PDA

View Full Version : Faster

Quick_2
03-02-2008, 05:36 PM
What would be some parts that i could get to make my mr1 a bit faster... im looking into making it a little bit speedball-like.. i already put on some nice Hybrid Grips and a linear barrel... i have a low blow bolt.. but what about other internals... what ones would make it faster? i have my trigger adjusted like it says on otterscums or hwtaever that place is.. it's about as short as it can go..

another thing is what hopper should i use?

i dont think it'll be getting more than 10bps.. if that

i was thinking an egg2/3 because the looks of a reloader 2 dont really remind you of a speedball gun...

and would a clamping feedneck be better than the old plastic ones?

mr1 sniper
03-02-2008, 06:01 PM
if you want to go electric you can pick up a CAMD frame, rocking trigger, etc if you have the money go with the reloader b (if thats what your talking about) because if/when you upgrade to a better gun later it will definitely benefit you. a clamping feedneck will be a lot better than the stock plastic one. i recomend the trinity clamping one, it has worked wonders for me

N_Dub_Spyder
03-03-2008, 06:23 AM
If you want to get faster, you need to either upgrade to e trigger, or just get another gun. You can get a Mongoose II really cheap, or a VS1. The money you would put in the MR1 to support an e trigger and get it firing correctly would be enough to buy you another marker.

Quick_2
03-03-2008, 06:55 AM
well i wasn't talking about a reloader b i was talking about a reloader 2 hence the fact i said reloader 2.... i don't think a reloader b would be a good idea.. just for the fact that it's kinda overkill and it cost's alot... plus im not really about to get much more in a marker because cant run compressed air because the nearest fill station is over 100 miles away...

although i like your thought that it would cost about the same to get a frame and get it working with a new hopper than it would to get a new gun...

i was thinking something along the lines of a Smart Parts Vibe... but then it wraps back to the hopper issue...

camo_mr1
03-03-2008, 08:15 AM
sp vibe is garbage, i held one and it feels weak and has alot of plastic, i dont like ions but it would be 10 times the gun a vibe is or ever be, yuck

deano 177
03-04-2008, 08:10 AM
If you want to make this marker shoot within that type of enviroment you should get some type of power hopper that you like [I have the Halo sound activated Frontman(that I got for cheap...$20.00:)] so that you are not totally dependent on gravity. The faster this thing goes the more balls will chop. And while you are getting the new hopper you probably should upgrade the feedneck just for the simple fact that the plastic ones suck and the mech loaders are a little heavier that simple grav ones. I have been lending my mr1 out to peeps and the damn feed necks keep breaking. I'm trying to get a metal one but I've just been too sorry to get one yet. You can definately rock the e-triggers but without the faster loader you are going to be put in a position where you will start to over shoot your hopper. I finally got to this point and I started chopping balls. Since I got the VS3, I have put the mech trigger back on the mr1 because when I was lending it out, my friends would shoot it too fast and chop balls which casued jams. A broke ball isn't too bad when you can shoot through it. Atleast you can still throw paint but what was happening with them is the chop would get stuck on the side of the bolt and jam the marker. I usually didn't have many problems when I used the Frontman. It keeps the balls pushed in there.

Quick_2
03-04-2008, 11:44 AM
I was actually looking into the TSA hoppers... where did you buy yours deano?

irishwarrior
03-04-2008, 01:26 PM
i was thinking an egg2/3 because the looks of a reloader 2 dont really remind you of a speedball gun...

The MR1 is NOT A SPEEDBALL GUN. If you're into speedball get another gun. As has already been mentioned it would cost more to make the MR1 into an okay speedball marker than it would take to get a good marker. I have the MR1 and although I have the rocking trigger and it has yet to chop, I only use 3-round bursts and don't want to tempt fate. It's a more than decent woodsball gun, so, if you want to do speedball, sell the MR1 and buy something else. An Ion might do well.

SpyderMan723
03-04-2008, 03:56 PM
An Ion might do well.

I hate ions for some reason..

If I were you.... I'd be one of those spoiled kids on youtube and have my parents buy me a DM98 custom etek....

:dodgy:

ahhaha na but for speedball? I'd say grab an etek ego, somewhat cheap and works good.

irishwarrior
03-04-2008, 04:46 PM
I'm not a speedballer so I honestly don't know if Ions are good. All I wanted to do is throw something out there.

Quick_2
03-05-2008, 09:21 AM
Well im not really going for a speedball gun... i jsut wanted to make it a little better.. and a bit faster haha.. ya'll are getting into quite teh argument lol... anyways.. i think im jsut gonna get a new hopper and the trinity feedneck...

i was thinking about the ACP delrin striker and a spring kit... but i dont know...
i might get the spring kit though.. it's a great idea for when im jsut reballing inside the house and i dont need to sue lots of air... i could just switch to the lowest tension spring.. what about that? is that a good idea?

irishwarrior
03-05-2008, 01:18 PM
Spring kits are always a good idea just for general usage, personally the 32 Degrees kit well. I would suggest getting a reg, maybe going low-pressure, electro hopper and electro-trigger (my MR1 has the Rocking Trigger and that works well). I personally like the the original feedneck, it's clear which allows you to see if balls are entering the chamber, and hasn't had any issues.