PDA

View Full Version : Palmers Stabilizer's

Quick_2
03-05-2008, 02:33 PM
Would a male stabilizer fit the mr1? like where the front grip is?... and what would i need to install a female regulator at the bottom of the grip frame?

pinkanese
03-05-2008, 04:46 PM
For a femal reg you just need the reg, a ring mount, and a 90* fitting. If you wanted to mount a male Stabe you will need the rega VA and I think a 90* fitting again.

oldironmudder
03-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Thinking off the top of my head, the MR1 front grip is like the old AMGs. You would either find one of the rare adapters from Apoc or if the port going into the body is 1/8-27npt get a 1/8-27 to asa adapter & screw in there & you can use a normal reg of your choice.

Quick_2
03-07-2008, 11:24 AM
After a little research i found that adapter... i think i might wait for a bit until i go on holiday in about a month... i should have well over $150 to put this altogether...

i was thinking i would go and find a good expansion chamber possibly the 32 degrees 6 stage one (it looks nice) or if i could find a male stabilizer i would get that if it's not to pricy because we all obviosly know its way better... then i would have to do the hard part and find one of those adapters which could be tricky... then i would have to see from there how long of SS hose i would need and buy that and another converter for the standard SS hose threads to spyder threads.. i would only need one... and put it all together and tada!

if i missed anything tell me please!
and what do you think of this idea.. is there somthing better i could do?

oldironmudder
03-07-2008, 11:48 AM
First thing, x-chambers arent worth the money. They dont block liquid Co2.

I have a male stab that Im not using right now. Shoot me a PM & well talk about it.

The adapter Apoc made, there is proll less than 30 made. Last time I saw one was when Opty was selling his AMG.

The adapters to go from Sypder(metric) to standard arent very high. Use a coat hanger or piece of stiff but bendable metal & lay out how the hose will go & measure & go up to the next size.

deano 177
03-07-2008, 05:09 PM
here is how I did mine (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?p=178526#post178526)...

http://server.myspace-shack.com/d14/Palmers.jpg

Quick_2
03-07-2008, 06:18 PM
deano i love the way you did yours.. that is amazing but i want to get the male variant... im really looking into this... the only downside for it is finding the frigin adapter for the asa because i can get teh one for the SS hope to convert from metric or whatever... and the price.. but i just got a job soooo.... we will see

deano 177
03-08-2008, 07:10 PM
deano i love the way you did yours.. that is amazing but i want to get the male variant... im really looking into this... the only downside for it is finding the frigin adapter for the asa because i can get teh one for the SS hope to convert from metric or whatever... and the price.. but i just got a job soooo.... we will see
Thats cool. you asked about the bottom style, too!:D

N_Dub_Spyder
03-10-2008, 09:39 AM
Deano's looks awesome! If you use a remote kit, they make an in line remote Palmer's stabilizer. That is the route I am probably going to go.

Quick_2
03-10-2008, 10:09 AM
I Still love the stabilizer idea.. although i dont really plan on getting a remote / want one so i dont think i would do that.. although it would be a great idea if anybody had a remote.. kinda out'a the way and all... what about A/S my tanks as a cheaper alternative... with a nice smart parts smart valve with on/off and a/s...

deano 177
03-12-2008, 10:08 AM
My local paintball shop had some of the adapters. Ill try to find out some more info on them and where to buy them. I really like the idea of the verticle palmers stabilizer. That would be really cool to do. I think that you would need a different length of hose and the metric to inch adapter but that would be about it.

Quick_2
03-12-2008, 03:53 PM
I would need:

Stabilizer
New Hose
Metric To Imperial Adapter
ASA Adapter

Erlkonig
03-19-2008, 05:08 PM
I really like the Female Stabilizer as it will allow me to keep the front grip as it is, but I was reading on Otters site that the Male Stabilizer setup is best for consistency...

Anyone have any experience with this one? I am curious of it is that big a difference that I would notice it on the field...

deano 177
03-20-2008, 10:06 AM
I really like the Female Stabilizer as it will allow me to keep the front grip as it is, but I was reading on Otters site that the Male Stabilizer setup is best for consistency...

Anyone have any experience with this one? I am curious of it is that big a difference that I would notice it on the field...
If you could find one of those real magazines to fit over it that would be pretty cool. I can only tell you about mine... It does what it is supposed to. I usually run 275 fps with a +/- of about 5. I'll hit 280 and sometimes I'll hit 269. One time it was really cold (about 40deg:D ) and I couldnt get the velocity up past 265. I could have changed the spring but I played with it as is...

Quick_2
03-20-2008, 03:27 PM
I think i made up my mind on the whole issue of consistence, price, and stuff... i'm going to get a Smart Parts Vibe... i know that it dosn't completely eliminate the issues of co2 but it does a darn good job at it... also it can withstand water, is truly electropnematic, has the lovely not mechanical trigger pull, and can do 11 bps... and i know some genius will say "oh my goodness theirs no eyes" ... watch teh user posted videos of the low force bolt and you'll see.. plus if thats not enough it will have eyes with the new blackheart board... it runs at 180Psi.. which is pretty good.. and it cost less than a stabilixzer would for me... soo thats my reasoning and im not changing my mind.. unless you can convince me. Also to further help... im going to A/s my tanks!