PDA

View Full Version : can anyone tell me whats wrong with my gun

bhsdude
03-03-2008, 07:01 PM
my spyder MR2 has two main problems the worst one is that the marker shoots out 2-5 balls at a time on semi, andchops balls often. my second problem is that the paintballs are only acurate to about 50 feet then they curve badly even without any wind at all.

jjarvis0007
03-03-2008, 07:25 PM
I went and played with the marker this weekend for the first time. It was doing fine at first. Then later it would sometimes shoot 2 balls at once on semi. I broke the bolt it for 2 days prior to using it. My accuracy was fine for the most part. But was sometimes real off. Hopefully we can get this resolved!

XSiv Force
03-03-2008, 07:32 PM
By any chace is the detent missing? Does the paint match the barreel well and does it have any dimples in it?

Xtreme
03-03-2008, 07:34 PM
Ok your first problem sounds like a bad ball detent, replace your stock detents with timmy detents. That should fix your 2-5 ball feed, especially if your using a force feed hopper. As for accuraccy, how old is your paint, older paint that been sitting awhile was cause inaccuracy issues, and did you clean your barrel after you broke a few balls a dirty barrel will cause also cause inaccuracy. I hope this helps.

jjarvis0007
03-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Ok I am new to the whole paintball thing obviously. Where is the detent? :confused:

XSiv Force
03-03-2008, 07:46 PM
on the other side of where the balls fall into the gun it should look like a plastic "nipple".........hehehe......Its held there by a plastic piece on the outside i believe

jjarvis0007
03-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Unfortunately I dont have any "nipples" on the gun. Cant see anything in there on the other side.

XSiv Force
03-03-2008, 08:10 PM
sorry that was a brain Fart on my part....it smelled by the way.....Take off the feedneck that is alreay on the gun... it is the little soft rubber thing that is there chances are that its not

SkinWalk3r
03-04-2008, 05:04 AM
the little soft rubber thing
hehehehehehe

anyway once you remove the feedneck you will see a round rubber disk. USe your finger nail (nothing metallic) to pop it out. thats the ball detent(once you pop it out you will see the "nipple" heeheehee). If it is missing all you will see is a small detented hole. replace it with Bob Long Intimidator black detents. they are also referred to as "timmys"

bhsdude
03-04-2008, 12:12 PM
alright thanks for the help guys ill see if it works

ViperX
03-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Replace them with intimidator detents, commonlyreferred to as "timmy detents." You can get a pack of 5 for under $10. They will stop the multiple ball feeds. start there first, may cure your chopping issues, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that just yet.

bhsdude
03-04-2008, 02:30 PM
thanks for the help guys i put a new ball stopper on my gun and now its shooting perfectly, you have saved me from going to the a-5

king-man
03-04-2008, 02:38 PM
thanks for the help guys i put a new ball stopper on my gun and now its shooting perfectly, you have saved me from going to the a-5

NEVER GO TO A A-5, get this for the cheapest and best woodsballing experience IMO US Army 98/E-Grip (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=BUIMsy4XStIMEmna2afMGySxF4AFrxqXP3A=?Pro ductID=kALAqArbCw4AAAEXmhaXnJ4K)

darth massacre
03-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Whoa dude - that is an interesting link. Thanks King-Man.

SkinWalk3r
03-05-2008, 05:10 AM
isnt that a center fed marker. Mening you are going to have this HONKING big loader in you line of sight ??

NVM I saw a pic its offset.