so when you go to charge make sure to look at your charger and insure the RED light is on indicating its charging if its not, then its not making contact wiggle it around till it does.
Becaue of this im deducting another 1/2 point, and 1/2 because of the weight.

So for the gun I give it 4 stars out of five, lose only due to the weight of the marker and charging port.

XSiv Force
04-22-2008, 05:07 PM
i hit the page down button and just got dizzy going past that

DFSniper
04-22-2008, 05:08 PM
pics! and i'm curious as to how you got the EGL to fit, or did it not come in yet?

slim and shady
04-22-2008, 05:15 PM
No DF i didnt get it yet thats why i didnt give a summery reveiw on it yet. I expect it will still be a week it has to ship from Michigan to Alberta Canada and they said they wouldnt ship it until today so I hope they threw it in the mail. As soon as i get it i will whip up a few brackets and take the pics. I am waiting on the shroud to i talked to Viper and he said he is throwing it in the mail today to. So I expect a week or so i should have everything including pictures.

KingTutBaller
04-22-2008, 09:24 PM
If I take another road trip to Alberta this summer I'm going to have to stop in and take a good close look at this thing, Slim :D

slim and shady
04-23-2008, 05:01 PM
If I take another road trip to Alberta this summer I'm going to have to stop in and take a good close look at this thing, Slim :D

Anytime, im serious we always welcome fellow canucks to check out our gear and play our filds. I'm gonna tell you this though if you come make it a weekend i have a few places im sure you would love to play. Including, but not limited to Junkyard speedball corses, woodsball corses, urban corses-this is leathal there are alot of different rooms that can all be accessed by at least 2 points its crazy, snioper towers you name it. And of corse the main feild we play at YGP. So if you are headed this way, shoot me a pm. Heck you dont even have to bring your gear I have a few setups.

slim and shady
04-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Well the hits keep comming the guys at exotic sportz never got around to sending my launcher until today. They are the worst companyI have ever delt with and if I had anyother choice I wouldnt deal with them again. So it will be like a week for shipping.

Had a little misque with Spyderman723 when I bought his q-loader and he threw some of the stuff out instead of sending it so thats another set back. Now i am in the prossess of figuring that out and getting the parts replaced.

So AGAIN this is gonna take a little more time, and im starting to run out. May 11th is comming up fast.

slim and shady
04-26-2008, 07:01 PM
I just read some terrible news on the Mil-sim empire. A fella posted on there that 85% of grenade launchers are declined at the border by customs I sure hope this isnt true and doesnt happen to my EGL-47 I payed 620.00$ for that puppy and I wants it!

XSiv Force
04-27-2008, 05:44 PM
Slim its next week when we get to see it.......I wants to see.....i wants to gaze upon its glory......i wants to poo in my pants at the very sight of it...... :)

irishwarrior
04-27-2008, 05:57 PM
Slim, if the canadians don't let it cross over, I'll drive from VA to the Canadian border, get the launcher and personally drive it to your house. I want pictures, I want them badly. And if you don't put up pics, well here's a sample of what will happen: nee, nee, nee, nee, nee, nee ,nee :).

slim and shady
04-27-2008, 08:25 PM
LOL glad to see some of you are as excite das me, here is the updates I have.

-Still waiting on the custom shroud from X he has bein really bussy lattly and i havnt bein able to get ahold of him the last few days so I cant even tell you if it is shiped or if he still has it. When I know you will know!

-Still waiting on my extra parts for my X chamber although I would emagin there at the post office however I cannot pick them up on the weekend have to wait till monday.

-Of corse by my worysome post I also am still waiting on my grenade launcher they were supposed to ship it Tuesday and didnt do it till Friday so that will still be a wial I just pray it jumps the boarder or im gonna take you up on your offer Irish!

-I also still have to order the CMS socket from Q-loader but there online shopping wont work so I will do that tommorow. We all know what a Q-loader looks like anyway so if that isnt in the pics no biggie but im not throwin up any untill I get the rest of the stuff on there and done.

I have said this alot but I think a week or however long it takes the Launcher to get from Michigan to Alberta Canada. How fast can you drive Irish?
And of corse if X hasnt had a chance to hit up the post office yet that could be the last product in.

