PDA

View Full Version : A Much better Auto Poll.

HelpDeskHustler
03-08-2008, 06:25 PM
After the rage shown in the other thread I've decided to make a new one listing the companies (divisionalized) that own certain car companies. This should be much more inclusive. Those companies are:

1. Toyota Motor Corporation, Which includes:
-Daihatsu
-Hino
-Lexus
-Scion
-Toyota

2. General Motors Corporation
-Buick
-Cadillac
-Chevrolet
-Daewoo
-GMC
-Pontiac
-Holden
-Hummer
-Opel
-Saturn
-Saab
-Vauxhall

3. Ford Motor Company
-Ford
-Aston Martin
-Jaguar
-Land Rover
-Lincoln
-Automobile
-Mercury
-Volvo Cars
-Mazda (technically only an affiliate company, Ford owns 33.9%, and I ran out of room)

4. Volkswagen AG
-Audi
-Bentley
-Bugatti
-Lamborghini
-quattro GmbH
-SEAT
-Škoda
-Volkswagen
-Scania

5. Honda Motor Company
-Acura
-Honda

6. Nissan Motors
-Infiniti
-Nissan

7. Fiat S.p.A.
-Abarth
-Alfa Romeo
-Ferrari
-Fiat
-Iveco
-Maserati
-Lancia

8. BMW AG
-BMW
-MINI
-Rolls-Royce

9. Daimler AG
-Mercedes-Benz
-Mercedes-AMG
-Maybach
-Smart
-Mitsubishi Fuso

10. Other
-Subaru
-Suzuki
-Mitsubishi
-Kia
-Hyundia

Poll Coming ASAP

battlechaser
03-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Much better... I like how Ford seems to own the automobile though... ;)

HelpDeskHustler
03-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Like I said, It should be MORE inclusive, but not entirely so. I'm still missing Lotus and Aston Martin. I had to subsidize some groups that shouldn't be together and consolidate other groups that I assumed would be less popular to the "others" category. I know Subaru is a good one, but having it's own group was a stretch, and I couldn't group it with ford like I was able to do with Mazda due to some goofy ownership escapade made aware to me by Bigred.

HelpDeskHustler
03-08-2008, 06:37 PM
Aston Martin wasn't listed as being Ford on the wiki page until I actually went to the Aston Martin Page, adding it to Ford.
Lotus used to be owned by GM until 93, now it's owned by Lotus Group... So either Other or GM if you wish to vote for lotus.

DFSniper
03-08-2008, 06:40 PM
pagani :D

HelpDeskHustler
03-08-2008, 06:56 PM
The engine is made by Mercedes, the body maker came from Lamborghini. You choose. DOT would probably only care about the engine, so I'd say vote for the group with Mercedes or for other. I based everything off of this list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_automobile_manufacturers

DFSniper
03-08-2008, 07:00 PM
mclaren f1, slr, and zonda? mercedes has my vote!

oh, and if you want to get really technical, daimler and chrysler are pretty much one company, but lets not go there!

Ace24
03-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Like I said, It should be MORE inclusive, but not entirely so. I'm still missing Lotus and Aston Martin. I had to subsidize some groups that shouldn't be together and consolidate other groups that I assumed would be less popular to the "others" category. I know Subaru is a good one, but having it's own group was a stretch, and I couldn't group it with ford like I was able to do with Mazda due to some goofy ownership escapade made aware to me by Bigred.

Mitsubishi and Dodge are in cahoots. Ever seen a Eagle Talon? Or a Dodge Stealth? Both Mitsubishi's. The Talon is the Eclipse or Lazer by Plymouth, and the Stealth is the 3000GT. Same engines, just American built.

I'm a Toyota fan boy though. Always loved the AE-86, I love my Camry, I love Scion TC's and I LOVE the Lexus IS300.

Muddytaco
03-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Lotus could be listed as toyota, toyota helped design the engines. Some of there cars actually run a toyota engine.

DFSniper
03-08-2008, 07:32 PM
I LOVE the Lexus IS300.
or Toyota Altezza :D theres a few lexuses that i like. pretty much any lexus from the 200-450, EXCEPT the SC400. theres one on my street that looks like a giant pebble with dual exhaust and a poor excuse for a spoiler.

bigred76
03-08-2008, 07:53 PM
Hmmm, I guess I'll vote for the HorsePower KING on this poll. :) The Rotary Rocket stole my vote on the other poll, but I love the HP King just as much. :D So, who else knows what the HorsePower King is in the car world? :D

DFSniper
03-08-2008, 08:02 PM
??? (http://www.maxchevy.com/features/2007/ii_12-ls9-1.html)

that ZR1 is going to be SICK! i saw pics of it over chirstmas break!

bigred76
03-08-2008, 08:07 PM
I saw it then too. Think it was MotorTrend that I saw it in. Looks like an insane factory performer, but we shall see.

