PDA

View Full Version : Snowboarding in aspen

spray and pray
03-09-2008, 02:33 PM
If any of you have been to aspen what mountains would you reccomend? I like terrain parks and I have been there before but only for a few days. Any reccomendations?

pbfreak3221
03-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Hmm.. My aunt lives out in Aspen and I went once snowboarding out there, and my personal favorite mountains were Buttermilk, and Snowmass. Granted that they aren't overly crowded now.

spray and pray
03-09-2008, 03:51 PM
yeah I was thinking snowmass because of the size.

Hoppy11
03-09-2008, 06:16 PM
The one time I have rode in CO we stayed at Copper Mountain. It was amazing, granted Im used to small hill here in MI but they had a great selection of everything. Their park was very very nice layed out very well. They have two superpipes. Their selection of runs were also very very nice. They had some of everything. Their cruisers were great and long (duh.. CO) and their bowls were very very nice. They also offer first come first serve cat access to an inbounds back country area, or as close as you can get to back country. Thier site is coppercolorado.com (http://www.coppercolorado.com).

This is the only insight I can provide because it is the only place I have been too. The night life is also quite good if you care about that.