So sorry to be jerkin you guys around but i got no control over it anymore at this point. As soon as I get the stuff pics will be posted I can promise you that and I need that to be before May 11th and my scenario game!

irishwarrior
04-28-2008, 03:15 AM
How fast can you drive Irish?

Legally, I can't. But, I have been told I look older than I ams and I have driven our Expedition around some. Not to brag or anything, but, I'd say I could get there in 20 min.

interceptorMR2
04-28-2008, 06:40 AM
here, let me drive, i have my permit slim, im 16 this august. I'll drive faster than irish will!!!!! I'm in oregon, so the border is way closer. :P

slim and shady
04-28-2008, 09:15 AM
LOL 20 min hey, dont have your licence. Hhhmmm am I gonna get the launcher in oone peice? Well Intercepter looks like you have now bein designated the "fallback guy" if Irish cant do it your in!

XSiv Force
04-28-2008, 10:11 AM
Hey me and my chevelle will there from auburn in 15

slim and shady
04-28-2008, 11:34 AM
Well i hope all you dogs out there have more bite than bark because if they aint for lettin my launcher through now I am more then expectant of each of you to help me get it!

More good nesw the exra stuff for my chamber was in so I finished that up and tested it with good resaults. now im just waiting on the rest of the stuff.

DFSniper
04-28-2008, 02:53 PM
send it to ted, he said he's planning a trip from NY to MI, so he can just drop it off at the post office when he drives through canadia!

interceptorMR2
04-28-2008, 05:57 PM
forget 20 minutes, my dad has a BMW M5 series, ill be there in 5.

XSiv Force
04-28-2008, 06:03 PM
i challenge you....Beamer vs. Chevelle...

slim and shady
04-28-2008, 07:38 PM
What has my thread become?????

And where the heck is MI? eithr im extreamly confused or your thinkin canada is 51st state.

XSiv Force
04-28-2008, 07:41 PM
it was hijacked until we get the pics and i will release the hostage once and only once it has been uploaded

irishwarrior
04-28-2008, 07:50 PM
devious, eh?

slim and shady
04-28-2008, 07:51 PM
If you want I can take pictures of the big holes in my marker? Like the big hole where the shroud should be! and like the big hole where the launcher should be! and like the big hole where my Q-loader socket should be!

Anyway on a positive note I ordered the CMS socket today. No suprise they said they may have to wait a few days before they could ship.

Also I noticed the little valve fell out of my remote at some point in time or the next so i had to order a new remote as well. Thats all the news I have at this point in time again

irishwarrior
04-29-2008, 03:11 AM
Someone up there really has it out for you. What, with all the shipping issues and customs.

slim and shady
04-29-2008, 09:02 AM
Someone up there really has it out for you. What, with all the shipping issues and customs.

No kiddin none of you probably realise this but by time im done with the shipping and customs on all these items this project is around 2000$ havnt figured out the exact figure yet, hopin my wife dont either :p
I have had problems with broken products and the like by time they get here to. It's hard to do these projects in canada if you cant find stores here that sell what you want.

Now for great news X pmed last night and said that he shipped the shroud last week so it could be here any day. Once I have that the main body will be done and just waiting on the launcher, and scrub parts. I still have to throw the rails on the shroud but that wont be hard.

I am considering throwing up some pics after I get that on but I dont wanna ruin the shock and awwwww effect of the launcher so asking an honest question: If I do put up some pics before the launcher do you guys think it will ruin the shock effect latter? HONEST ANSWEARS ONLY! That means you Irish, XSiv and interceptor!

Gren VTBC
04-29-2008, 11:58 AM
is all good slim, u can call it stage 1 pic then when ur launcher is on stage 2 or something....

irishwarrior
04-29-2008, 02:20 PM
not really. But if you don't want to chance it, I might be able to suppress my impatience.

XSiv Force
04-29-2008, 02:21 PM
:yeahthat: no i dont think it will affect it at all

slim and shady
04-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Well then thats what I will do then. At least everyone will know im not Shi**n them either! So yeah I get the shroud will throw up pics and an explanation of what is still left to go. Sound cool?

irishwarrior
04-29-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm so excited... *looks at wet spot on pants*, not again.