DFSniper
03-08-2008, 08:39 PM
they're talking about ford maybe making a boss to keep up with the z06, but soon, there wont be a z06 because they'll have the c7 (based off the z06) and the zr1 is supposed to replace the z06.

bigred76
03-08-2008, 09:41 PM
The ZR1 is NOT a replacement, it's an upgrade option. It's like a Mustang VS Mustang GT, except with a MUCH larger performance difference. The ZR1 pushes the Corvette design into the SuperCar design area, while maintaining a very low price tag considering. :)

durrell
03-08-2008, 09:51 PM
I drive a Nissan, but my heart is with Ford. ;)

battlechaser
03-09-2008, 05:19 AM
Mitsubishi and Dodge are in cahoots. Ever seen a Eagle Talon? Or a Dodge Stealth? Both Mitsubishi's. The Talon is the Eclipse or Lazer by Plymouth, and the Stealth is the 3000GT. Same engines, just American built.

I'm a Toyota fan boy though. Always loved the AE-86, I love my Camry, I love Scion TC's and I LOVE the Lexus IS300.

I thought Chrysler ditched Mitsu after Daimler-Benz ditched them.. or did that happen.. I know I heard something about it..

The ZR1 is NOT a replacement, it's an upgrade option. It's like a Mustang VS Mustang GT, except with a MUCH larger performance difference. The ZR1 pushes the Corvette design into the SuperCar design area, while maintaining a very low price tag considering. :)

Probably coming out to compete with Ford's legion of upped Mustangs...

Mustang, Mustang GT, Mustang California Edition GT, Mustang Bullit (I think it's a slightly upped GT with no badging aside from the Bullit logo on the back, and a couple in the car and under the hood, if I were to buy one, this is what I'd start with), Saleen Mustang, and the Shelby, I think they put out both the GT350 and 500... did I miss any?? ;)

king-man
03-09-2008, 05:31 AM
thanks, this is a better pole, you should be able to more options in a pole though, that away you coud make this a pole wiht all the little options, anyways, General Motors all the way

HelpDeskHustler
03-09-2008, 06:08 AM
The poll tool only allows 10 options max. I just found a better way to sort them to fit 10 options.

HelpDeskHustler
03-09-2008, 06:11 AM
I love my Nissan, and Honda makes great engine components, and BMW is BMW, but How can you pass up Volkswagen AG. Sure the Volkswagens themselves are only OK, but Audi, Bentley Buggati, and Lamborghini is hard to pass up.

irishwarrior
03-09-2008, 06:25 AM
Mustangs Ftw!!!!!!! Wooooooooooooohhhh!! Wooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh!

DFSniper
03-09-2008, 06:32 AM
Mustang, Mustang GT, Mustang California Edition GT, Mustang Bullit (I think it's a slightly upped GT with no badging aside from the Bullit logo on the back, and a couple in the car and under the hood, if I were to buy one, this is what I'd start with), Saleen Mustang, and the Shelby, I think they put out both the GT350 and 500... did I miss any?? ;)

GT500KR! now THATS a beast of a mustang! 540HP supercharged! and dont forget the Super Snake. custom made from anywhere from 600HP-725HP!

marvin-martian
03-09-2008, 08:54 AM
ZR1 owns the KR...

DFSniper
03-09-2008, 08:57 AM
heck yes! but the kr is still a pretty cool car!

MVS1
03-09-2008, 10:01 AM
This ones for all you Mustang fanboys :D:D......http://www.subaru.com/sub/misc/2008/autoshow/ny0311/wrx/index.html?module=wrx_sti&section=gallery_video (takes a minute to load but its worth the wait).

08 Subaru WRC STI !!SPANKS!! the Mustang Shelby GT :p

durrell
03-09-2008, 10:10 AM
I WILL have a Mustang GT someday. In the new body style. Preferably within the next 3 years. :p

DFSniper
03-09-2008, 10:57 AM
and by that time i'll have my new camaro :p

edit: see, those are two completely different cars. thats like comparing a BT Delta to a Vice. the impreza is designed for rally racing, so of course its handling is going to be through the roof. the mustang, on the other hand, is designed for pure drag power. my shop teacher had an '05 sti, and was always bragging how it was just as good as a 350Z. then i pointed out that the only thing the two have in common was 0-60 times. the 350Z has slightly more power while the sti has better handling.

irishwarrior
03-09-2008, 11:36 AM
This ones for all you Mustang fanboys :D:D......http://www.subaru.com/sub/misc/2008/autoshow/ny0311/wrx/index.html?module=wrx_sti&section=gallery_video (takes a minute to load but its worth the wait).

That's a 2007 Mustang against a 2008 Subaru, of course the Subaru will probably out-perform.

The Mustang does beat the Subaru in one way, when I see that car OMGSECKS are the first 900 phrases that come to mind, the next 50 or so involve me wanting to hump it.

marvin-martian
03-09-2008, 11:47 AM

i think its really ugly. the old version was nicer.

DFSniper
03-09-2008, 11:48 AM
its actually not that bad once you get used to seeing them (i thought the 05 'stang was ugly at first), but the hatchback is beyond fugly!

HelpDeskHustler
03-09-2008, 12:42 PM

LOL terrible website is terrible.

