PDA

View Full Version : help spending 500$$$$

dynastykiller08
03-08-2008, 11:46 AM
OK I have 500 dollars to spend on any and everything paintball, i thought about buying a tibrius sp? but im not im sticking with my newly bought mr 2 with eye i also have purchased the tadao board with m7 upgrade chip...so i have a start pls help me spend my money wisely i want to make a very relable somewhat compact marker something like benni sp? posted in the picture thread with his ump a5 kit on the mr so what do i start with any suggestions on styles of guns and the parts needed to pull off the look? all suggestions welcome because i would mess around and buy all types of good parts and end up looking like crap pls help sorry to drag this out just looking for what goes with what as far as looks and need help with performance...bolts internals etc...???

TheDarkShadow
03-08-2008, 11:50 AM
http://spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=8340

I wish i had 500 bucks to spend

SpyderMan723
03-08-2008, 12:03 PM
You might want to make your MR2 low pressure.
http://spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=8371
lots o' parts!^^^^^^^^^^^

bigred76
03-08-2008, 12:13 PM
General guidelines for upgrading are in my sig in the red link.

SpyderMan723
03-08-2008, 12:26 PM
General guidelines for upgrading are in my sig in the red link.

just sent him the URT

dynastykiller08
03-08-2008, 01:08 PM
thx for the quick replies ive been checking out the sites and links you osted i think i will highly consider the lp setup, also i have another question i have a 14 inch jj barrel i want to get a apex barrel system how can after i get the apex (where to buy) put the tip of apex on my jj and what shrounds(handguards will fit with this? ump handguard?

bigred76
03-08-2008, 01:17 PM
I wouldn't get the Apex. Period. It's inaccurate in all ways shapes and forms. The J&J barrels are VERY good for their price, but if you want a better barrel, go for a Freak or UL.

As far as the UMP foregrip, I'm sure that you can modify an A5 UMP foregrip to fit. Here's a link showing an MR2 with an A5 foregrip modded to fit (it's translated from French, but not everything translated, so beware!): http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://forums.scenario-paintball.com/index.php%3Fact%3DPrint%26client%3Dprinter%26f%3D7 7%26t%3D15450&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=7&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dmr2%2Bump%2Bhandguard%26hl%3Den%26saf e%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26hs%3Ddem

slim and shady
03-08-2008, 02:00 PM
thx for the quick replies ive been checking out the sites and links you osted i think i will highly consider the lp setup, also i have another question i have a 14 inch jj barrel i want to get a apex barrel system how can after i get the apex (where to buy) put the tip of apex on my jj and what shrounds(handguards will fit with this? ump handguard?

I have the apex and i love it i have refered it to a number of people on this page who all love it as well (PM Intercerpter, or havok(SP) I cant remember anyone else right now and they will back me up) But the apex isnt for everyone, my sugestion is to get your hands on one and try it for yourself first then you will have a better understanding of it.
If you want to put it on your JJ go to the underground mod shop and buy the adapter for 25, or put a few wraps of electrical tape around the tip of your barrel it does the same thing. I have mine on my Empire barrel kit. The buetiful thing about the apex is its ability to be turned off you dont have to use it all the time. If you want more details on it PM me.
As for where to buy it i would start in the BST section of this club Vikingshadow has one on BNIB, IXM has one that he ran about 40 balls through but its vertually new and I think there are a few others. They are real cheep there and if I were buying one thats where I would get it.
Hope that helps with the Apex part of your question.

HavocNC
03-08-2008, 02:43 PM
I highly suggest the apex it is an awesome barrel. Go to www.pntball.com and go to spyder barrels and look for the apex its 45.90 or something like that. There is also an underground mod piece that let's youput it on virtually any barrel. I am looking into myself. So just remener that website and look for stuff there they are reliable and cheap.

dynastykiller08
03-08-2008, 03:53 PM
thx havoc and slim exactly what i was looking for and yes that answers my questions for the apex but will there be room for a hand guard of some sort i havent seen handgaurds listed in any of the threads on here if im mistaken im sorry point me in the right spot

p.s. that site havoc thats where i buy all my stuff both my guns came from there (one in the mail now) good deals

