PDA

View Full Version : Question on replacing pilot bolt

Raiderz628
03-04-2008, 06:48 PM
I have a pilot with a JJ ceramics barrel ,sticky dye grips,a clamping feed neck and a stronger spring.I was wondering what bolts are the best to upgrade to and if it is a good investment?
I am having good luck with what i have done but am getting a bit bored.
Thanks

SpyderMan723
03-05-2008, 04:53 AM
I have a pilot with a JJ ceramics barrel ,sticky dye grips,a clamping feed neck and a stronger spring.I was wondering what bolts are the best to upgrade to and if it is a good investment?
I am having good luck with what i have done but am getting a bit bored.
Thanks

A bolt...

Right here (www.alamocitypb.com)

I'd get a Delrin 2 oring bolt.
cheap and efficient

tumtum00
03-05-2008, 06:17 AM
remember when changing the bolt in the pilot, you will lose the acs technology, without a different board and eyes expect to chop alot of paint if you are using anything less than a fasta hopper. The bolt in it is pretty good, I took a saw and cut out the part from the hole to the end of bolt, and now i get more distance out of my shots, really making it a low blow bolt, with some mods you got a great bolt already that doesn't chop paint like normal bolts.

Sandman_Bravo
03-05-2008, 08:25 AM
remember when changing the bolt in the pilot, you will lose the acs technology, without a different board and eyes expect to chop alot of paint if you are using anything less than a fasta hopper. The bolt in it is pretty good, I took a saw and cut out the part from the hole to the end of bolt, and now i get more distance out of my shots, really making it a low blow bolt, with some mods you got a great bolt already that doesn't chop paint like normal bolts.
I have a Bandit Bolt and run LP. I've never had a chop with this bolt. I've had barrel breaks, but no chops. A good hopper that will keep up with the gun is essential. Another nice thing is I haven't lost the cocking pin since installing this bolt.
http://www.banditpaintball.com/customer/product.php?productid=727&cat=265&page=1
I have the LP bolt with o-rings. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Raiderz628
03-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Did you have to do anything else but change the bolt?

Sandman_Bravo
03-07-2008, 06:23 PM
I went LP (low pressure) when I put in the bolt. You don't have to; you can buy a HP bolt. Just make sure to get one with o-rings. The stock ACS bolt isn't all it's hyped to be, I've gotten chops with it before.

MVS1
03-07-2008, 06:35 PM
If you want a bolt for your pilot pm me, I'll take care of ya ;D, just happen to have one laying around that you might like ((**cough** ACP 2 o-ring red**cough**))