TheRedBarron
03-09-2008, 01:31 PM
M5.... /thread

marvin-martian
03-09-2008, 01:39 PM
M5.... /thread

thats pretty much what im thinking too, but i have yet to vote. Mercedes makes some nice engines, but i would rather own a BMW. so im torn.

TheDarkShadow
03-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Chevy FTW,are ZR1 even out yet? BTW do chrysler/dodge fit under Diamler?

and I thought eagles were made by GM? I could be wrong though...

DFSniper
03-09-2008, 01:50 PM
BMW 850CSi > M5 (except the new E60)

im still getting used to the new BMW body styles. IMO the older, square body styles were more appealing. too bad our 750i's engine died before i had a chance to drive it :(

DFSniper
03-09-2008, 01:52 PM

no.

they're the same company now. diamler is europe's counterpart to chrysler.

they were made by chrysler.

TheDarkShadow
03-09-2008, 02:17 PM
not that it really matters but GM owns Isuzu (sp?)

bigred76
03-09-2008, 02:17 PM
You seen the M6? That is the only new bimmer I like the look of. The 'ol E46 M3's were ftw. :D

DFSniper
03-09-2008, 02:27 PM
yeah, those do look pretty slick. man, all this car talk makes me want to play pro street, but my mom took the ps2 away because my brother never picks his **** up when he's done playing! :flame:

bigred76
03-09-2008, 02:35 PM
Haha, I'm tempted to play ProStreet, but I can't because Cheri's mom has the TV on some classical music channel and won't toss me the remote. :confused: OH, DF, if you want a good car and a bunch of cash, look up the cheat code to unlock everything. Go into the car lot and look at the stock Integra's price. Buy and sell it for a profit of $7800 each time, and in a little while, you'll be able to be driving all the good cars like me (R35, Supra, Pagani, RX7 ftmfw!). :D

DFSniper
03-09-2008, 02:38 PM
dude, i had a free car marker, so i got the zonda, and then my file corrupted, so i got pissed and havent played it since!

bigred76
03-09-2008, 02:50 PM
The Zonda's only a little quicker than the Supra (1050hp vs 950hp, not that much different at those levels!), but the Zonda likes to try to fly above 200mph, while my Supra hugs the ground until I bump something at 251mph. :eek:

battlechaser
03-09-2008, 02:52 PM

I'm always going to have a soft spot for the Subies, as I worked for a Subaru dealer. :)

That's a 2007 Mustang against a 2008 Subaru, of course the Subaru will probably out-perform.

The Mustang does beat the Subaru in one way, when I see that car

I actually like the new ones, besides, they are in two completely different classes, one is a muscle car, whereas the other is a rally champion. ;)

The Mustang would have a decent chance of catching the STi on pavement, but I doubt it'd survive the same courses a factory STi is capable of driving away from.

Eagle is a rebranded Mitsubishi sold by Dodge.

DFSniper
03-09-2008, 02:55 PM
yeah, the handling on those rally cars is crazy! in germany, i used to watch WRC on british tv all the time.

battlechaser
03-09-2008, 02:58 PM
yeah, the handling on those rally cars is crazy! in germany, i used to watch WRC on british tv all the time.

The big thing with the STi is it is a FACTORY rally car. You can't take them from the lot and abuse them like that. That is why I want one, that and the 08 hatch really doesn't look that bad. Personally I'm glad they got rid of the box wing. ;)

I'm also interested to see if Subie is gonig to make a forcen induction H6... could prove interesting to see on the Rally circuit...

And... something for my fellow off-road fans..

http://www.motorcities.com/media/image/640/06IEC375330279A/2005-Subaru-Brough-STiATV-STi-Powered-ATV-A-640.jpeg

DFSniper
03-09-2008, 03:01 PM
but...but... i enjoyed the box wing! it looked better than that flat (poor excuse for a) wing the other ones had... i still like the old EVO 8/9 spoiler over the impreza's spoiler though.

TheDarkShadow
03-09-2008, 03:36 PM
And... something for my fellow off-road fans..

http://www.motorcities.com/media/image/640/06IEC375330279A/2005-Subaru-Brough-STiATV-STi-Powered-ATV-A-640.jpeg

wow that's insane.

F.ix
I.t
A.gain
T.ony

D.river
R.eturns
O.n
F.oot

F.ound
O.n
R.oad
D.ead

HelpDeskHustler
03-09-2008, 05:01 PM
hey marv didn't BMW resell all of those ****ed up cars? Even mazda had the decency to crush the cars wrecked on that boat that almost flipped.

DFSniper
03-09-2008, 05:01 PM
since we're branching off from cars...
http://www.allbestpictures.com/wallpapers/Vehicles/image/Dodge_Tomahawk_V-10_Motorcycle_Concept_2003.jpg

marvin-martian
03-09-2008, 05:03 PM
hey marv didn't BMW resell all of those ****ed up cars? Even mazda had the decency to crush the cars wrecked on that boat that almost flipped.

i forgot all about that. the article said they were planning on it, but i never followed up on it.

