PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Problem

xSoulsx
03-03-2008, 02:14 PM
Ok, my neighbor has a PS3, they got it for X-Mas.

The problem is that there is a disk stuck in the disc-drive. I know there is a disk in there because another disk will not go in, The disc starts to go in but about 3/4 the way in it stops. If i press the eject button I just hear the things spinning, somtimes it makes a sound like something is moving inside..

How can I fix this???

Thanks

Critical
03-03-2008, 02:21 PM
From Google, it sounds like that's a pretty common problem for the PS3. If it's under warranty, which it should be if they got it for Christmas, then they can send it to Sony to remove the disk. Otherwise, the best suggestions out there have been to poke at the disk with another disk or something else thin and flexible, while hitting eject, so that the drive eventually recognizes that there is a disk in there and spits it out. The next suggestion has been to try pressing the eject button for extended periods of time (10-15 seconds) while praying that it works this time.

king-man
03-03-2008, 02:22 PM
get a 360, they are better,:D, no couldnt you jsut send it back to sony?

irishwarrior
03-03-2008, 02:48 PM
a 360 is just a PS3 with an overheating problem. I have a PS3 and have played the 360 the PS3 graphics are slightly better, but, it's otherwise the same.

PS: It's understandable that the PS3 has better graphics. I mean it has 8 processors and gaming only uses about 2 or 4 of them.

marvin-martian
03-03-2008, 02:53 PM
get a 360, they are better,:D,
http://vladalucard.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/x360_ring_of_death.jpg

irishwarrior
03-03-2008, 03:01 PM
http://vladalucard.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/x360_ring_of_death.jpg

Ouch!:( :( :( :( Microsoft seems to have trouble making reliable computer-type hard/software.

xSoulsx
03-03-2008, 03:04 PM
Ok, my neighbor has a PS3, they got it for X-Mas.

The problem is that there is a disk stuck in the disc-drive. I know there is a disk in there because another disk will not go in, The disc starts to go in but about 3/4 the way in it stops. If i press the eject button I just hear the things spinning, somtimes it makes a sound like something is moving inside..

How can I fix this???

Thanks

Now its making a clicky noise when it turns on

marvin-martian
03-03-2008, 03:08 PM
Now its making a clicky noise when it turns on

my friend has a ps3, ill see what he says when he gets home from work.

and about the xbox- failure rates (http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080214-xbox-360-failure-rates-worse-than-most-consumer-electornics.html)

marvin-martian
03-03-2008, 03:13 PM
*sn* (6:09:16 PM): if its making a clicking noise then it sounds to me that the hard drive is having issues
*sn* (6:10:12 PM): I don't know if there is an emergency eject button, if there is you would usually have to take a paper clip and push it in the right side or left side of the disc slot and that would sometimes cause the disc to come out
*sn* (6:10:29 PM): if it is under warranty still i would send it in

Critical
03-03-2008, 03:22 PM
1. Please stop arguing about which one is better. You will never convince fanboys one way or the other, so please save all of us who do not care the trouble and stop. Now.

2. If the unit is not functioning, and seems to be getting worse, which it sounds like it is, stop doing anything else, you will void the warranty. Contact Sony immediately and have them diagnose and repair it.