PDA

View Full Version : Problems with my mr2 please help

Granis
03-04-2008, 01:10 PM
Ive recently purchased my new mr2 and have since played about 8 four hour sessions. The last time I played I started having two problems with my marker any sugestions would be great.

1. After firing about three to four balls on semi auto I have to pull the T knob back in order to fire any more rounds, again two or three will fire then the knob again.

2. The marker will start firing on full auto with my finger off the trigger. Sometimes it will empty my co2 bottle other times it will just fire for about ten seconds stop then start again.

Thanks for the help guys.

bhsdude
03-04-2008, 01:13 PM
your gun sounds ****ed

XSiv Force
03-04-2008, 01:16 PM
not getting enough AIR??????

ViperX
03-04-2008, 01:21 PM
I would check for scratches on your delrin bolt, sounds like it's getting a bit too much friction and now the air at the striker isn't pushign it back fully to engage the sear. Deep gauges in the bolt are most likely coming from burs in the upper tube that develop from the cocking pin slamming into the upper channel, common with this marker.

You are using a new, filled bottle of co2

Granis
03-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Yea I used two diffrent tanks both were filled up before I had this problem Ill look at the bolt. Hate to say it but if its a common problem is it just a cheap part.. will an after market bolt not have the same problem or sould I just buy an A5.

ViperX
03-04-2008, 01:54 PM
lol...A-5, the grass isn't always greener on the other side....

If it is the burs in the upper tube(verify by finding parallel gauges on your bolt on the top), all you can do is lightly sand them away without damage to anything else and then fix the cause of the problem...just look at the bolt, the main metal rod that goes up vertically through the back of the bolt has a larger diameter at the base when looking at the top of the bolt. It's that flat spot that is hitting the upper channel guide for the re-cock pin. just glance down the length of the bolt and you will see the edges sticking out past the outer diameter of the bolt. just use a dremel with a small grinding head to slowly/carefully round of the front and side edges.

You could also purchase an Alamo city bolt for your MR2, as far as I know that's the only other option for a change from stock hardware. My Alamo bolt fitted fine and did not have the same issue with metal to metal contact that the stock bolt did.

spyder-Mr2
03-04-2008, 04:49 PM
wow, sounds scary maby your marker should get an Exorcism lol. But yeah ViperX should be right.

KingJester
03-04-2008, 07:57 PM
I would send the marker to Kingman for repair. By reading these post it seems to me that you should avoid repairing the marker you could damage it more and then the warranty would be void. If I were you I would send in for repair. I am not sure how good Kingman repair service is though I am sure you can find out here on the forum. Hopefully you sent in the warranty card that came with the marker so you can get your marker repaired without cost other than shipping.