TheDarkShadow
03-09-2008, 05:50 PM
since we're branching off from cars...
http://www.allbestpictures.com/wallpapers/Vehicles/image/Dodge_Tomahawk_V-10_Motorcycle_Concept_2003.jpg

Tomahawk FTW! last that I heard about that, the couldn't find a big enough space to find a top speed

DFSniper
03-09-2008, 05:51 PM
bonneville... ever seen The World's Fastest Indian??

TheDarkShadow
03-09-2008, 05:53 PM
can't say that I have

DFSniper
03-09-2008, 06:02 PM
its based on a true story about this ex bike racer from new zealand that travels to bonneville in the '70s(?) with his home-made indian racebike/superbike and ends up setting a world landspeed record for fastest unibody motorcycle (202 MPH). he ended up setting a bunch more records and still holds the record for fastest unibody bike under 1000ccs.

Hoppy11
03-09-2008, 07:51 PM
HONDA FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha.. right.. even though my civic has been great and Im actually getting a newer one in a month or so...

GM hands down. Their new cars are awesome.. Im guessing the new Malibu is going to sell like hotcakes. The Corvette.. well.. its a vet. All that needs to be said. Plus the new model coming out (forgot the name!! grrr.. I want to say ZR1? IDK why..) is SICK.

IDC what doc says they have awesome trucks too. Never had a problem with any Chevy my dad has owned and my friends have never had problems with their either. I will have a Silverado someday!

Now don't get me wrong, Mustangs are cool, but why do they even offer a v6? And the newer trucks are impressive. Although the 06 Powerstroke my friend has squeaks no matter what the dealer does (has had it in for the problem like 4 times) and he has had trouble with the exitting turbo tube blowing off. I do really like the truck though.

battlechaser
03-10-2008, 02:47 AM
Now don't get me wrong, Mustangs are cool, but why do they even offer a v6?

It's for people that want the look but not the price, performance, fuel or some of the insurance (but the difference will probably be minimal). but still want a pony in the driveway. Personally it's a waste of metal.

DFSniper
03-10-2008, 04:00 AM
:yeahthat: my thoughts exactly. its the same with most newer muscle cars: camaro, trans am(?), charger, etc... as far as i can remember, the new GTO is the only "muscle car" that doesnt have a V6 option.

Hoppy11
03-10-2008, 08:00 AM
It's for people that want the look but not the price, performance, fuel or some of the insurance (but the difference will probably be minimal). but still want a pony in the driveway. Personally it's a waste of metal.

Thats pretty much what I was getting at. I was just trying to make it sound alittle nicer, but well put lol.

durrell
03-10-2008, 08:18 AM
IDC what doc says they have awesome trucks too. Never had a problem with any Chevy my dad has owned and my friends have never had problems with their either. I will have a Silverado someday!

Now don't get me wrong, Mustangs are cool, but why do they even offer a v6? And the newer trucks are impressive. Although the 06 Powerstroke my friend has squeaks no matter what the dealer does (has had it in for the problem like 4 times) and he has had trouble with the exitting turbo tube blowing off. I do really like the truck though.

I think Chevy is just like Ford in that they make great trucks, there are just a few bad apples in the bunch. The new Chevys are not my favorite looks wise, but they are excellent in terms of gas mileage. I prefer the look of the GMC for some reason.

About the Mustang..the answer is pretty simple. Their V6 models sell like hotcakes to girls. There are so many teenage girls around here in V6 Mustangs. Even moreso than Beetles.

While Ford and Chevy seem to be making strides in their truck quality, Toyota is slacking with their Tundra issues..

chubb0rz
03-10-2008, 08:20 AM
Man, no love for dodge?

DFSniper
03-10-2008, 08:26 AM
D, thanks for reminding me

my biggest gripe right now about car production is this: chevy and dodge have a tendency to make all their crap look the same now!!! compare the dodge magnum, charger, avenger, caliber, and ram. then compare the chevy silverado, suburban, and their new van. i mean, the only real difference is the dimensions and maybe a few angles. this is starting to remind me more and more of cars in the 60s-70s...

Hoppy11
03-10-2008, 08:38 AM
Ok I agree about dodge and them all looking similar but can you blame them? The charger sold like crazy and I think they have great lines. I don't really like how the new trucks have the same style grill head-light combo. I do love Cummings and my dad has a durango now and I like that.

To defend Chevy on their suburban and silverados looking the same.. um.. is basically the same vehicle except for the silverado has a truck bed and the burbon has seating. IDK why you would expect them to be so different.

Doc I was just messing with you. ;)

chubb0rz
03-10-2008, 10:11 AM
Funny you say that sniper because that is what I like the most about them. :) Not big on the caliber but I really like the grill design on the rest and don't think the car would look the same with something different. To each his own.

DFSniper
03-10-2008, 02:39 PM
I do love Cummings and my dad has a durango now and I like that.

my dad has an '07 Ram 2500 (all black sport package), and when we get done with it, its gonna be a beast!

i guess i dont like them looking the same because it makes them look more, mass produced, i guess. its like comparing the '07 sonix to the '07 xtra; pretty much the same parts, just a few differences. it makes it feel like they dont put enough time into the design process. its like they say "hey, car X has this design, lets give car Y the same design!"

chubb0rz
03-10-2008, 03:06 PM
Look at the challenger and then tell that to me ;) I think if anything they put most of their time into that.