XSiv Force
04-29-2008, 07:24 PM
I'm ready to poo my pants

KingTutBaller
04-29-2008, 08:25 PM
better not do it slim! Don't give into the pressure. I've wanted to toss up some pics of what I've been working on but I'm not givin in until it's 100%. Stand strong you prairie dog!

p.s. I feel ya on the shipping man, mil-sim paintball is an awful thing for us to get into eh? Look luck with the launcher I hope it comes through

XSiv Force
04-29-2008, 08:27 PM
peer pressure can save lives

slim and shady
04-29-2008, 09:21 PM
better not do it slim! Don't give into the pressure. I've wanted to toss up some pics of what I've been working on but I'm not givin in until it's 100%. Stand strong you prairie dog!

p.s. I feel ya on the shipping man, mil-sim paintball is an awful thing for us to get into eh? Look luck with the launcher I hope it comes through

THATS IT!!!! Im callin it off!! No one sees nothin till it's 100% done. Could never backout on a felow canuck! Better clean up your excrament boys, your stinkin up my thread!

irishwarrior
04-30-2008, 03:39 AM
Darn English Canadian canucks, lol! French Canadians FTW!!!

SpyderMan723
04-30-2008, 04:36 AM
Darn English Canadian canucks, lol! French Canadians FTW!!!

Je n'aime pas le francais-canadienne.

interceptorMR2
04-30-2008, 07:24 AM
dont show us til its done, its nowhere near as cool anyways

slim and shady
04-30-2008, 08:37 AM
So its settled due to popular demand no pics will be released until its finished.

irishwarrior
04-30-2008, 11:45 AM
Je n'aime pas le francais-canadienne.

I don't speak French, regardless of my Quebecois heritage. What does that mean? I always thought French a frivolous sounding language compared to the precision and straight-forwardness of German. Come to think of it I think the same of English.

On topic...as much as I disagree, I respect your decision shady.

SpyderMan723
04-30-2008, 12:03 PM
I don't speak French, regardless of my Quebecois heritage. What does that mean? I always thought French a frivolous sounding language compared to the precision and straight-forwardness of German. Come to think of it I think the same of English.

On topic...as much as I disagree, I respect your decision shady.

it means i dont like french-canadians(meant to put a dodgy lol)

lol french is kinda, meh, but ive got german and french relatives so, its good to know just in case I go there some day to visit them

irishwarrior
04-30-2008, 12:59 PM
Sieht am das "German Club" thread, fur ein bisschen Deutsch lernen.

Translation: Look at the German Club thread to learn a little German.

XSiv Force
04-30-2008, 01:01 PM
Im going to stick with being irish and a mix of scottish...im like the drunk version of william wallace

slim and shady
04-30-2008, 01:53 PM
Ok my thread new rules if cant speek it no one does! With that being said the only language allowed here is english and maby a touch of Jibberish!

XSiv Force
04-30-2008, 01:58 PM
HAHA slim you make me laugh

slim and shady
04-30-2008, 02:04 PM
Did I mention King also talked me into making you all wait for my 1000 post befor reveling the pics. Assuming of corse i have everything before i hit the 1000 post. Then he said to make you wait till I hit 2000 posts. But of corse in trade for this great idea he made me promise that I had to send him a pic as soon as it was done. :dodgy:

XSiv Force
04-30-2008, 02:14 PM
i think the 1000 post idea is good but not the 2000 :dodgy:

HavocNC
04-30-2008, 02:52 PM
Im going to stick with being irish and a mix of scottish...im like the drunk version of william wallace

Hey I am of Scottish heritage too. Cunningham. Oh can't wait for pics slim!

irishwarrior
04-30-2008, 03:05 PM
Mix of everything from being born in Lakenheath, England to being Finnish. Though, mostly Irish, German, French Canadian and Swedish.

Slim- It's your project/thread, you make the calls.

slim and shady
04-30-2008, 04:02 PM
ahhh I couldnt wait if I wanted to. Soon as i get it done pics are up im real proud of this project it has taken alot of time and patience and I think it will turn out worth wial in the end. Shroud still didnt come today, hopefully tommorow.

