PDA

View Full Version : Border Questions

Quick_2
03-07-2008, 11:26 AM
Does anybody know any laws/regulations about bringing paintball markers/air tanks over the canadian/US border?

any personal expiriences?

i do know for fact that air tanks have to be empty but what about markers?

oldironmudder
03-07-2008, 11:43 AM
I really dont know. Fully disassemble the marker or make it where there would be no way to fire it or take several minutes to get it ready to fire?

N_Dub_Spyder
03-07-2008, 12:56 PM
I don't think that there is a problem if they are disassembled and like most firearms, I would assume that the ammunition needs to be kept in a different part of the vehicle than the gun. This is only an educated guess though.

crecsky
03-07-2008, 02:39 PM
I don't know, but the new gun I bought has been at customs for about 5 days now. It's in the original package and nothing is open so I wouldn't assume it to be a problem but it seems something is up with the slow times.

Quick_2
03-07-2008, 06:16 PM
I wasn't really thinking about shipping because of all the bad expiriences i've heard.. but more driving.. cause i've never heard anything... and well my mr1 was taken over last time without saying anything but i was wondering what would happen if stopped if it is to be worried about .. what the laws say..
because most laws are about Firearms.. but i wouldn't say a marker is a firearm..

Taillo
03-07-2008, 08:47 PM
I heard that canadian co2 tank's certification differs from the ones in the states. i know certain paintball fields that will refuse to fill your tank for inssurance reasons if the regulation is not canadian. I dont know if they do that in the united states.

battlechaser
03-08-2008, 03:50 AM
If the marker was assembled, chances are they noticed as it went through an Xray, they probably opened the package to make sure, you should have it in a little bit.

Quick_2
03-08-2008, 07:34 AM
I havn't had any problems with co2 tanks from the states.. both of mine are from the US... so i guess if you were to drive over the border it's safe as long as your gun is dissasembled/unable to be shot and away from any tanks... i dont think they would have a problem..

crecsky
03-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Well it was in it's new package, most likely assembled, with a CO2 cartridge, a mask, a vest, some pods, and a squeegy. So I guess they must've opened it up to take a look.

I'm just very impatient to be able to shoot it becuase of the way you guys love yours.