DFSniper
03-10-2008, 03:34 PM
well, yeah, that looks more like the original one, and they havent had a charger since what, late 70s? so of course with something that big of a deal, they're going to spend time on it. look at the new camaro, even though its more high-tech looking, it still resembles the '67 in some ways. i'm mad that they didnt have a 40th anniversary camaro, but wait til year 50 rolls around!

bamf-hacker
03-10-2008, 03:35 PM
I went Honda... Why because the last one I had saved my life!!!

DFSniper
03-10-2008, 03:55 PM
same with my government teacher. even though she totaled her honda, she got another one, this time a ridgeline!

HelpDeskHustler
03-10-2008, 04:27 PM
I went Honda... Why because the last one I had saved my life!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/claustrophobia9/eb1a26a9.jpg (http://content.ytmnd.com/content/f/5/1/f5173243e0d502e12dd54d6348d43f4d.mp3)

this is what happens in my brain when people say things.

Click the image.

DFSniper
03-10-2008, 04:30 PM
is that richard pryor!?!?!?

bamf-hacker
03-10-2008, 04:31 PM
same with my government teacher. even though she totaled her honda, she got another one, this time a ridgeline!

Funny me too :)

HelpDeskHustler
03-10-2008, 04:31 PM
IDK ask google, i steal all my pre-shoops from there.

Hoppy11
03-10-2008, 05:41 PM
my dad has an '07 Ram 2500 (all black sport package), and when we get done with it, its gonna be a beast!

I want pics! lol.

DFSniper
03-10-2008, 06:05 PM
its the 3/4 ton. i can try to get some tomorrow. right now it just has new steps. dual exhaust and camper shell (i'm bracing myself for the camper shell criticism from Durrell). he's been looking at new wheels and tires for a few weeks, but i dont know when he'll get around to actually ordering them. oh, and he's got winchester license plate frame, floormats and steering wheel cover.

Hoppy11
03-10-2008, 06:11 PM
I will yell at you the camper shell too. And you have the 2500 w/o the Cummings?

TheDarkShadow
03-10-2008, 06:17 PM
Deisel prices FTL

DFSniper
03-10-2008, 06:22 PM
I will yell at you the camper shell too. And you have the 2500 w/o the Cummings?

yes. my dad didnt want it... i was talking to mudder one day and he said that you can get a cummings to run at 30MPG!

we have the camper mainly for his hunting gear and road trips to michigan, but its bolted down, so it never comes off.

Hoppy11
03-10-2008, 06:24 PM
New cummings yes you can. They made HUGE changes to them for 07 to 08. Totally different programing, they run much cleaner too. I like black smoke though :D

marvin-martian
03-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Deisel FTL

fixed

DFSniper
03-10-2008, 06:37 PM
diesel on a 30MPG truck FTMFW!

Hoppy11
03-10-2008, 06:47 PM
Marv you have never towed a 35 foot enclosed snowmobile trailer with 4 sleds in it have you. Have fun with a gas engine.....

battlechaser
03-10-2008, 06:57 PM
About the Mustang..the answer is pretty simple. Their V6 models sell like hotcakes to girls. There are so many teenage girls around here in V6 Mustangs. Even moreso than Beetles.

That was bascially my point.. I just didn't want to point out the fact that the majority of people driving the 6-cyl are lacking external genitalia. ;)

DFSniper
03-10-2008, 07:01 PM
hey, id rather have hot chicks riding in em than fat chicks. its like every time i see an army wife in a mustang (which happens a lot!), she's a little too far on the "heavy" scale...

battlechaser
03-10-2008, 07:10 PM
hey, id rather have hot chicks riding in em than fat chicks. its like every time i see an army wife in a mustang (which happens a lot!), she's a little too far on the "heavy" scale...

Necessity is the mother of all invention... I wonder if that was how the bump-stop was created.. ;)

XSiv Force
03-10-2008, 07:25 PM
ive got a1962 Corvette and a 1968 Chevelle so take a leap and guess who i voted for

DFSniper
03-11-2008, 03:35 AM
pics??

TheRedBarron
03-11-2008, 07:13 AM
Marv you have never towed a 35 foot enclosed snowmobile trailer with 4 sleds in it have you. Have fun with a gas engine.....

Troof, however with a Diesel you get rolling at 85 and wonder if you are still hauling your trailer... zomg look its still there, hey neat my fuel consumption only changed 1 mpg...

Ace24
03-11-2008, 04:45 PM
??? (http://www.maxchevy.com/features/2007/ii_12-ls9-1.html)

that ZR1 is going to be SICK! i saw pics of it over chirstmas break!

You're talking about the Corvette that is 601WHP from the factory right?

My bro is planning on getting one. Lots of people I know like Vipers... but why only have 400HP for over $80K when you can have 601HP for $60K?