KingTutBaller
04-30-2008, 05:11 PM
Comon Slim... lets be honest here! Nah I didn't say that, but now that he has the idea in my head, and the fact that he obviously only listens to me around here(:D), I might make a suggestion. No one sees this until I fly out to Edmonton and drive down to see it myself first hand!!! (I actually was supposed to go out on May 16th, but I can't make it out anymore, bleh!) So yeah man, do what you want but I think waiting for a few finished product pictures will give the effect you want.

By the way, which site did you do most of your ordering through? I'm looking to try to pick up alot of stuff in one big order instead of 1million different packages, any ideas? Any other border problems with any items? I havn't ran into any yet myself, but it's good to know.

As for the cultural mixes, I'm Irish-Ukranian. try to find many of those kickin around! haha.

slim and shady
04-30-2008, 05:30 PM
I usually buy all my stuff from Tactical paintball. However most of it they didnt have in stock and they told me they just placed there orders so it would be at least a month before they even re ordered from them again. Im not that patient so I did alot of strait from the dealer buying including

Q-loader (they phoned a store in Canada and had them ship it from there so it was cheeper)
Virtue- 35.00 CUSTOMS
Special ops 30.00 CUSTOMS
Ops gear 15.00 CUSTOMS
extream sportz (havnt got the customs bill yet. I just hope it makes it through.)
ViperX (I got the shroud from)
that doesnt include the shipping just customs.

Those are the US places I bought from. I bought the fallowing from Tactical paintball in Canada

MR2 W/eye
Trinity Ak chamber
AR15 riser
Spring kit
Shim kit
MR series Grips

other places i bought from include
Ebay-G36 Rails

Spyder BST section
Q-pods (From Spidie)
Chrono(From ooglieboogliebob) I need to set the FPS of this new project right! LOL
ACP bolt (From Yoder)
16" barrel (From Maverickgot86ed) Turns out it was far to short for what i needed nice barrel though.

My local PB shop at YGP
SP Tactical 20" barrel
Squeegie

Canadian tire
gun cleaning kit (DONT LAUGH) I had to get another gun cleaning kit because the overall barrel langth including supressor is 26" long there is no Squigee that long so i have to use cleaning rods for a rifle and the .20guage fuzzy swabs. But there real cheep only 2.00 each cheeper then squeegies.

But yeah tactical paintball has bin a fav of mine for some time. your in ontario......

These stores are in ontario dont remember what they are called though.

1-705-645-0186 (This is the store that Q-loader told to send my CMS socket, and I also bought a new JT remote from them for the project.)

613-933-0833 This one is in Ontario to you could try them as well. Sorry i dont remember the names.

SpyderMan723
04-30-2008, 05:36 PM
Just For the record, since everyone is posting their nationality I'm:
1/4 German
1/4 Italian
French
1/16 Native american indian

100% Sexy man :dodgy:

slim and shady
04-30-2008, 05:43 PM
^Now thats funny! and here I thought we were finally back on topic :rolleyes:

SpyderMan723
04-30-2008, 06:31 PM
^Now thats funny! and here I thought we were finally back on topic :rolleyes:

hey hey hey. I think we can all agree that I am the most sexiest man on SOC.:D

XSiv Force
04-30-2008, 06:34 PM
:dodgy: right :dodgy:

SpyderMan723
04-30-2008, 06:36 PM

I smell a Sexy man OTM coming soon...

XSiv Force
04-30-2008, 06:38 PM
It will turn into a mini highlander except with rippling muscles and good looks instead of swords....there can only be one...... :D

SpyderMan723
04-30-2008, 06:39 PM
It will turn into a mini highlander except with rippling muscles and good looks instead of swords....there can only be one...... :D

bahahahaha. "There can only be one highlander...Tires cannot defeat me!"

(dane cook <3)

XSiv Force
04-30-2008, 06:39 PM
^_^

irishwarrior
04-30-2008, 06:53 PM
There wouldn't need to be a contest, I am so sexy that my very posts make Laura Croft look like an ugly 48 year-old guy in comparison.

XSiv Force
04-30-2008, 06:55 PM
yeah well.....im too sexy for my shirt
wow this thread has been hijacked

slim and shady
04-30-2008, 07:02 PM
you know what mods feel free to close!

