PDA

View Full Version : Droid or Cyborg

king-man
03-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Has anyone used a Droid or 07'Cyborg, is the droid alot better

SupaSnipa
03-04-2008, 05:54 PM
Vike wrote a review on, I think timbertigers Droid, he said the droid was pretty good

*EDIT* Here it is (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=14073)

Team Ramrod
03-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Paging Timbertiger!

He is, i believe, sponsored by macdev so he should be able to give you one of the best comparisons out of anyone here. Try PM'ing him for a faster response.

vikingshadow
03-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Actually, I wrote a LOT better review of the Droid after that - but it's like 7 pages long (written for a specific reason.)

Eventually, you guys will get to see it!

DFSniper
03-04-2008, 08:20 PM
you're gonna publish it in a mag?

Ace24
03-04-2008, 08:47 PM
you're gonna publish it in a mag?

He's making a website for guns, I believe. A place to find reviews on every gun or something.

I remember him saying something about that. Maybe it was just for Kingman guns.

Or maybe that was someone else... oh well.

bigred76
03-04-2008, 10:12 PM
IMO, the Cyborg is better than most players will ever need. I've said this before, but my old one would drag me down the field mowing faces as it went.... They're such straight-up KILLERS! That was an '06 (which MuddyTaco said was better than his Ego7), the '07's are supposedly even smoother. :eek: When they're that good, I can't say how much better a Droid'd be. Given MacDev's quality, I'd say that it'd be a preference choice between dual tube and single tube design, and they perform the same.

Timbertiger's team, the Irregulators, are sponsored by MacDev, the first scenario team to be so. He also can get you a Droid for a decent price (I'm not going to void his contract with MacDev if I accidentally guess right on a price quote), so PM him here if you'd like one.

Vike, I'm getting tired of holding my breath, my face is turning purple! http://tinyurl.com/33hwmy

timbertiger20
03-05-2008, 12:39 AM
We are still hoping to get it in a magazine..........I think it was Paintball Sports last time I heard.............

Borg vs Droid............well obviously I have a couple of both......The efficient see is +250 balls to the Borg on a 68/45

Speed goes to the Borg by about 7 BPS........although I just had a bunch of boards come back from NOX and I've heard they bump the speed up on the droid. The kick is very low on the Borg........but even better with the Droid. In size and weight it is hands down the Droid........(right now:) ) The Droid is very smooth and without an LPR idiot proof to work on! Alof of upgrades are in the works for the Droids.......or at least are planned to be. I'm still skeptical as I know James has been sitting on this gun........well let's just sat 2 years is actually an understatement. It's definitely refined. The sexiness of the Droid just can't be imagined until you pull one out of the box though. It's a tough call..........luckily I have a coin to flip when I go out :) Obviously you can pick up a used Droid............well my used Black with Blue accents for about $950

vikingshadow
03-05-2008, 04:41 AM
He's making a website for guns, I believe. A place to find reviews on every gun or something.

I remember him saying something about that. Maybe it was just for Kingman guns.

Or maybe that was someone else... oh well.

Sorta something like that, minus the reviews. What I had said was that I was going to make a website that showed pictures of all the guns made, along with a description, so that it'd be easier to find out what something was.

Maybe a mag, maybe a website, maybe I'm just yanking your chain! ;)

king-man
03-05-2008, 06:31 AM
Hey timber, i dont guess you have a borg that you wanna get rid of pretty cheap

bigred76
03-05-2008, 09:58 AM
Take it to PM's, King-Man... He can't discuss his prices and such on open forums that any monkey can get into, ;)

DFSniper
03-05-2008, 06:33 PM
Maybe a mag, maybe a website, maybe I'm just yanking your chain! ;)
right after you finish that book you've been working on for forever, right? :)

vikingshadow
03-05-2008, 07:09 PM
Ouch, that hurts!

Actually, I had put that dream aside because I put too much time into paintball, but I recently started back up. Right now I have the novel I was writing (sort of a writer's block thing going on with that right now) and two other education books that I'm writing. Just finished another chapter for one of them before I got on here...I hope to finish it before school's out.

bigred76
03-05-2008, 07:45 PM
School's out? You mean in another 20 years when you quit teaching end of the school year? :

Sorry, have to poke at ya. ;) You know I'll be in the book store the day your book comes out and have a review to you by the end of the week of all the mistakes you make. :)

DFSniper
03-05-2008, 07:46 PM
cool. my economics teacher (he's from bangladesh) is writing an economics textbook and a book on how to maximize farming production in bangladesh. its really amazing, actually. they grow carp in the rice paddies (doubling economic output), which is surrounded by mahogany trees (worth $15 million in 25 years) and breed cows, and use the dung for the cows to create clean-burning methane to power the local village. its a really ingenous system that he was able to sell (well, he actually gave it) to the military leader of bangladesh (who naturally took full credit for the idea) and the government used international aid money to buy the two cows to start the program in over 25 communities. so i'm really waiting for him to finish so i can pick up a copy!

vikingshadow
03-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Hahaha, no worries! But, it feels like it's going to be 20 years...but actually I meant the end of this year (I hope.)

The one I'm writing now has me looking at moving into the Staff Development, Motivational Speaker circuit. I've written most of the anecdotal stuff, got a lot of the discipline stuff down and now I'm trying to focus on research based stuff.

Just to give people insight as to why I'm thinking about this move - I'm in charge of District Staff Development and the last guy we had come to our school was one of the cheaper speakers that was available (he wasn't that great, either.) However, he makes 3500.00/day. He worked 200 days last year - to save you the math, that's 700,000.00 minus expenses. I think I could be comfortable with that. :rolleyes: Shoot, even half that price would be nice!

But the idea I've come up with is turning some heads around our district, and some of the Special Ed/Counselors/Admins think that I would be extremely busy with appointments. I may finish it before the end of the school year, tweak it over the summer and then see what I can do with it next school year - possibly get published in the meantime. Either way, I'm plenty psyched about it!

DFSniper
03-05-2008, 08:31 PM
go for it! that means more paintball money!