Viper shifters are ****ing stiff/clunky/ and irritating IMO.

http://us.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?fid=Inbox&mid=1_21473_AClkxEIAAKySR5oVIA6xLwFL6DI&pid=41&tnef=&YY=1205286134076&newid=1&clean=0&inline=1
Lexus ^^^ Me want.

It has one of those spoilers that raise/lower depending on speed traveling and braking. Such a sexy car. Bro and I were drooling over it at the Detroit Auto Show.

Sniper: My uncle has the Ram 3500 dulie.
http://www.edmunds.com/media/reviews/top10/towing.vehicles/04.dodge.ram3500.500.jpg
Just like that, only in white. He pulls a REALLY big camper, lives on a farm, delivers hey on his flat bed trailer (almost as long as the camper), ect...

His is a Diesel. It's rated #1 on the top ten towing trucks with a 16,000 pound towing capacity, hill topping and stufffs.

DFSniper
03-11-2008, 04:55 PM
yeah, THAT corvette!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Corvette#ZR1_.282009-2010.29

you were a little off. 620bhp and slightly under $100 grand...

my favorite body style has always been the C4, and theres about 3-4 of them in my neighborhood!

oh, and lexus link no worky...

XSiv Force
03-11-2008, 04:57 PM
hold on let me try to get a pic of the chevelle uploaded

Ace24
03-11-2008, 04:59 PM
yeah, THAT corvette!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Corvette#ZR1_.282009-2010.29

you were a little off. 620bhp and slightly under $100 grand...

my favorite body style has always been the C4, and theres about 3-4 of them in my neighborhood!

oh, and lexus link no worky...

At Detroit Auto Show they said, "601 WHP and just over 60 grand, making it the most affordable, and highest powered American Super Car available in it's class."

Of course they had a ditzy looking model saying this.

XSiv Force
03-11-2008, 05:00 PM
http://www.summitracing.com/streetandstrip/vshow/Winnerindex.asp?Category=ClassicMuscle&CarID=7335&WinnerDate=#ShowTop

This is my 1968 Chevelle ALL ORIGINAL her name is Lucille

DFSniper
03-11-2008, 05:04 PM
lol, when i read the motortrend press release, they were saying around $100,000, which sounds more logical since it'll outperform the viper anyway. oh, and vipers have 500+ HP, not 400.

heres a car my local ford dealership had: Blackjack Mustang (one of 100, $50,000, with dashboard autographed by Jack Roush himself)
http://www.importmyvehicle.com/images/roush%20bodykit/blackjack.jpg

Hoppy11
03-11-2008, 05:09 PM
At Detroit Auto Show they said, "601 WHP and just over 60 grand, making it the most affordable, and highest powered American Super Car available in it's class."

Of course they had a ditzy looking model saying this.

I have pictures of it from the show and it is amazing. Vipers have a ton of power but can't get it to the ground.

That Ram is sick too. And what TRB said about mpg while towing is so true.. sure my friends F250 only gets like 10-12 normally, and then with the trailer same thing. Can't do that with any gas engine or provide equal amounts of torque.

DFSniper
03-11-2008, 05:09 PM
http://www.summitracing.com/streetandstrip/vshow/Winnerindex.asp?Category=ClassicMuscle&CarID=7335&WinnerDate=#ShowTop

This is my 1968 Chevelle ALL ORIGINAL her name is Lucille

wow, that looks clean! theres a '71 SS here at the local classic car dealership. its got hoosiers in the back, white w/black SS strips, and (crappy) painted black square stripes down the side. and inside he has an IMMACULATE red '63 split window corvette w/ factory red interior. and last time i drove past, i noticed a new car inside, but cant remember what it was. it may have been a '67 camaro...

Ace24
03-11-2008, 05:11 PM
lol, when i read the motortrend press release, they were saying around $100,000, which sounds more logical since it'll outperform the viper anyway. oh, and vipers have 500+ HP, not 400.

heres a car my local ford dealership had: Blackjack Mustang (one of 100, $50,000, with dashboard autographed by Jack Roush himself)
http://www.importmyvehicle.com/images/roush%20bodykit/blackjack.jpg

Nope, the Viper SRT 10 I was sitting in at DAS had a sign next to it saying the mid to high 400's. I remember it due to the fact that they lady said the ZR1 would be cheaper, yet more powerful and I looked at the specs and rofl'd.

(EDIT) http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/IMG_3557.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/IMG_3549.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/IMG_3551.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/IMG_3552.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/IMG_3554.jpg

Lexus LF-A Concept.