Yeah right but seriously get back on topic,
second there is something seriosly wrong with a forum of men talking about who is more sexy :dodgy::dodgy::dodgy::dodgy:

cyberthrasher_706
04-30-2008, 08:58 PM
There wouldn't need to be a contest, I am so sexy that my very posts make Laura Croft look like an ugly 48 year-old guy in comparison.
That just makes me wanna puke. Seriously, I don't know what to think.

anyway......did you ever get the launcher?? I'm kinda interested to hear how that part's working out. Just couldn't find your update on it through all the guys flirting with eachother.:confused:

slim and shady
05-01-2008, 08:14 AM
Sorry I havnt got it yet. To be honest I have been real worried since that guy posted on PBN I hope that it makes its way through customs. But no I havnt got it yet they didnt even give me a tracking number or anything. Hope to heck that it gets here soon. Im gonna head to work stop and grab the mail and see if the shroud is in to.

Again thats about all I got.

irishwarrior
05-01-2008, 11:49 AM
About that laura croft post, I got an hour of sleep that day and wasn't thinking very clearly.

Slim, I would try and contact whoever is delivering the package to see if it has cleared customs.

slim and shady
05-01-2008, 05:04 PM
I am gonna phone around tonight, well right now. I didnt receive anything again todaymaby tommorow. :(

slim and shady
05-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Well I couldnt get ahold of anyone at there 3 stores so i dunno is it a national holidy in the US!?!?!? LOL

I will try again tommorow and see if i cant get ahold of someone. It's another sad day, nothing in the mail, just found out that the place where we always play and practice our urban assult games will no longer be availeble to us. So I threw together a hasty game but only 8 people could make it so that kinda sucks. Any of you willing to drive your 10-20 min to come play? No.....oh well :(

XSiv Force
05-01-2008, 06:24 PM
i will traverse the 2300 mile difference just for you

slim and shady
05-01-2008, 06:40 PM
Great make it 9 players!

KingTutBaller
05-01-2008, 08:35 PM
You pay the return flight and then we'll talk! Too bad I didn't still live in Edmonton eh? I'm not sure exactly where you're at but I imagine edmonton is a little closer than ottawa (which is something like... 6100 kilometers?)

slim and shady
05-02-2008, 07:21 AM
im 1 hour west of edmonton. It's to bad you dont still live out here did you play at YGP when you were?

slim and shady
05-02-2008, 04:45 PM
Well I checked the mail AGAIN nothing. So here I am on my 1000 post with yet again no pics to show you. :(.

Good news is that I got ahold of the guy at extream sportz and he said he figures i should have NO problem with the launcher going through customs. Bad news is I have to wait till monday to see if they have a tracking number, they do things so screwy there.

Still never got the rail kit, shroud or CMS socket either. Hopefully soon.

ViperX
05-05-2008, 09:50 AM
Hope all of this quiet time is because you are putting the marker together with your new parts! Let me know when you get the shroud...

slim and shady
05-05-2008, 07:45 PM
Sure will X you get exclusive pics the others dont get to see yet! ;)
I havnt got the shroud yet though, im so excited and every day :( but I guess it just gives me something to look forward to the next day.
But you are right in a sceance actually. i may not have the shroud but thank God the launcher made its way through customs and into my hands. Again I had to pay 35$ for customs but at least I got it!
I installed the Jackhammer II reg and hooked up the air fittings tonight. I still have to custom make the brakets to hold the launcher to the gun but I cannot do that till I get the shroud so that I can get it specific.
I bought a front bracket but sadly its cheep plastic and the arms are to short so i have to extend them or make a new bracket out of aluminum. I may get my machinest friend to see if he can make the brackets. But im not sure yet.

Either way its time for the sad news now, off to work I go for like 2 months! i will be back periodicly like every 3rd or 4th night but I wont be on line every chance I get and i wont get a chance to work on the remainder of this project till Saterday, thats 1 day before my scenario game. But when i come home I will let you know if i got the shroud and rail kit. If I did I will make some mounts and throw up some pictures.

So soon this project will be finished :)

XSiv Force
05-05-2008, 07:48 PM
:dodgy: you said that a few weeks ago :dodgy:

slim and shady
05-05-2008, 07:51 PM
I know I have said it like 3-4 times now, but I cant help how shipping goes. Try one of these projects and tell me if its easy.

