PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Automobile Maker

king-man
03-08-2008, 05:13 PM
:yeahthat:

battlechaser
03-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Most of the Japanese manufacturers and Ford. Why Ford, because I work on them day in and out, and are delightfully simple, electrically.

marvin-martian
03-08-2008, 05:20 PM
wow. wow. wow. where are european companies?

thread fails. hard.

DFSniper
03-08-2008, 05:22 PM
no mazda? and you forgot EVERY german car company...

personally, i'd go with ford and chevy because when i was growing up, my dad's always had this thing against imports, but im starting to like more and more imports (my first car is a mitsubishi!) i cant really pick a favorite... if i HAD to, i'd probably pick chevy because of this car!!! (http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-1960-1969/1961-Chevrolet-Mako-Shark-Corvette-Concept-SA-Top-1280x960.jpg)

oldironmudder
03-08-2008, 05:23 PM
In general, Ford with their Pre-1980 trucks

If you wanted a list of parts........ i would get banned for such a long list.

marvin-martian
03-08-2008, 05:27 PM
no mazda? and you forgot EVERY european car company...
fixed

battlechaser
03-08-2008, 05:32 PM
where are european companies?

thread fails. hard.

I think there's a reason why they were left out. :devil:

Most of that list can be summed up as General Motors though.

marvin-martian
03-08-2008, 05:37 PM
he left out BMW, Porsche and Ferrari, but included Saturn? logic please.

DFSniper
03-08-2008, 05:45 PM
fixed

eh, beside the german companies, the only good companies (besides the supercar companies) are aston martin, jaguar, saab, maserati, ... and thats about it. fiat, alfa romero, and those crappy eastern european cars all suck. oh, and you left out Hummer and Jeep too!

on second thought, i'd have to go with one of these!!! (http://www.lamborghiniregistry.com/LM002/LM004/index.html) the Lamborghini LM004. it was originally designed for arabian sheiks, and i actually got to see a black one last year in germany at a car museum!

Critical
03-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Audi FTW

Just look at the R8

HelpDeskHustler
03-08-2008, 05:57 PM
You can't include Honda and then Pontiac, but not Nissan. I can see excluding every European car company or every Japanese car company, but only excluding a few is fail. Like anyone is going to vote Pontiac over Nissan. This thread is lacking almost every good car maker.

Volvo
Saab
Audi
Lotus
Nissan
BMW
Mercedes
Aston Martin
Ferrari
Alfa Romeo
Infiniti
Acura
Lexus
Scion
Lamborghini
Bugatti

I'm sure I'm missing nearly as many as I just posted, but that should give you a taste of why we're upset.

battlechaser
03-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Audi FTW

Just look at the R8

I think there's only one word that came to mind when the engineers were designing that car... WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

You can't include Honda and then Pontiac, but not Nissan. I can see excluding every European car company or every Japanese car company, but only excluding a few is fail. Like anyone is going to vote Pontiac over Nissan. This thread is lacking almost every good car maker.

Volvo - Ford
Saab - GM
Audi - VW
Lotus - GM
Nissan
BMW
Mercedes
Aston Martin - Ford - but I think they were sold recently
Ferrari
Alfa Romeo
Infiniti - Nissan
Acura - Honda
Lexus - Toyota
Scion - Toyota
Lamborghini
Bugatti

I'm sure I'm missing nearly as many as I just posted, but that should give you a taste of why we're upset.

Some of those companies there's no reason in mentioning though, as they're owned and operated by a parent manufacturer, but I do agree with your point. And also, what are we comparing, looks, reliability, ease/cost of repair, speed, handling, off-road capabilities?

Critical
03-08-2008, 06:01 PM
The owner of a company that I work with owns one. It's ridiculous in person.

bigred76
03-08-2008, 06:03 PM
R8's ****... I voted for Ford because they own Mazda, and there is no option for them. Some biased kid obviously made the poll! :angry:

HelpDeskHustler
03-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Jeep
Hummer
Maserati
Jaguar
Subaru
Suzuki
Pagani Zonda
Opel
Vauxhall
Lincoln
Land Rover
Mercury
Bentley
Volkswagen
Peugeot
Fiat
Smart
Mazda
Kia
Mini
Rolls-Royce

HelpDeskHustler
03-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Ford doesn't own mazda, mazda owns mazda.

MVS1
03-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Audi FTW

Just look at the R8

Thank god I'm not the only Audi fan, when you have a car that is excluded from many racing classes for having an "unfair" advantage, you know somebodies doing something right.

battlechaser
03-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Ford doesn't own mazda, mazda owns mazda.

Ford has owned Mazda since the early 90s. Proof is the Tribute (Ford Escape), and the B series pickups (Ranger). There are probably more, but those are the ones I've noticed from working on them.

Jeep - Chrysler
Hummer - GM
Maserati
Jaguar - Ford
Subaru
Suzuki - Heavily partnered with GM, not owned I believe.
Pagani Zonda
Opel
Vauxhall - I can't remember if Ford bought them or not... I think so
Lincoln - Ford
Land Rover - Ford
Mercury - Ford
Bentley
Volkswagen
Peugeot
Fiat
Smart - Mercedes
Mazda - Ford
Kia - Hyundai
Mini - BMW
Rolls-Royce

bigred76
03-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Probe, Escape/Navajo.... the list goes on and on! Ford owns 33.someodd% of Mazda, making them their owner's.

battlechaser
03-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Probe, Escape/Navajo.... the list goes on and on! Ford owns 33.someodd% of Mazda, making them their owner's.

I forgot the Probe.. wasn't it loosely based on the RX7 platform.. albiet FWD?

Critical
03-08-2008, 06:30 PM
later years had similar platforms, so, yes.

DFSniper
03-08-2008, 06:37 PM
i saw a light blue R8 in the golf course parking lot one day as i was taking a shortcut home. pure secks!! and as for my $0.02 on mazda: wankel rotary engine FTW!!

bigred76
03-08-2008, 06:42 PM
QFT! RX7 FD = :drool:!!!!

DFSniper
03-08-2008, 06:55 PM
there were 4 FC's about 2 towns over from where i lived in germany. 1 white, 1 white w/ canvas top, 1 red, and 1 green. i never saw more than 3 at once though. they were always parked between a mazda dealership and a body shop. i've only seen one FD IRL, but it was very nice! for a daily driver, i'd take an FD over just about ANY car. at the science museum i went to in germany, they had a cutout of the wankel engine showing exactly how it worked. i have to say, thats pure genius right there. the rx-8 is a nice car too, but even the jdm spec rx-8 (with dual-rotary engine) doesnt have the power of the rx-7.