DFSniper
03-11-2008, 05:18 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Viper#Third_generation_ZB_.282003-2006.29
510. and thats what all the car magazines i've read have said too. because they always compare the 'vette's 505 to the viper's 510.

i found the mag with the ZR1 article, but cant find anything on the viper.

edit:
found some info on the Boss Mustang

Before then, though, Ford will launch a 21st-century Boss Mustang. And like the storied Boss Mustangs of 1969, it'll be powered by a rev-happy V-8 of about 5.0 liters. The new Boss engine is a alloy- block, naturally aspirated V-8 developed from the current modular engine architecture. Whisper out of Dearborn is it's good for at least 390 horsepower, enough to tackle GM's 400-horse LS2. The Boss interior will be stripped out to keep costs down. But the good news for drivers is the car will get the impressive Shelby GT500 suspension setup.

and a pic:
http://images.motortrend.com/future/future_vehicles/112_0609_01z+boss_mustang+left_side_view.jpg

Ace24
03-11-2008, 05:22 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Viper#Third_generation_ZB_.282003-2006.29
510. and thats what all the car magazines i've read have said too. because they always compare the 'vette's 505 to the viper's 510.

i found the mag with the ZR1 article, but cant find anything on the viper.

First off, Wiki is proven to be wrong and poorly updated. Secondly, thats not Wheel Horse Power they're talking about. I said 400's WHP.

Proof I was there, in the SRT-10 and that these are in fact my pics.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/IMG_3542.jpg
ZR1
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/IMG_3585.jpg

Hoppy11
03-11-2008, 05:22 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/Hoppy11/DSC02183.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/Hoppy11/DSC02184.jpg

Thought I had more and better pictures but I guess not. It was amazing. I should have taken pictures of just the frame, engine, and drivetrain display they had. My friends and I probably spent almost a half hour looking at it.

DFSniper
03-11-2008, 05:24 PM
i must have missed that "wheel" part...

wow, im loving that design A LOT more than the C6 body!

Ace24
03-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Wow, Hoppy... You were right by me and I didn't even see you. Hahaha.

What day did you go? Maybe it was a different day.

Hoppy11
03-11-2008, 05:31 PM
We went on the Friday I think.. I don't really remember. Do you live in Detroit?

DFSniper
03-11-2008, 05:34 PM
he lives in rochester, new york, duh!

actually, i have two SMOKIN' second cousins (on my step-dad's side of the family!) that lived in rochester hills, MI.

Hoppy11
03-11-2008, 05:36 PM
he lives in rochester, new york, duh!

actually, i have two SMOKIN' second cousins (on my step-dad's side of the family!) that lived in rochester hills, MI.

I live about 20 mins away from there. Hook me up? :D

TheDarkShadow
03-11-2008, 05:36 PM
I <3 corvettes soooo much

Ace24
03-11-2008, 05:37 PM
We went on the Friday I think.. I don't really remember. Do you live in Detroit?

Nope, I was visiting.

I wish I could remember what day I went.

DFSniper
03-11-2008, 05:39 PM
I live about 20 mins away from there. Hook me up? :D

lol, i think they're both going to school in lansing, IIRC. i saw them over the summer and at christmas, and before that, i hadnt seen them since we were like 6-7. i wish i knew if they had myspace/facebook pages, because i'd try and hook you up.

battlechaser
03-11-2008, 06:13 PM
People are probably going to laugh when they see my favourite super-car...
And of course... knowing me. It isn't stock.

Honda Tuning featured turbo'd 1997 Acura NSX - 650whp - 550 ft/lbs of torque. ;) (http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/features/0612_ht_1997_acura_nsx_turbo/index.html)

DFSniper
03-11-2008, 06:24 PM
lol, the only honda i ever really liked is the NSX.
http://get4free.biz/wallpaper/Honda+NSX+Duke.jpg

i didnt like the type r though because it didnt have flip up headlights...

TheDarkShadow
03-11-2008, 06:27 PM
over priced for what they were

battlechaser
03-11-2008, 06:36 PM
lol, the only honda i ever really liked is the NSX.

i didnt like the type r though because it didnt have flip up headlights...

Flip-ups with the lazy/sleepy eye conversion = teh sexxorz.

http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/7676/litex0.jpg

over priced for what they were

You can't put a price on perfection. ;)

Personally, the only thing that car was lacking from the factory was horsepower, but obviously someone out there solved that problem..

DFSniper
03-11-2008, 06:53 PM
lol, theres a guy in my neighborhood with a black 240 (same body style). i know that because he was right behind me when i went to school this morning. i dont like the sleeper look. i like the in your face big headlights glaring look!

when i was looking for my first car, there was a '95 at a used car dealership, but i didnt like it because of the lights (and body style), and we didnt stick around long because it was cold and the guy was taking forever.

cool cars with flip-up headlights (just because i can!)
http://www.tunerzine.com/articles/134/1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/transam85tpi/images/IMAGE008.jpg
http://www.jdm-per4mance.com/images/GP%20Sports%20G%20FOUR%20AERO%20S13%20%20180SX%20F RONT%20BUMPER%20SMOOTHING.JPG
http://tadauto.at.infoseek.co.jp/mahiro0112-img600x450-1173513838imgp0143.jpg
http://www.greek-portal.com/japan/customercars2/rx7%20FD3S.jpg
http://tuning.nrml.cc/images/DSM_001.jpg
http://www.socalsupras.com/members/Sofro/supra1.jpg

OMFGOMFGOMFG!!!!
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8021/4we57n3rr8.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.theformulasource.com/forums/index.php%3Fshowtopic%3D14067&h=493&w=616&sz=39&hl=en&start=19&tbnid=auaJza7NfKMwRM:&tbnh=109&tbnw=136&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtrans%2Bam%2B85%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%2 6safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DG
ok, i figured they would make a trans am since the camaro was making a comeback, but this is the first time i've seen anything. oh, and Smokey and the Bandit FTMFW!

battlechaser
03-11-2008, 07:20 PM
http://www.tunerzine.com/articles/134/1.jpg

I <3 treunos/levins.

ok, i figured they would make a trans am since the camaro was making a comeback, but this is the first time i've seen anything. oh, and Smokey and the Bandit FTMFW!

