PDA

View Full Version : Evil detonator

SpyderMan723
03-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Can CO2 be used with it?

I'm thinkin about pickin one up for my cocker just because its like $15.

bigred76
03-09-2008, 01:38 PM
I wouldn't, they normally won't work too well with CO2 if at all. I'd look at a Torpedo instead, they're $30 used and commonly available. Plus, BLAST will replace practically anything that can go wrong with it: orings and seals.

DFSniper
03-09-2008, 01:39 PM
they work with co2, but the recharge rate sucks.

SpyderMan723
03-09-2008, 01:42 PM
k thanks guys, the torp was my 1st choice, but the detonator was cheaper so i thought I'd ask
EDIT:umm the torp comes with a guage hole right?

bigred76
03-09-2008, 01:44 PM
Yup, one input for the macro, one outlet for the gauge port.

SpyderMan723
03-09-2008, 01:45 PM
Yup, one input for the macro, one outlet for the gauge port.

do i have to use macro with it?

DFSniper
03-09-2008, 01:57 PM
no. not if you can find a 90* adapter. you never HAVE to use macro, its just an easier alternative.

SpyderMan723
03-09-2008, 02:02 PM
no. not if you can find a 90* adapter. you never HAVE to use macro, its just an easier alternative.

not for co2.. but can i put ANY guage on this torp? bcuz i might pick up a bob long guage for it.

thanks alot for this help you guys :)

EDIT:i just realized that i spelled gauge wrong lol and i also just realized that this is a dumb question^^^^ lol BL torp w/BL gauge.. hmmm haha

bigred76
03-09-2008, 02:14 PM
I wouldn't put just any gauge on it, I'd put a 0-600psi gauge on it. :) Your 'Cocker'll run at about 300-400psi, and you want it in a small enough increment that you can get it accurate, but not so small that you blow it if the gauge jumps 100psi from CO2 expansion. Just know that whenever you gas it up, turn the regulator off before so that you don't accidentally blow it.

As for macro... yeah. Unless you find a metric to standard 1/8" NPT adapter. :) You can use steel braided using NPT threading, but macro is highly preferred for ease of maintenance.

SpyderMan723
03-09-2008, 02:23 PM
alright now i've got 150 dollars to spend, im getting dye stickies,a torp, but should I go all-out and totally get the whole cocker setup?

I mean like:3-way,bolt,feedneck,LPR,ram,etc

what should i get first?

bigred76
03-09-2008, 02:41 PM
I'd not spend more than $20 on each part of the pnuems. :) It's what I spent on my original 'Cocker, and it turned out great. I'd work on getting a good frame (offer to trade the stock plus cash) like a Reflex. A 3-way like a CCM or Bomb's good. A ram like a Clippard is good. An externally adjusting LPR of almost any kind (I don't like ANS regs) are HEAVEN after having to adjust them from the inside. I just picked up a JAM bolt for $20 from someone on PBN, and he has more, I'll PM you the link to that. Delrin is better than stock by FAR! JAM went out of business, but they were an excellent bolt manufacture, and made the original ACS style bolts.

You can't get a new feedneck on there, btw. It's a press-fit feedneck that you can only have FBM replace with a Hooker clamping feedneck for an outrageous price.

EDIT: I almost forgot... Get an on/off ASA. And a better barrel. A barrel kit or a large bored barrel with a ring of electrical tape works best. :)

SpyderMan723
03-09-2008, 02:50 PM
You can't get a new feedneck on there, btw. It's a press-fit feedneck that you can only have FBM replace with a Hooker clamping feedneck for an outrageous price.

EDIT: I almost forgot... Get an on/off ASA. And a better barrel. A barrel kit or a large bored barrel with a ring of electrical tape works best. :)

the feedneck, trinity makes feednecks especially for trilogy's.

Barrel, i just bought a boomstick, and i love it.

but i dont think im gonna go all out right now, im running short on cash, so im thinking i will stick with the stickies,torp and i was thinking about getting the evil delrin bolt.

my dad has a trilly too so if i think that bolt(the one you were talking about)is better then ill hammy-down that bolt to him..he gets all my old stuff... for free!