PDA

View Full Version : My First Pump Marker.

Ace24
03-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Well, Pat and Andy helped me get a Kingman Hammer off of Otter on e-bay a while back. I started off thinking it was a rather crappy pump... but that's because Otters was... well... this couldn't have been one of his better ones. Thats for sure. I put a little time into it and my team mate Alan had a Hammer as well. We ended up swaping parts to make one good Hammer.

Well, here's what I've come up with:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/IMG_8905copy1.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/IMG_8907copy1.jpg
Heh, Hammer sitting on a bed of nails.

The following are on it:
New main spring
CCI Ring Detent (Red)
Empire .684 bore from my 7 piece barrel kit
Metal trigger frame, handle, ASA
Remote fitting w/Macro fitting screwed into it
PVC!!!

Now that I've got the bottle off the back of the gun, I can actually AIM with it!

So this'll tide me over until my new pump gets in.

bigred76
03-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Lol, I still think my hammer's better, but yours is working it's way up! :)

DFSniper
03-04-2008, 06:18 PM
edited for now :D

TheDarkShadow
03-04-2008, 06:24 PM
nice hammer, i like the idea of the nails/hammer combo

XSiv Force
03-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Im thinking of getting a pump.....My team went to "practice" on sunday and one of my guyd only has a phantom..... Well during the down time he said anyone that wanted to take him on 1 on 1 he will do it...........out of 12 matches he won 12..............We have an odd ball team......

Ace24
03-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Im thinking of getting a pump.....My team went to "practice" on sunday and one of my guyd only has a phantom..... Well during the down time he said anyone that wanted to take him on 1 on 1 he will do it...........out of 12 matches he won 12..............We have an odd ball team......

Whats so oddball about pumps? I'm in a pump team that won 7 out of 7 preliminary matches, not one of us got shot out at all.

I know people that are better with pumps then semi's. Personally, I think I play better with a pump then a semi. It requires more movement, more patience, and more accuracy.

You should get one. It's A LOT of fun, but also a big challenge.

XSiv Force
03-04-2008, 07:06 PM
No its that we have three guys with elecs......me with a mech....and 1 with a pump.....but yes i dont think it means anything as long as the gun you use can bust one ball on someone i think it is worth it

DFSniper
03-04-2008, 07:08 PM
when i told an old friend of mine i've always wanted a hammer, he thought i was joking (he wants a DM7). so i had to explain to him how true skill works.

Ace24
03-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Well... before I replaced the internals with the better Hammer, this hammer spiked from 130fps to 270fps... lmao. We lost a game in the tourney's finals because the damn ball wouldn't break on this guy I was shooting at. (Bounced him a good 3 times, FPS must have **** the bed at the low 100's)

Thats why I don't like a lot of speedball attitudes. The lack of skill without PSP is ridiculous at our field. But what is cool is the amount of respect you get, by being a pump player and being successful in your games with a pump.

The only thing that pisses our team off more is the wipers and the people that play on. It's hard enough to get a break on someone without them wiping it off and cheating.

SpyderMan723
03-05-2008, 03:32 AM
The only thing that pisses our team off more is the wipers and the people that play on. It's hard enough to get a break on someone without them wiping it off and cheating.

Death to wipers!

XSiv Force
03-05-2008, 07:44 AM
If i shoot someone and i know theyve been hit and they are still in i unlesh hell on their ass in the form of about 50 pbs to the face

LostCause
03-05-2008, 01:35 PM
not to mention think of the money you will save at toruns jus by using less paint :D lol

Ace24
03-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Want to know how much I spent last tourney? $5. THATS IT.

This is why I love pump. CHEAP.

... well cheap aside from the markers haha.

LostCause
03-05-2008, 05:19 PM
alsways wonder why pumps go for so much,......shouldn't it be easier to make ?

DFSniper
03-05-2008, 05:29 PM
well, the high quality ones like the buzzard and phantom go through a more rigorous design process than talons and hammers. so the more expensive ones have better consistency than th cheap ones. i just finished reading an article that said that once the friction problem was taken care of (with an aftermarket power tube) the velocity consistency only deviated 10 points.

The Pumper
03-05-2008, 06:14 PM
a maverick [very similiar to it] should be here 2mrw :)
I'm excited

bigred76
03-05-2008, 06:49 PM
A Razorback or a Traccer? :)

I'm working on the GF right now... she might get me a pump kit for my 'Cocker soon here. :D

XSiv Force
03-05-2008, 07:39 PM
After i saw it i want onto ebay and just bought a hammer

Ace24
03-05-2008, 07:53 PM
I hope you got one with the metal frame.

Composite frames with composite hex screws = total fail. Mine came with them and I had to swap them out.

XSiv Force
03-05-2008, 07:59 PM
I think it is it looks like the one on this thread