Burt Reynolds makes that photo... I mean seriously I didn't even notice the car, my eyes were immediately drawn to that magnificent 'stache. :D

DFSniper
03-11-2008, 07:30 PM
have you seen the car in my avatar?? :D

the worst thing they did with that franchise was #3. jerry reed dressed up as the bandit driving a 3rd gen trans am just didnt cut it... although that is my favorite trans am! someone at school (i think a teacher) has a bandit II firebird!
woah! http://www.xatracing.com/bandit/bandit3.jpg
trans am conversion for a 240!

Ace24
03-11-2008, 07:44 PM
have you seen the car in my avatar?? :D

the worst thing they did with that franchise was #3. jerry reed dressed up as the bandit driving a 3rd gen trans am just didnt cut it... although that is my favorite trans am! someone at school (i think a teacher) has a bandit II firebird!
woah! http://www.xatracing.com/bandit/bandit3.jpg
trans am conversion for a 240!

Ew.

I actually saw a NSX the other day... just about **** myself.

DFSniper
03-11-2008, 08:11 PM
i saw one in the immigrations office parking lot when i was in charlotte, NC. i was like 14 at the time and felt OMG! all inside me!

XSiv Force
03-11-2008, 08:19 PM
I am a martial arts instructor with a chevelle and down the street is another martial arts instructor for anoither discipline who drives a twicked out NSX..well he pulled up next to me one day and wanted to race so i said sure........I smoked the hell out of him....STRAIGHT UP AMERICAN MUSCLE PWNS ALL

deano 177
03-12-2008, 09:39 AM
This is how I rock... like a rock...

http://www.onlinesigns.biz/chevy_bowtie_decals.jpg

deano 177
03-12-2008, 09:42 AM
OMFGOMFGOMFG!!!!
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8021/4we57n3rr8.jpg

Oh yea that is hot!

DFSniper
03-12-2008, 09:50 AM
i saw one of the new sunfires today, and thats almost exactly how the front end looked. im disappointed that it wont have flip-up lights though.

for battlechaser and ace:
http://www.americandreamcars.com/1987honda.jpg

accord lxi. i saw one last month, and it looks JUST like the ae86 except with a longer front end.

Hoppy11
03-12-2008, 09:54 AM
I don't think that Trans Am is hot at all. They shouldn't even try to recreate it. They will never be able to match it.

deano 177
03-12-2008, 10:44 AM
I don't think that Trans Am is hot at all. They shouldn't even try to recreate it. They will never be able to match it.
You got to envision it with the ground effects, t-tops and a cb antenna. :D Of course if they redid s.a.b. they would probably use nextels or some thing gay like that...

Bandit: Chirp! Chirp! "Hey Snowman... there is a smokey just around the next corner!"

Snowman's nextel: BeepBeep!"Hey Snowman... There Snowman: (trying to respond to Bandit)BOOOOOP! BOOOOOOOOP! BOOOOOOOOP! Chrip! Chirp! "What was that Bandit? You broke up! Awww crap! I just went around this corner and there was a smokey sitting there!

Anyone who has used nextel knows what I am talking about....

DFSniper
03-12-2008, 10:47 AM
lol :D my uncle is a delivery truck driver so uses them all the time.

battlechaser
03-12-2008, 01:33 PM
i saw one of the new sunfires today, and thats almost exactly how the front end looked. im disappointed that it wont have flip-up lights though.

for battlechaser and ace:
http://www.americandreamcars.com/1987honda.jpg

accord lxi. i saw one last month, and it looks JUST like the ae86 except with a longer front end.

Aren't they FWD too tho?

You'd probably enjoy my first car, granted that particular one wasn't much to look at, but she still went like hell. I swear, I spent more time driving that car sideways than straight... ;)

1980 Datsun 280zx (http://www.motoweb.pl/tapety/pictures/normal/datsun_280zx_1980_3.jpg)

DFSniper
03-12-2008, 01:42 PM
nenkitsune on here has a '78. i saw one at the golf course today when i was coming home from school. i see all kinds of stuff there, including an R8. those look way better than in the pictures!

battlechaser
03-12-2008, 02:35 PM
nenkitsune on here has a '78. i saw one at the golf course today when i was coming home from school. i see all kinds of stuff there, including an R8. those look way better than in the pictures!

I think Hossy and I would have the same problem with the R8 if not all supercars... we won't fit in them.. ;)

TheDarkShadow
03-12-2008, 05:06 PM
I actually like the trans am, I cant wait for them and the camaros come out