XSiv Force
05-05-2008, 07:57 PM
:dodgy:maybe i will.......maybe i will......:dodgy:

KingTutBaller
05-05-2008, 09:43 PM
im 1 hour west of edmonton. It's to bad you dont still live out here did you play at YGP when you were?

Nope I didn't have a chance to play any paintball at all, work and paying the bills kept me busy enough, it wasn't even on my mind, sadly enough. Whenever I take a trip out I might have to swing by and test it out, though, and see if your marker is really as 'tuff as it sounds :D

slim and shady
05-09-2008, 06:21 PM
WellI came home from work egerly awaiting the finishing of my project and again, as I checked the mail NOTHING. The shroud hasnt showed up yet. So I never made my deadline the game is on Sunday and I wont have my gun finished so that sucks. The only hope I have is if its there tommorow morning but I dont think mail moves on Saterdays. So i am very dissapointed. Hope it will be here when I get back next week. :(

irishwarrior
05-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Mail moves on Saturdays. Mailmen work everyday but Sunday, at least here in the states they do.

slim and shady
05-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Well I still have one chance to get it then, I am very dissapointed that it isnt here X sent it like 2 weeks ago I thought that it would be here for sure when I got home. I even got my rails off ebay that I bought after that was shipped. I cant make the brackets for the launcher or anything without the shroud.

King you are welcome to come test it out anytime you want, that goes for the rest of you too.

interceptorMR2
05-11-2008, 12:25 PM
hm.... im wondering... my friends and I are planning a road trip next summer around the west coast and such, maybe we should change our plans and come up into canada just to see your project...

XSiv Force
05-11-2008, 02:49 PM
slim im actually out side your door at this moment:dodgy:

slim and shady
05-11-2008, 09:03 PM
Well interceptor your more then welcome to come see it whenever you want!
And XSive it's funny that I didnt see you when I got home from Paintballing?? if you got all the ambition to come up here so fast why dont you use that energy to track down my shroud and save us both the headache? My CMS upgrade should be here tommorow as it spent the night in the capital so im sure it should be here and my remote. Im hopping the shroud is to. X PMed me and said if it isnt here buy Tuesday to let him know and he will go to the post office and see whats up.

Thats all I know again. Im already past my deadline, although i wouldnt have used it this scenario anyway with all the trench warfair and urban objectives. I still wanted to have it all done today, soem things dont go as planned.

Sorry guys.

slim and shady
05-12-2008, 05:40 PM
Well I didnt hve time to get the specs and I hastly put this together even though I am supposed to be at work today. here are a few pics of a semi finished project. Good enough for pics though still got alot of minor details to take care of.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll145/slim_and_shady/Mr2project009.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll145/slim_and_shady/Mr2project010.jpg

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll145/slim_and_shady/Mr2project011.jpg

A pic without the launcher or rail kit on the battle shroud.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll145/slim_and_shady/Mr2project002.jpg

I still have alot of details to go over, but all in all I have to be honest that I am a little dissapointed with how it turned out. not really how i pictured it would look, but it was a project worth doing when im 100% done everything I will lput up more pics.

DFSniper
05-12-2008, 05:44 PM
nice.

whats that i hear? future SOTM??

slim and shady
05-12-2008, 06:06 PM
I wouldnt know how to put it up for spyder of the month if I wanted to LOL. Not sure I would get many votes either!

It was a little rocky throwing it together i had to grind a hallow in my ASA so i could properly get the reg to fit in there, I still dont like how the macro line goes from the reg to the launcher, dont like the bracket setup that holds the launcher and I still need to place another rail kit on my battle shroud. There is alot more I wanna do just things drug out to long and everyone wants pics, now they got them. When im compleatly finished I will throw up more.

I wanted to post this right away as well for all the people that were instremental to the compleation of this project.

First and formost- ViperX, for all the help with EVERYTHING. For the custom derlin shroud, extra parts and spport, and for always finding a way to get me out of the trouble spots I was in. Without you this project wouldnt have happened. Thanks

The three stooges, you know who you are. For keeping the thread going and my ambition for the project. It was great to have people who were as excited about it as I was all along the way. Thanks

DFsniper for always answearing questions I had about the project real fast and giving sound advise on it.

