PDA

View Full Version : HPA question

Nefarious
02-19-2006, 04:21 AM
Ok so I plan on getting an HPA tank soon but am not sure on something.

There are High pressure and Low pressure tanks. If I were to get a High Pressure tank could I later turn the regulator on it down to make it low pressure? If not will using the high pressure tanks be bad on LP spyders?

I plan on making my spyder LP over time, as of right now its still High pressure.

:confused:

*Edit: DoH, I missed the HPA thread at the bottom. My bad, the answer is in there. HIgh Pressure is fine for all guns.

vikingshadow
02-19-2006, 05:18 AM
Welcom to the forums! Glad to have ya.

As far as your statement on high pressure is fine for all guns, well, it's ALMOST all guns. There are a couple you don't want a high pressure tank for. But on your Imagine, it's perfect.

As far as adjusting your tank to make it low pressure, you can buy tanks that are adjustable, or you can buy a tank that can be rebuilt with a new low pressure spring and poppet to change the pressure output from it.

shunut
02-19-2006, 05:46 AM
:yeahthat:

Also, most just add an inline regulator to regulate the operating pressure of their marker. So you have the preset tank regulator, then you have an adjustable regulator that is usually screwed into you VA.

And Welcome to the greatest forum on earth.

TheRedBarron
02-19-2006, 02:53 PM
HP is fine on all guns for the most part, some older Angels needed LP but thats about it.