SpyderMan723
03-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Like this??? (http://spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=4554&page=46)

2nd post, my Baby..

dynastykiller08
03-08-2008, 05:31 PM
yes!!! exactly but without the suppressor of course, w/ a apex on end what is that guard called and how much did it cost? what stock are you using?

slim and shady
03-08-2008, 06:56 PM
I highly suggest the apex it is an awesome barrel. Go to www.pntball.com and go to spyder barrels and look for the apex its 45.90 or something like that. There is also an underground mod piece that let's youput it on virtually any barrel. I am looking into myself. So just remener that website and look for stuff there they are reliable and cheap.

I have the underground mod adapter but i dont always use it I find electrical tape just as useful and it's cheep. You dont have to get hte adapter if you dont want to, I find absolutly no difference between the adapter and a few wraps of electrical tape.

StoneSolid
03-08-2008, 07:05 PM
you could start a new project, maybe get like a spyder victor or like a sonix and make it nice. you could do it easy under 500.

Lonus
03-09-2008, 04:48 AM
I think the easiest thing to do would be just give the money to me :) Really your best bet is to play with the mr2. Find what you don't like about it and go from there.

dynastykiller08
03-09-2008, 10:09 AM
yeah i think i will stick with the mr it is just a sweet gun i think i found where i want to go with this gun gonna get a new bolt w/o-rings timmy dentents sp?, bt m16 apex barrel system (yeah i think i will use the tape...is the apex removable on the m16 also? looking for a cheap commando stock r car stock ive seen some that i might consider but gonna get that and start turning into LP should be fun!!! more ideas i likes all the ones thrown out there (except giving my money to you^ lol but thx everyone

SpyderMan723
03-09-2008, 02:31 PM
yes!!! exactly but without the suppressor of course, w/ a apex on end what is that guard called and how much did it cost? what stock are you using?

sorry i didnt get back to you..

I got it from my cousin.. you can get them from rap4.com but what i suggest doing if you DO decide to pick one up from there is to wrap the points on your barrel with tape so the set screws dont scratch up your barrel.

the stock is a Trinity M4 car stock.

$55 but you can get them on ebay for around 40

EDIT: OR: you could buy a package, BT apex+handguard, they sell em at Actionvilage.com

HavocNC
03-09-2008, 02:37 PM
I have the underground mod adapter but i dont always use it I find electrical tape just as useful and it's cheep. You dont have to get hte adapter if you dont want to, I find absolutly no difference between the adapter and a few wraps of electrical tape.

Really? Well does the curving and dive bombing work well? Does the tape leave a gunk on a barrel. Does a better barrel effect distance and everything?

slim and shady
03-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Yes the barrels make a huge difference, on my progresive I gain about 20feet of accurate distance over the original apex barrel. On my Empire 7 peice barrel kilt i gain a few feet more but the all around accuracy is alot better. Keep in mind though it is still an Apex dont expect to be hitting ball on ball, but its definatly a huge improvment. The tape wont hurt your barrel at all or wont change the apex preformence at all it just lets you put it on any barrel. On a progressive the ones with the teardrop end you dont even need tape it just fits right on there.

HavocNC
03-09-2008, 03:30 PM
Hmmmmm thats interesting I will have to try it on my friends 16 inch smart parts all American barrel if I can convince him it won't gunk the barrel.

slim and shady
03-09-2008, 03:54 PM
even if it does how hard would it be to wash off???? But honestly i have never had that problem.

KingTutBaller
03-09-2008, 07:23 PM
just rub on some lighter fluid if there is any 'gunk' left on the barrel, that stuff removes duct tape, tar, mostly anything.

slim and shady
03-10-2008, 04:24 PM
Removes you hide just fine to if you spill it on your watch band and leave your watch on all night!

dynastykiller08
04-05-2008, 08:18 AM
so an update: decided to use slims method w/ signature posted updates so check them out i will have pics up when i get my qloader today and get it hooked up the ay i want it....can't wait to use this thing at world at war at battlefront in a few weeks...YES!!!!!!!!!!! and i still got money to spend maybe go LP now??...once i sell some stuff