All the people who sold me parts and peices dirt cheep through the BST section of this group, if anyone is looking to do a project thats the first and best place to start.

So thanks to everyone who made this happen.

Shady

XSiv Force
05-12-2008, 06:24 PM
O_O......................someone would get a round to the chest if i was behind that grenade launcher :D........nice i love it

slim and shady
05-12-2008, 06:44 PM
After all that heckling thats all you gotta say XSiv shhhhheeeshhhh. ;)

SpyderMan723
05-12-2008, 06:52 PM
:hugs:

god i love you.. no homo

irishwarrior
05-12-2008, 06:59 PM
:laying on ground having simultaneous seizure/heart attack: There are no words in either the English or German language that can describe the sheer beauty and awesomeness that emanates from your gun. If I ever got shot I'd hope it would be by a paintball gun like that.

cyberthrasher_706
05-12-2008, 07:02 PM
yeah, you can definitely expect to get copied in some way. That's beautiful man.

slim and shady
05-12-2008, 07:05 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys here is a pic with my vertical forgrip with conceilled bi-pod (bipod out)

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll145/slim_and_shady/Mr2project013.jpg

slim and shady
05-12-2008, 07:08 PM
I suppose now its time for phase two, start throwing up names for the marker. When I get back on the weekend we can figure out what ones are worth it to go to the vote and see what she is gonna be called.

DFSniper
05-12-2008, 07:18 PM
rambo

slim and shady
05-12-2008, 07:23 PM
BFG
HFG

I dunno LOL

XSiv Force
05-12-2008, 08:10 PM
There are no more words i could come up with but i love it
NAME IT...........................LUCILLE :D

slim and shady
05-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Common guys get creative, what about you Irish? you gotta come up with something wicked! Havok? I want something unfergetable! I have learned already its hard to name a gun! :confused:

interceptorMR2
05-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Think of something opposite sounding, like my friend. he got an airsoft shotgun and named it kitty. now he wonders why the highschool won't let him bring his kitty to school.... sad... sad...sad.

XSiv Force
05-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Why dont you use one of our names

DFSniper
05-12-2008, 08:34 PM
my friend named his car Mary after the family guy thing: "this tire hunted mary down. this tire MURDERED mary!"

XSiv Force
05-12-2008, 09:16 PM
My vote is for my NAME!!!!!!!!! go with XS Force or XSiv Force

interceptorMR2
05-12-2008, 09:27 PM
have you tested it yet? do something that has to do with sound maybe, like the sound that the launcher makes or somethin. One of my friends who got bored named his automatic A-5 "thumper".

interceptorMR2
05-12-2008, 09:32 PM
i would call my old viewloader triad "buuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpppppppp"

irishwarrior
05-13-2008, 02:47 AM
Exterminator, Death, Deathbringer, Ruin, Pwnage, der Waffe (the weapon), Todgeber (Approximation of Death giver), I'll come up with more later, time for school.

KingTutBaller
05-13-2008, 04:53 AM
It's obvious with those eye covers you gotta call it "Chief" or "The Chief" or something related to that! I'd probably call it the chief.... nay, I ---AM--- calling it The Chief, henceforth!

SpyderMan723
05-13-2008, 05:33 AM
Chief fakawi. from the fakawi tribe...(where the fakawi?)

DFSniper
05-13-2008, 05:43 AM
lmao!!!!! got my vote!

XSiv Force
05-13-2008, 10:01 AM
Master Chief!!!!!!!

Hossy
05-13-2008, 10:09 AM
That looks sooo sick. sorry I havent visited this thread lately, but that is nasty!

If you do name it, it has to be something that is meaningful. Not some random thought that just went through your head. If you need a list of some things to think about for a name, PM me

cyberthrasher_706
05-13-2008, 11:15 AM
Ok, how about "Nina". One of the well known war chiefs of the Blackfoot tribe, which have roots in Alberta, was called "Ninastoko". I'll keep looking for more but I think the roots of that one make it fit quite nicely for you. I'm trying to think of some other tribes from the area.

irishwarrior
05-13-2008, 12:07 PM
ALT***A: Navajo name meaning "all war." Link for names (http://www.bchealth.com/services/birthcenter/nativeambabynames.shtml)

XSiv Force
05-13-2008, 12:12 PM
Anubis.....Haydes......Areis........Thor......Valk ryie

Gren VTBC
05-13-2008, 12:43 PM
looks good slim, how bout put a lil soul in the name like...."ON THAT ASS"
cuz if we ever see you comin you'd be on that ass!!

or "TADAW" how u like me now!....errytime u cap somebody u could say TADAW!! (pronounced ta-dow)

or BOOYA! Errytiime u cap somebody u could yell to urself booya!

or u could totally disregard all these and chuckle how stupid they sound hahaha

irishwarrior
05-13-2008, 12:48 PM
^ How come the swear filter doesn't block the A-word but it blocks the letter group "S(O)B" when I tried to write it as part of the indian name?

XSiv Force
05-13-2008, 01:25 PM
irish im sorry to say it just doesnt like you :D

cyberthrasher_706
05-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Yeah, I was looking for a name from one of his local tribes, making it that much more symbolic.

TheDarkShadow
05-13-2008, 06:47 PM
rambo
I'm not going to lie, that popped on my head, I scrolled down and you posted it already, it was weird.....

It's obvious with those eye covers you gotta call it "Chief" or "The Chief" or something related to that! I'd probably call it the chief.... nay, I ---AM--- calling it The Chief, henceforth!
agreed
Chief fakawi. from the fakawi tribe...(where the fakawi?)

lol

slim and shady
05-16-2008, 02:37 PM
Ok, how about "Nina". One of the well known war chiefs of the Blackfoot tribe, which have roots in Alberta, was called "Ninastoko". I'll keep looking for more but I think the roots of that one make it fit quite nicely for you. I'm trying to think of some other tribes from the area.

This is what I was looking for best one that I have heard so far.

When i look at this gun, and the pictures do not do it justice at all (Camra phone) I think of war. Now when i think of the wars certin things stand out to me
-People who sacraficed everything
-The Native americans who participated in the unbreakable code even though faced with alot of ridculment from there own army.
-Raw power

I really like this responce because of where I live the native american heritage, so great sugestion and these are along the lines that I am looking for. I spent alot of time thinking about it this week and I honestly havnt found anything that has stood out with me enough to keep it. Like Hossy said im looking for something meaningfull not a joke. So far Cyber your top of the list in my mind at the moment.

Thanks for all your suggestions guys sorry I havnt beein on im only home on the weekends now I left early today. So it will take me a wial to respond. But again thanks for the sugestions.

interceptorMR2
05-16-2008, 03:36 PM
hey slim & shady, how much does that thing weigh anyways?

SpyderMan723
05-16-2008, 04:08 PM
hey slim & shady, how much does that thing weigh anyways?

the weight of the MR2 + A grenade launcher and a Qloader :dodgy:

interceptorMR2
05-16-2008, 04:38 PM
i know its got to be heavy, but i wanna kno specifics!!!! Its been buggin me for some reason, so i had to ask. im not sure why, but sometimes that happens to me.

slim and shady
05-16-2008, 05:12 PM
I havnt weighed it for sure my scale is broken when I am sure i will put up specs. However i would wager that it is around 25LBS without paint or air. Does it look cool, yup. Is it fun to play around with, yup. Is it practical, :dodgy:

irishwarrior
05-16-2008, 06:45 PM
^ the irony of life.

interceptorMR2
05-16-2008, 07:42 PM
ah whatever, 25 lbs is a bunch but hey, I'll bet it scares the livin daylights out of people that come across that bad boy!

slim and shady
05-16-2008, 07:46 PM
I knew that this would be a heavy overall project, with all the rails, launcher expanchin chamber raisers ect. But honestly the weight of it did astound me it really is a heavy marker but hey, its ment for backrow only no quick fast movements needed! i am really happy with it and the pictures do not do it justice at all I will take better ones when i get my camara back.

Any other ideas for names guys?

slim and shady
05-16-2008, 07:48 PM
Looking at it really it is an intimidating weapon i have showed about 4 people and they all said that, just because it looks mean. There are alot more practical markers out there that do what there ment to do, but this is mine :D

I wanted the bulky mean intimidating look and i think I really pulled that off well. i am happy I went with the Saw stock over the car stock too. I think alot of the little things came together on this marker.